|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does David stop writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) At dusk.
(b) When the sun comes up.
(c) At midnight.
(d) At noon.
2. Where does David first meet Marita?
3. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) She will never leave him.
(b) Catherine will come back.
(c) He can rewrite the stories.
(d) She will help him transcribe the work.
4. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In his chest.
(b) In the rump.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the stomach.
5. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her again.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Make love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
2. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
3. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
4. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
5. About what does David dream after finishing his short story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
2. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
3. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
4. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
5. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
6. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
7. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
8. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
9. What is the subject of David's second short story?
10. What does Catherine say about marriage after her trip to Nice with Marita?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)