|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With relief and gratitude, Olivia surrendered her will to ____?
(a) Mrs. Worthington.
2. What was the last thing that Alicia thought would save her from being condemned?
(a) That the servants would know.
(b) That she couldn't remain away from her son.
(c) That she would have to see a doctor.
(d) That people would know she had never left.
3. What characteristic(s) of women did Malcolm despise?
(a) Those without an ounce of self respect.
(b) Frilly types.
(c) All of these.
4. What did Malcolm say in his own defense?
(a) That Alicia was a temptress and teased him mercilessly.
(b) All of these.
(c) That Olivia was making too big a deal out of the situation.
(d) That because Olivia wasn't going to have more children, he would get them where he could.
5. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
(a) Olivia didn't have any conversations with Alicia.
(b) That she should pressure Malcolm to settle her estate.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That she should live for her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the servants to watch?
2. Why was Alicia's act convincing?
3. How did the people at Olivia's reception make her feel?
4. What did Malcolm deny Corinne?
5. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)