|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Olivia not to discuss at the table?
(a) The woman's suffrage movement.
(b) A woman's place in the world.
(c) When she got her period.
(d) How she lost her mother.
2. How do the servants distinguish between the two Mrs. Foxworths?
(a) They call Olivia "the tall one."
(b) They call Olivia "the cold one."
(c) They call Olivia "the depressing one."
(d) All of these.
3. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
(b) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
(c) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
4. What was in the separate room in the attic?
(a) A bedroom.
(b) A schoolroom.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What stipulation did Mr. Winfield put on Malcolm Foxworth marrying his daughter?
(a) That he honestly love her.
(b) That he have the courage to divorce her if he didn't love her.
(c) That he treat her with respect and dignity.
(d) That her fortune was her own and that Malcolm was not entitled to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
2. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
3. What did doctors dub this neckline?
4. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
5. What news did Malcolm bring Olivia in the nursery?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)