|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Davy when he tracks the elephant?
2. What is the name of the father figure in the African stories?
3. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
4. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
(a) If David is worth the trouble.
(b) If she can love a man.
(c) If she will be a good wife.
(d) If she should follow Catherine.
5. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
(a) She enters through Marita's room.
(b) She finds a spare.
(c) She findsa them in his shorts.
(d) She hires a locksmith.
6. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 4 days.
7. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In the head.
(b) In his chest.
(c) In the rump.
(d) In the stomach.
8. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Makes love.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Goes for a drive.
9. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
(a) Get some coffee.
(b) Visit the library.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Read the newspaper.
10. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
(a) He will never hunt again.
(b) He will never tell anyone anything again.
(c) He will never be greedy about money.
(d) He will never eat a living thing.
11. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
(b) His publisher.
12. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) David's whore.
(b) Her mistress.
(c) The other wife.
(d) The girl.
13. Who kills the bull elephant?
(a) Davy's father.
14. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(b) The image of an elephant.
15. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
(a) Harsh rocks.
(b) Cooled lava.
(c) Grassy plain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
2. About what does David know more the second time he writes his short stories?
3. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
4. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
5. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)