|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
2. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She has a tumor.
(c) She is drinking too much.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. When does David stop writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) At dusk.
(b) At noon.
(c) At midnight.
(d) When the sun comes up.
4. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
5. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Tracks the elephant.
(b) Does not complain.
(c) Kills birds.
(d) Keeps up with the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was David's dog's name?
2. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
3. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
4. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
5. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
2. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
3. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
5. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
6. What is different when David wakes up in the last chapter?
7. What is the subject of David's second short story?
8. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
9. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
10. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)