|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
(a) Harsh rocks.
(b) Grassy plain.
(d) Cooled lava.
2. What does David do after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(a) Goes to a bar.
(b) Goes for a drive.
(d) Heads to the beach.
3. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
(a) The giraffe description.
(b) The first one.
(c) The elephant story.
(d) The Rifle story.
4. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Kills birds.
(b) Keeps up with the men.
(c) Does not complain.
(d) Tracks the elephant.
5. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is insane.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is drinking too much.
(d) She has a tumor.
6. When does David wake up in the last chapter?
(c) Before dawn.
7. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had never seen the elephant.
(b) He had been stronger.
(c) He had not come on the hunt.
(d) He had brought his dog.
8. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
(b) Drinking absinthe.
(c) Flirting with Nina.
(d) Reading his book.
9. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
10. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
(a) She will help him transcribe the work.
(b) He can rewrite the stories.
(c) She will never leave him.
(d) Catherine will come back.
11. What is the name of the father figure in the African stories?
12. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She inspires them.
(b) She edits them.
(c) She asks his permission to have them.
(d) She pays all the bills.
13. What does David do with everything he has written on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Shreds it.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Crosses it out.
(d) Burns it.
14. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) To burn the book.
(b) To take her part out of the book.
(c) Not to finish the book.
(d) To leave her.
15. Who tells David that Catherine has left for Paris?
(b) A note.
(c) The butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Catherine compare burning David's stories?
2. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
3. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
4. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
5. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)