|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 16-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objections does Olivia put in about Garland's age?
(a) That he is too old for her.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That he will be dead before she is middle age.
(d) Neither of these.
2. How many phones were there on the desk?
3. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) A woman's place in the world.
(b) How she lost her mother.
(c) The woman's suffrage movement.
(d) When she got her period.
4. What had Garland and Malcolm been discussing?
(a) All of these.
(b) Garland wanted to send his youngest son to Harvard.
(c) Garland was going to be living with them for the rest of his life.
(d) Garland had drawn up a new will.
5. What animal did the bed in Malcolm's mother's room resemble?
(a) A dove.
(b) A cat.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A swan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Malcolm feel about musicians?
2. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
3. At what point did Alicia look at Olivia hatefully for the first time?
4. What did Olivia represent?
5. What did Malcolm say to Olivia when he came to her that night?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)