|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine call David after insulting his grammar?
2. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is insane.
(c) She is drinking too much.
(d) She has a tumor.
3. What was David's dog's name?
4. When does David stop writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) At noon.
(b) At dusk.
(c) When the sun comes up.
(d) At midnight.
5. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Swallows them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Frames them.
6. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
7. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
(a) The bar.
(b) His workroom.
(c) The restroom.
(d) Catherine's room.
8. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Help him rewrite the stories.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Avoid Catherine.
(d) Keep him from killing Catherine.
9. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
10. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(a) Third Wheel.
11. How does David feel when he finishes the elephant story?
(a) Happy and relieved.
(b) Confused and disoriented.
(c) Empty and Proud.
(d) Fulfilled and exhausted.
12. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
(a) She enters through Marita's room.
(b) She findsa them in his shorts.
(c) She finds a spare.
(d) She hires a locksmith.
13. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Makes love.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Goes for a drive.
14. What was the subject of David's first book?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Spanish American War.
15. How old is Davy when he tracks the elephant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
2. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
3. What does David write on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
4. On what kind of terrain is the bull elephant found?
5. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)