|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was David's dog's name?
2. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(a) Rips it in half.
(c) Throws it at David.
(d) Burns it.
3. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) He can rewrite the stories.
(b) She will never leave him.
(c) She will help him transcribe the work.
(d) Catherine will come back.
4. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
5. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
(a) A hotel suite.
(b) The writing room.
(c) The cafy.
(d) The cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
2. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
3. What is the name of the father figure in the African stories?
4. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
5. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say that makes David uncomfortable in Chapter 17?
2. What is different when David wakes up in the last chapter?
3. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
4. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
5. What does Catherine say about the long manuscript in Chapter 23?
6. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
7. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
8. What does Catherine do when she comes into the house in Chapter 20?
9. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
10. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)