|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
(a) Visit the library.
(b) Get some coffee.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Go for a walk.
2. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(b) Third Wheel.
3. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
4. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The one.
(b) The ever afters.
(c) The Bournes.
(d) The couple.
5. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
6. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it at David.
(d) Rips it in half.
7. How does David feel about his African story?
(a) It is his only refuge.
(b) It is a burden he must loose.
(c) It is strangely symbolic.
(d) It is more real than reality.
8. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
9. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Leave Catherine.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Dive next to her.
10. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Makes love.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Goes for a drive.
11. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Frames them.
(b) Swallows them.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Throws them away.
12. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
(a) She is disgusted.
(b) She is oblivious.
(c) She approves.
(d) She is not surprised.
13. About what does David know more the second time he writes his short stories?
(b) His father.
14. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
15. Who tells David that Catherine has left for Paris?
(c) The butler.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take David to finish his short story?
2. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
3. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
4. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
5. Where does Davy's father first shoot the elephant?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)