|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine say she wants to study when she returns from Cannes?
2. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
3. Where does Catherine say she will find an artist for the long narrative?
4. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
5. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
2. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
3. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
4. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
5. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do David and Marita talk about after David writes about the skeleton of the female elephant?
2. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
3. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
4. How does Davy feel when he is shown the skeleton of the female elephant?
5. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
6. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are swimming alone in the cove after David's first short story has been completed?
7. What does Catherine say when David and Marita come home from celebrating the completion of the elephant story?
8. What happens when Davy, his father, and Juma finally catch sight of the elephant?
9. Why does Catherine say she owns the African short stories?
10. What does Catherine do when she reads the David's first short story?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)