|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
2. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(a) As many as he wanted.
3. With what does Catherine compare burning David's stories?
(a) Hurting his soul.
(b) Killing a child.
(c) Taking his pride.
(d) Committing suicide.
4. Where does David first meet Marita?
5. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
(a) Catherine's bed.
(b) The writing room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
2. What was David's dog's name?
3. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
4. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
5. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David do after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
2. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
3. What does David think about while Madame makes him a meal while he is alone in the house?
4. What does Davy think as the elephant dies?
5. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
6. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
7. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
8. What makes it easier for David to write the African stories the second time?
9. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
10. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)