|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did attics represent to Olivia?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
2. At what age was Olivia already considered a spinster?
3. Mr. Patterson needed help with what?
(a) Taking his drunken wife out to the car.
(b) Breaking up a fight.
(c) Settling a poker bet.
(d) Settling a business deal.
4. What was the name of Malcolm's father?
5. Why wasn't Olivia sorry she couldn't bear Malcolm any more children?
(a) All of these.
(b) He didn't enjoy the ones he already had.
(c) He wasn't exactly father material.
(d) He had never treated his children with any kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
2. How many tiers on the chandeliers were lit?
3. What specifically does Malcolm's father want as a priority for his room?
4. What was in the separate room in the attic?
5. What was unusual about the picture of Malcolm's mother?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)