|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
(c) His writing.
2. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
(a) He is escaping Catherine.
(b) He is revisiting his father.
(c) He is expressing deep thoughts.
(d) He is in control.
3. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
(c) He needs to be prompted by Martia.
4. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(a) Third Wheel.
5. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is drinking too much.
(c) She has a tumor.
(d) She is pregnant.
6. How does David view his writing in Chapter 17?
(a) A refuge.
7. Where does Catherine say she will find an artist for the long narrative?
8. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
(a) The writing room.
(b) A hotel suite.
(c) The cafy.
(d) The cove.
9. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The Bournes.
(b) The couple.
(c) The one.
(d) The ever afters.
10. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) Get some coffee.
11. What feeling does David want included in the elephant story?
12. Where does David first meet Marita?
13. With what does Catherine compare burning David's stories?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Killing a child.
(c) Hurting his soul.
(d) Taking his pride.
14. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the rump.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In his chest.
15. How does David describe his father's personal life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
2. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
3. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
4. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
5. Where is Marita when David finds her in Chapter 16?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)