|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
2. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) His room.
(b) Marita's room.
(c) Catherine's room.
(d) The workroom.
4. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) Her mistress.
(b) David's whore.
(c) The girl.
(d) The other wife.
5. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Keeps up with the men.
(b) Does not complain.
(c) Tracks the elephant.
(d) Kills birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
2. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
3. What feeling does David want included in the elephant story?
4. What does David write on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
5. About what does David dream after finishing his short story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different when David wakes up in the last chapter?
2. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
3. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
4. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
5. What happens when Davy, his father, and Juma finally catch sight of the elephant?
6. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
7. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
8. What is the subject of David's second short story?
9. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
10. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)