|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David say they cannot travel to the place Catherine suggests after they have been on their honeymoon for a few weeks?
(a) They do not have enough money.
(b) He promised to never go there again.
(c) It is the wrong season.
(d) He has an appointment in the city.
2. Where is Catherine's hair dresser located?
3. What time of day does David begin his writing?
4. David worries that Catherine is getting too much of what while swimming?
5. Which of the following does David NOT drink while Catherine is away on drives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine suggest traveling to a certain place after they have been on their honeymoon for a few weeks?
2. What does Catherine call Marita the day after David returns?
3. What does Catherine decide to do while staying in one country on their honeymoon?
4. Where do David and Catherine have breakfast while on their honeymoon?
5. What does the girl do while the young man goes fishing at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do David, Catherine, and Marita do when Catherine and Marita return from Nice?
2. What about Catherine's actions does David find emasculating?
3. How did Catherine's parents die?
4. What happens while David and Catherine are swimming at the cove?
5. What does David see out the window in Chapter 12, and what is he doing?
6. What does David tell Marita about the door in her room, and why?
7. What does Catherine do while on her trip alone to Biarritz?
8. What does Catherine say to David when he returns after leaving angry?
9. What does Catherine say that surprises both David and the beautiful girl?
10. About what does David feel guilty when Catherine and Marita are in Nice?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)