|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) Marita's room.
(b) The workroom.
(c) Catherine's room.
(d) His room.
2. How does Marita describe the short story when she first reads it?
(a) Lovely and enchanting.
(b) Terrible and wonderful.
(c) Terifying and Exhilarating.
(d) Haunting and sweet.
3. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
4. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
5. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
2. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
3. Who tells David that Catherine has left for Paris?
4. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
5. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
2. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
3. What does Catherine say about marriage after her trip to Nice with Marita?
4. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
5. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
6. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
7. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
8. What happens when Davy, his father, and Juma finally catch sight of the elephant?
9. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
10. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)