|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food is mentioned in Chapter Five?
(a) All of these.
(b) Petit fours.
(c) Small sandwiches.
2. How long has Mrs. Wilson been with the Foxworths?
(a) Nearly forty years.
(b) Nearly thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Nearly thirty-five years.
3. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
(a) They were warm and kindly people.
(b) Like an uninvited guest at her own party.
(c) They took pains to make her feel like a giant.
(d) Like an old friend after a long trip.
4. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
(a) An ally.
(b) Someone to go to for advice.
(c) A mothering figure.
(d) All of these.
5. Why did Olivia greet Malcolm warmly when he had approached her in the nursery?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) She thought that he might want to actually be a father to his children.
(c) Both of these.
(d) She thought he had finally taken a father's interest in his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did attics represent to Olivia?
2. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
3. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
4. How old was Olivia when she lost her mother?
5. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)