|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does David NOT drink while Catherine is away on drives?
2. What are the girls doing when David finishes writing the day after he returns?
(a) Making breakfast.
(b) Reading poetry.
(d) Playing chess.
3. How does Catherine say she is feeling while she is trying to learn Spanish?
4. What are the two lovers in the cafy doing when David and Catherine see them?
5. Where do David and Catherine travel after leaving France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the beautiful girl's name?
2. What does David decide to start doing in Chapter 4?
3. What time of day does David begin his writing?
4. What does Catherine call Marita the day after David returns?
5. What is the name of the cafy the couple uses in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catherine's parents die?
2. What does Catherine say when she meets up with David and his friend at the cafy in Chapter 7?
3. What does David do while Catherine goes on her drives alone in France?
4. What does Catherine say to David when he returns after leaving angry?
5. What does Catherine say she misses in Chapter 6?
6. How does David feel about Catherine and the beautiful girl in Chapter 12, and what does he do about it?
7. What does Catherine tell David she wants to be when she gets bored, and how does David respond to this?
8. How does David catch his sea bass?
9. What does David tell Marita about the door in her room, and why?
10. What does David do when he and Catherine get to Spain, and how does he feel about it?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)