|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do David and Catherine have breakfast while on their honeymoon?
(a) In their hotel.
(b) At the cafy.
(c) At a fancy restaurant.
(d) On the beach.
2. How does Catherine describe her love making with the girl?
3. For what does Catherine criticize David when she returns from the day trip with Marita?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His hair.
(c) His choice of adjectives.
(d) His book.
4. How does Catherine say she is feeling while she is trying to learn Spanish?
5. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beautiful girl's name?
2. Where does David say he has been planning the first short story he writes in the book?
3. At the beginning of the book, for how long does David agree to travel before writing again?
4. What has become meaningless to David since his marriage to Catherine?
5. How does Catherine think their role playing in bed has affected their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David begin writing in Chapter 11?
2. How does David feel about Catherine's haircut?
3. What do David and Catherine do when they return to their guesthouse after their haircuts?
4. What does David do while Catherine goes on her drives alone in France?
5. Why does Catherine go up to her room alone after David talks about the effects of absinthe?
6. What does David tell Marita about the door in her room, and why?
7. What does David say about the absinthe, and to what is he referring?
8. About what does David feel guilty when Catherine and Marita are in Nice?
9. What happens when David and Catherine drink absinthe?
10. What does Catherine do while on her trip alone to Biarritz?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)