|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Avoid Catherine.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Keep him from killing Catherine.
(d) Help him rewrite the stories.
2. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
3. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She edits them.
(b) She inspires them.
(c) She pays all the bills.
(d) She asks his permission to have them.
4. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
5. What does Catherine call David after insulting his grammar?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
2. What was the subject of David's first book?
3. What is the subject of David's short stories?
4. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
5. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)