|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person does the young man in Chapter 1 say he is?
(a) The dramatic type.
(b) The inventive type.
(c) The destuctive type.
(d) The romantic type.
2. What is the second country to which David turns down a trip on his honeymoon?
3. About what does David compliment Catherine in Chapter 9?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her new slacks.
(c) Her haircut.
(d) Her tan.
4. Where does David go with Catherine a few days before Chapter 12?
5. Where do David and Catherine spend the morning after they travel to Spain?
(a) The Prado.
(b) The Pranto.
(c) The Promenade.
(d) The Pancierge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do while the young man goes fishing at the beginning of the book?
2. How long does David sleep the night he returns to Catherine and Marita?
3. How does David feel about the role-playing games he plays with Catherine?
4. How many novels has David written at the beginning of the book?
5. What does David refuse to give up for the beautiful girl from the cafy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine's parents die?
2. What does Catherine force David to do when they stay in France again?
3. Why does Catherine go up to her room alone after David talks about the effects of absinthe?
4. What does Catherine say that surprises both David and the beautiful girl?
5. What does the beautiful girl in the cafy say to Catherine when they first meet?
6. How does David catch his sea bass?
7. How does David feel about Catherine's haircut?
8. What does David tell Marita about the door in her room, and why?
9. What does Catherine say when she meets up with David and his friend at the cafy in Chapter 7?
10. What does David lie awake thinking about at night, and why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)