|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is worth a fortune to the boy and his father in Africa?
(a) Elephant tusks.
(b) Water tanks.
(c) Oil reserves.
2. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
3. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
(a) Catherine's room.
(b) The bar.
(c) His workroom.
(d) The restroom.
4. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
5. What does David do after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes for a drive.
(c) Heads to the beach.
6. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
7. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) David's whore.
(b) The other wife.
(c) The girl.
(d) Her mistress.
8. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
(a) Flirting with Nina.
(b) Drinking absinthe.
(d) Reading his book.
9. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
10. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
(a) He is escaping Catherine.
(b) He is in control.
(c) He is revisiting his father.
(d) He is expressing deep thoughts.
11. What does Catherine want to include in the manuscript?
12. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
13. What was David's dog's name?
14. Where does David first meet Marita?
15. What does David write on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Scripture passages.
(b) Lists of words.
(d) Simple sentences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
2. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
3. What will Juma not let Davy do?
4. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
5. How does Marita describe the short story when she first reads it?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)