|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
(c) An abomination.
(d) A joke.
2. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
3. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Keep him from killing Catherine.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Avoid Catherine.
(d) Help him rewrite the stories.
4. What was the subject of David's first book?
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Spanish American War.
5. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
2. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
3. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
4. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
5. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Davy, his father, and Juma finally catch sight of the elephant?
2. What is the subject of David's second short story?
3. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
4. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
5. What does Catherine say about the long manuscript in Chapter 23?
6. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
7. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
8. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
9. What does Catherine do when she comes into the house in Chapter 20?
10. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)