|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
2. What uniforms did Olivia find in the attic?
(a) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) John Amos.
(c) All of these.
(d) The lawyer in charge of her father's affairs.
4. What kind of neckline did Olivia's gown that she donned when she went to bed have?
(a) None of these.
(b) A scoop neck.
(c) An empire neckline.
(d) A V-neck.
5. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(b) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
(c) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(d) That he honestly love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
2. What day of the week do the servants go to town?
3. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
4. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
5. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)