|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine say she will find an artist for the long narrative?
2. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the rump.
(c) In his chest.
(d) In the stomach.
3. Where is Marita when David finds her in Chapter 16?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The beach.
(d) His bed.
4. When does David stop writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) At midnight.
(b) When the sun comes up.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At noon.
5. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
(a) Make love to her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Marry her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
2. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
3. How does Marita describe the short story when she first reads it?
4. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
5. What does Catherine say she wants to study when she returns from Cannes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different when David wakes up in the last chapter?
2. What does Catherine say that makes David uncomfortable in Chapter 17?
3. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
4. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
5. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
6. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
7. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
8. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
9. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
10. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)