|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
(a) Catherine's bed.
(b) The garden.
(c) The cove.
(d) The writing room.
2. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
3. How does David feel about his African story?
(a) It is his only refuge.
(b) It is strangely symbolic.
(c) It is more real than reality.
(d) It is a burden he must loose.
4. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
(a) Elephant tusks.
(c) Water tanks.
(d) Oil reserves.
5. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
(a) Cooled lava.
(c) Grassy plain.
(d) Harsh rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
2. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
3. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
4. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
5. Who kills the bull elephant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
2. What is the subject of David's second short story?
3. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
4. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
5. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
6. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
7. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
8. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
9. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
10. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)