|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
(b) Elephant tusks.
(c) Oil reserves.
(d) Water tanks.
2. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She asks his permission to have them.
(b) She pays all the bills.
(c) She edits them.
(d) She inspires them.
3. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
4. When does David wake up in the last chapter?
(b) Before dawn.
5. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
(d) His writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
2. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
3. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
4. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
5. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine say about marriage after her trip to Nice with Marita?
2. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
3. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
4. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
5. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
6. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
7. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
8. What does Marita say she wants David to do every day after Catherine has gone for good?
9. What does Madame tell David after his short stories have been destroyed?
10. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)