|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do David and Catherine drink with their lunch while traveling in Spain?
2. What time of day does David begin his writing?
3. How does David feel about his haircut the day after he gets it?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He is not sure how he feel about it.
(d) He is confused by it.
4. What has Catherine done the day before to the beautiful girl from the cafy?
(a) Cut her hair.
(b) Made love to her.
(c) Taken her away from her lover.
(d) Paid her to join her and David.
5. How many absinthe drinks has David had when Catherine joins him at the cafy in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does David meet at the cafy in Chapter 7?
2. What does David read while Catherine is learning Spanish?
3. Where does Catherine suggest she and David travel after they have been on their honeymoon for a few weeks?
4. Why does Catherine suggest traveling to a certain place after they have been on their honeymoon for a few weeks?
5. What does David do that makes the beautiful girl from the cafy blush?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Catherine's actions does David find emasculating?
2. What does David begin writing in Chapter 11?
3. What does David do when he wakes up the morning after returning to the girls?
4. What does Catherine say to David when he returns after leaving angry?
5. How does David feel about Catherine's haircut?
6. How did Catherine's parents die?
7. What does Catherine say that surprises both David and the beautiful girl?
8. What does Catherine say she misses in Chapter 6?
9. What does David lie awake thinking about at night, and why?
10. What does Catherine force David to do when they stay in France again?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)