|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
(a) If she can love a man.
(b) If David is worth the trouble.
(c) If she will be a good wife.
(d) If she should follow Catherine.
2. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
3. What is the subject of David's short stories?
(b) His dreams.
(c) His relationship with Catherine.
(d) His father's childhood.
4. What word does Davy use to describe the dying elephant?
5. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had not come on the hunt.
(b) He had never seen the elephant.
(c) He had been stronger.
(d) He had brought his dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juma call elephant mates?
2. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
3. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
4. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
5. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say about the long manuscript in Chapter 23?
2. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
3. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
4. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
5. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
6. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
7. What does Catherine do when she comes into the house in Chapter 20?
8. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
9. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
10. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)