|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) The woman's suffrage movement.
(b) How she lost her mother.
(c) When she got her period.
(d) A woman's place in the world.
2. What did Malcolm's mother represent?
(a) None of these.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) The ugly duckling.
(d) The swan.
3. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
(a) The Black Hills.
(b) The Appalachian Mountains.
(c) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
4. What do Malcolm's parties always reflect?
(a) His status in society.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) His love for his guests.
(d) Both of these.
5. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) It was hard and perfunctory.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was cold and chaste.
(d) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
2. What kind of weather did Olivia have on her wedding day?
3. What was in the separate room in the attic?
4. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
5. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)