|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
(a) She approves.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is disgusted.
(d) She is oblivious.
2. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
(a) Catherine's room.
(b) His workroom.
(c) The bar.
(d) The restroom.
3. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
(a) A poacher.
(c) Davy's uncle.
(d) Davy's father.
4. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) Her mistress.
(b) David's whore.
(c) The girl.
(d) The other wife.
5. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
2. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
3. What does Catherine say she wants to study when she returns from Cannes?
4. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
5. About what does David know more the second time he writes his short stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
2. What does Catherine do when she comes into the house in Chapter 20?
3. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
4. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
5. What do David and Marita do while alone in their cove after he finishes his first short story?
6. What does David do when he gets back from the beach with the girls after finishing the elephant story?
7. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
8. What is the subject of David's second short story?
9. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
10. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)