|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) A woman's place in the world.
(b) How she lost her mother.
(c) When she got her period.
(d) The woman's suffrage movement.
2. What did doctors dub this neckline?
(a) The Death blouse.
(b) The Indecent blouse.
(c) The Plague blouse.
(d) The Pneumonia blouse.
3. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(b) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(c) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(d) That he honestly love her.
4. What did Olivia believe in more than anything?
(c) The church.
(d) All of these.
5. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
(d) That he had given her the day to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
2. What was Malcolm's mother's name?
3. At what age did Malcolm lose his mother?
4. What terrified Olivia?
5. What did Olivia's father choose to have served on special occasions?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)