|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Drinks some absinthe.
(b) Reads the new story.
(c) Searches Marita's room.
(d) Sees a doctor.
2. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
3. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By bike.
(d) By boat.
4. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
5. What does Juma call elephant mates?
6. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
7. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(c) Third Wheel.
8. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(a) Burns it.
(c) Rips it in half.
(d) Throws it at David.
9. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is insane.
(c) She has a tumor.
(d) She is drinking too much.
10. What was David's dog's name?
11. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had brought his dog.
(b) He had never seen the elephant.
(c) He had not come on the hunt.
(d) He had been stronger.
12. About what does David dream after finishing his short story?
(a) Drinking absinthe.
(c) Marrying Marita.
(d) Catherine's dying.
13. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
14. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
(a) She is not surprised.
(b) She approves.
(c) She is oblivious.
(d) She is disgusted.
15. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) She will never leave him.
(b) Catherine will come back.
(c) She will help him transcribe the work.
(d) He can rewrite the stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David doing when Catherine and Marita return in Chapter 17?
2. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
3. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
4. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
5. Where does Catherine say she will find an artist for the long narrative?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)