|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
(a) Everything but the picture had a layer of dust on it.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It sparkled unlike anything else in the room.
2. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
(a) Malcolm knows more about the business affairs than his father does.
(b) Malcolm knows the in's and out's of the empire now better than his father.
(c) There is new blood in the board room that doesn't know Malcolm's father.
(d) All of these.
3. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Breaking up a fight.
(b) Settling a business deal.
(c) Settling a poker bet.
(d) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
4. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
(b) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
(c) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
(d) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
5. For what or whomwas Malcolm always there?
(a) A pretty lady.
(b) A damsel in distress.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia represent?
2. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
3. Why did Garland feel sorry for Olivia?
4. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
5. What relative was mentioned by name?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)