|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juma call elephant mates?
2. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
3. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) To leave her.
(b) To burn the book.
(c) Not to finish the book.
(d) To take her part out of the book.
4. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The couple.
(b) The ever afters.
(c) The one.
(d) The Bournes.
5. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Frames them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Swallows them.
6. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) He can rewrite the stories.
(b) She will never leave him.
(c) She will help him transcribe the work.
(d) Catherine will come back.
7. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(b) The image of an elephant.
8. What was the subject of David's first book?
(b) The Spanish American War.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
9. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(d) As many as he wanted.
10. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
(a) He will never tell anyone anything again.
(b) He will never eat a living thing.
(c) He will never be greedy about money.
(d) He will never hunt again.
11. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
(a) The writing room.
(b) The cafy.
(c) The cove.
(d) A hotel suite.
12. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
(a) He is expressing deep thoughts.
(b) He is escaping Catherine.
(c) He is in control.
(d) He is revisiting his father.
13. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
14. How does Marita describe the short story when she first reads it?
(a) Lovely and enchanting.
(b) Terrible and wonderful.
(c) Terifying and Exhilarating.
(d) Haunting and sweet.
15. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Marry her again.
(d) Divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
2. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
3. About what does David dream after finishing his short story?
4. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
5. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)