|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms are in Foxworth Hall?
(b) Somewhere between thirty and forty.
2. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(b) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(c) That he honestly love her.
(d) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
3. What was there in Garland's demeanor that there wasn't in Malcolm's?
(a) A warmth to his smile.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A lightness to his step.
(d) Both of these.
4. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
(a) Both of these.
(b) His status in society.
(c) His love for his guests.
(d) Neither of these.
5. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
(a) They were warm and kindly people.
(b) Like an old friend after a long trip.
(c) They took pains to make her feel like a giant.
(d) Like an uninvited guest at her own party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
2. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
3. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
4. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
5. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)