|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By bike.
2. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
3. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
(a) A poacher.
(b) Davy's father.
(d) Davy's uncle.
4. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Leave Catherine.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Dive next to her.
5. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
(b) An abomination.
(c) A joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
2. How does David view his life in Chapter 17?
3. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
4. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
5. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
2. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
3. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
4. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
5. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
6. What does Catherine say to David about his clippings when they are on the beach, and what has she done with them?
7. What does Catherine say about the long manuscript in Chapter 23?
8. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
9. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
10. What does Catherine do when she comes into the house in Chapter 20?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)