|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had never seen the elephant.
(b) He had not come on the hunt.
(c) He had brought his dog.
(d) He had been stronger.
2. What does Catherine say she wants to study when she returns from Cannes?
3. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
4. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is oblivious.
(d) She approves.
5. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
(a) The cove.
(b) A hotel suite.
(c) The cafy.
(d) The writing room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
2. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
3. How does Marita describe the short story when she first reads it?
4. What is the subject of David's short stories?
5. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does David meet Catherine and Marita in Chapter 23, and how do they look when he gets there?
2. What is the subject of David's second short story?
3. What does David want to talk to his father about, and why?
4. What does David do at the beginning of Chapter 29?
5. What does Marita try to do for David after Catherine has destroyed his short stories?
6. What does Catherine say about marriage after her trip to Nice with Marita?
7. What does Catherine say that makes David uncomfortable in Chapter 17?
8. What happens to David as he writes his short story about Africa?
9. What does Davy do on the hunt that makes his father proud of him?
10. What does Catherine ask David to do after he writes the part about Davy on the hunt, and what is his response?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)