|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Juma not let Davy do?
(a) Go to the tavern.
(b) Carry a rifle.
(c) Shoot a gun.
(d) Drink beer.
2. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In his chest.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the rump.
3. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is drinking too much.
(c) She has a tumor.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Dive next to her.
(b) Leave Catherine.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Marry her.
5. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
(a) Davy's uncle.
(b) A poacher.
(d) Davy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does David know more the second time he writes his short stories?
2. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
3. How does David view his life in Chapter 17?
4. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
5. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)