|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
(a) Matthew, or Matt.
(c) Malcolm, or Mal.
2. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
(a) It sparkled unlike anything else in the room.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Everything but the picture had a layer of dust on it.
(d) Both of these.
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(b) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(c) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(d) That he honestly love her.
4. What did Olivia's father choose to have served on special occasions?
(a) Beef Wellington.
(b) Prime Rib Roast.
(d) Filet Mignon.
5. What were Malcolm's concerns when he saw his father's bride pregnant?
(a) That she was going to stay for an indefinite period of time.
(b) All of these.
(c) That she was going to upset the already existing children.
(d) That there would be another heir to the Foxworth fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't Olivia sorry she couldn't bear Malcolm any more children?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. The women at the party reminded Olivia of what?
4. What was in the separate room in the attic?
5. What color were Malcolm's eyes?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)