|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In his chest.
(b) In the rump.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
2. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(d) Third Wheel.
3. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Frames them.
(c) Swallows them.
(d) Burns them.
4. What is David doing when Catherine and Marita return in Chapter 17?
(a) Taking a shower.
5. How does David describe his father's personal life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine call the elephant story when it is finished?
2. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
3. What does Catherine do to David's African stories?
4. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
5. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
2. What is different when David wakes up in the last chapter?
3. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
5. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
6. What happens when Davy, his father, and Juma finally catch sight of the elephant?
7. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
8. What is the subject of David's second short story?
9. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
10. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)