|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
(a) Elephant tusks.
(b) Water tanks.
(c) Oil reserves.
2. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
3. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
(a) Catherine's room.
(b) The bar.
(c) His workroom.
(d) The restroom.
4. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
5. What does David do after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes for a drive.
(c) Heads to the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
2. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
3. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
4. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
5. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)