|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Olivia wear that had belonged to her mother?
(a) A blue sapphire pendant.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) A pink sapphire pendant.
(d) An emerald pendant.
2. What did Olivia's father choose to have served on special occasions?
(b) Prime Rib Roast.
(c) Filet Mignon.
(d) Beef Wellington.
3. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) When she got her period.
(b) A woman's place in the world.
(c) How she lost her mother.
(d) The woman's suffrage movement.
4. What was in the separate room in the attic?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) A schoolroom.
(c) A bedroom.
(d) Both of these.
5. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) That he had given her the day to herself.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
2. What relative was mentioned by name?
3. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
4. Where did Malcolm ask Olivia to marry him?
5. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)