|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Drinks some absinthe.
(b) Sees a doctor.
(c) Searches Marita's room.
(d) Reads the new story.
2. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
(b) His writing.
3. What is David doing when Catherine and Marita return in Chapter 17?
(a) Taking a shower.
4. How does Catherine travel to Paris?
(a) By bus.
(b) By boat.
(c) By train.
(d) By bike.
5. What does Catherine call David after insulting his grammar?
6. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
7. How old is Davy when he tracks the elephant?
8. What does Catherine call the elephant story when it is finished?
(a) A void of intellect.
(b) A worthless anecdote.
(c) A piece of crap.
(d) A morbid nothingness.
9. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) The girl.
(b) The other wife.
(c) David's whore.
(d) Her mistress.
10. What does David love most about writing his African stories?
(a) He is in control.
(b) He is expressing deep thoughts.
(c) He is revisiting his father.
(d) He is escaping Catherine.
11. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
12. What does David do after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(b) Goes to a bar.
(c) Goes for a drive.
(d) Heads to the beach.
13. Where is Marita when David finds her in Chapter 16?
(a) His bed.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The beach.
(d) The garden.
14. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She pays all the bills.
(b) She edits them.
(c) She inspires them.
(d) She asks his permission to have them.
15. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
(a) The giraffe description.
(b) The first one.
(c) The Rifle story.
(d) The elephant story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of David's first book?
2. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
3. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
4. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
5. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)