|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
2. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
3. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
4. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) He can rewrite the stories.
(b) She will help him transcribe the work.
(c) She will never leave him.
(d) Catherine will come back.
5. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
(b) His writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
2. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
3. Where is Marita when David finds her in Chapter 16?
4. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
5. What does Catherine want to include in the manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say that makes David uncomfortable in Chapter 17?
2. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
3. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
5. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
6. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
7. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
8. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
9. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
10. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)