|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
2. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) A blue sapphire pendant.
(b) An emerald pendant.
(c) A diamond brooch.
(d) A pink sapphire pendant.
3. What disappointed Olivia about Malcolm's kiss?
(a) All of these.
(b) It had the passion of a wet noodle.
(c) It was hard and perfunctory.
(d) It was cold and chaste.
4. Which of Olivia's thoughts in regards to the North Wing were proved correct?
(a) That embarrassing cousins were once cloistered there.
(b) That she shouldn't mention that she had been in the attic.
(c) That she shouldn't mention the uniforms she found in the attic.
(d) That she shouldn't have mentioned the picture of his mother.
5. Which of the servants had known Malcolm all his life?
(a) Mrs. Steiner.
(b) Mr. Olsen.
(d) Mrs. Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Malcolm to return that evening?
2. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
3. What was Malcolm's mother's name?
4. What did Olivia represent?
5. What had happened to Malcolm's mother?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)