|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did doctors dub this neckline?
(a) The Death blouse.
(b) The Pneumonia blouse.
(c) The Plague blouse.
(d) The Indecent blouse.
2. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Rocky Mountains.
(b) The Black Hills.
(c) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(d) The Appalachian Mountains.
3. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) A blue sapphire pendant.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) An emerald pendant.
(d) A pink sapphire pendant.
4. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) The swan.
(b) The ugly duckling.
(c) None of these.
(d) A butterfly.
5. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
(a) Malcolm, or Mal.
(d) Matthew, or Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
2. What did attics represent to Olivia?
3. What had Olivia's father done without her knowledge?
4. What was the dressmakers name?
5. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)