|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why shouldn't Olivia feel subordinate to Malcolm's father's new wife?
(a) She is not likely to be Olivia's equal.
(b) Olivia is likely to be far more beautiful.
(c) Olivia is likely to be smarter.
(d) The kind of woman that impresses Malcolm's father is the vapid kind.
2. What did Malcolm say in his own defense?
(a) That Olivia was making too big a deal out of the situation.
(b) That Alicia was a temptress and teased him mercilessly.
(c) All of these.
(d) That because Olivia wasn't going to have more children, he would get them where he could.
3. Who learned more about Olivia than anyone else?
(a) All of these.
(b) The lawyer in charge of her father's affairs.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) John Amos.
4. What conversation(s) did Olvia have with Alicia?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Olivia didn't have any conversations with Alicia.
(c) That she should live for her son.
(d) That she should pressure Malcolm to settle her estate.
5. Which person was at Corinne's beck and call?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Corinne the first time she got to eat at the dinner table?
2. How long had Malcolm been forcing himself on Alicia when Olivia had come to talk to her?
3. What was Garland's cause of death?
4. What did Olivia and Malcolm name their firstborn son?
5. Malcolm compared Olivia's raising of her sons to what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)