|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Does not complain.
(b) Kills birds.
(c) Tracks the elephant.
(d) Keeps up with the men.
2. What does Catherine want to include in the manuscript?
3. How does David describe his father's personal life?
4. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
(a) Make love.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Walk along the shore.
(d) Head to the bar.
5. What does Catherine call the elephant story when it is finished?
(a) A worthless anecdote.
(b) A piece of crap.
(c) A morbid nothingness.
(d) A void of intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
2. When does David wake up in the last chapter?
3. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
4. How does David feel about his African story?
5. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say to David about his clippings when they are on the beach, and what has she done with them?
2. What is the subject of David's second short story?
3. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
4. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
5. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
6. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
7. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
8. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
9. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
10. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)