|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
2. Where does David first meet Marita?
3. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) To take her part out of the book.
(b) Not to finish the book.
(c) To leave her.
(d) To burn the book.
4. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
5. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
6. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 4 hours.
7. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Avoid Catherine.
(b) Help him rewrite the stories.
(c) Make love to him.
(d) Keep him from killing Catherine.
8. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
9. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
(a) Catherine's bed.
(b) The writing room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The cove.
10. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) His publisher.
11. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
(a) She enters through Marita's room.
(b) She findsa them in his shorts.
(c) She finds a spare.
(d) She hires a locksmith.
12. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had been stronger.
(b) He had not come on the hunt.
(c) He had never seen the elephant.
(d) He had brought his dog.
13. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
14. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Frames them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Swallows them.
15. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Leave Catherine.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Dive next to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
2. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
3. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
4. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
5. What is the name of the father figure in the African stories?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)