|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Malcolm make in the stock market that day?
(a) Twenty-six thousand dollars.
(b) He didn't make any money in the stock market.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty-four thousand dollars.
2. What did Olivia consider sweet about Malcolm?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That he had given her the day to herself.
(c) That he didn't want her tiring herself before the reception.
(d) Both of these.
3. Why is Malcolm to transfer a million dollars into trust for each of the boys?
(a) So they can run their own lives.
(b) So they can leave their father's side.
(c) So they have some control over their own lives.
(d) So they have money.
4. Why did Alicia finally choose to tell Olivia what was happening?
(a) She knew Garland would have wanted her to tell Olivia.
(b) She didn't want to be in Foxworth Hall anymore.
(c) She was attempting to leave.
(d) She was pregnant with Malcolm's child.
5. What did Malcolm attempt to get Olivia to do?
(a) Malcolm didn't attempt to get Olivia to do anything.
(b) Turn over her fortune to him.
(c) Come out with him and tour the businesses.
(d) Come out with him to redecorate the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought cheered Olivia when she had seen the small room where she was to work?
2. What name(s) was etched on the desks?
3. What news did Malcolm bring Olivia in the nursery?
4. What mountains were "looming like sleeping giants?"
5. What seemed to be happening to Garland?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)