|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) His room.
(b) Marita's room.
(c) Catherine's room.
(d) The workroom.
2. What does David do with everything he has written on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Crosses it out.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Shreds it.
3. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Dive next to her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Leave Catherine.
4. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
5. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By bus.
(d) By bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
2. How does David view his life in Chapter 17?
3. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
4. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
5. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
2. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
3. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
4. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
5. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
6. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
7. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
8. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
9. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
10. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)