|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
2. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(b) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(c) That he honestly love her.
(d) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
3. What did attics represent to Olivia?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
4. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
(a) After church.
(b) Over dinner.
(c) While upon horseback.
(d) By the river on a walk.
5. What thought cheered Olivia when she had seen the small room where she was to work?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That Malcolm must have had a reason for her to be there.
(d) Perhaps Malcolm had wanted her closer to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Malcolm take into the library at their reception?
2. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
3. Why is Malcolm's father dependent on him?
4. What message had been sent for Olivia?
5. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)