|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(b) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(c) That he honestly love her.
(d) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
2. What was in the separate room in the attic?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A schoolroom.
(d) A bedroom.
3. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
(a) She had died in her sleep.
(b) All of these.
(c) She had run off when he was five.
(d) She had killed herself.
4. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
(b) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
(c) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
5. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) None of these.
(b) The swan.
(c) The ugly duckling.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia sense when Malcolm talked about Foxworth Hall and his ambitions?
2. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
3. What had Olivia waited to have for so long?
4. What did the women talk about?
5. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)