|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Malcolm treat Olivia the first time he 'slept' with her?
(a) With love and tenderness.
(b) With hesitancy and tenderness.
(c) With compassion and respect.
(d) With hatred and lust.
2. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Settling a business deal.
(b) Settling a poker bet.
(c) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(d) Breaking up a fight.
3. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Black Hills.
(b) The Appalachian Mountains.
(c) The Rocky Mountains.
(d) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
4. Olivia compared the people at her reception to what animal?
5. What was Malcolm's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
2. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
4. What did attics represent to Olivia?
5. What did Olivia think that she might gain out of Garland's new wife?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)