|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Goes for a drive.
(d) Makes love.
2. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
3. Who tells David that Catherine has left for Paris?
(a) The butler.
(c) A note.
4. What word does Davy use to describe the dying elephant?
5. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
(a) Davy's father.
(b) A poacher.
(c) Davy's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
2. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
3. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
4. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
5. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
2. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
3. What does Catherine say about marriage after her trip to Nice with Marita?
4. What is the subject of David's second short story?
5. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
6. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
7. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
8. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
9. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
10. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)