|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine call the elephant story when it is finished?
(a) A worthless anecdote.
(b) A morbid nothingness.
(c) A piece of crap.
(d) A void of intellect.
2. What does Catherine say she wants to study when she returns from Cannes?
3. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
4. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
(a) The giraffe description.
(b) The elephant story.
(c) The Rifle story.
(d) The first one.
5. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Does not complain.
(b) Kills birds.
(c) Tracks the elephant.
(d) Keeps up with the men.
6. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She is frightened by it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She hates it.
7. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) Marita's room.
(b) His room.
(c) Catherine's room.
(d) The workroom.
8. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
9. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
(a) Drinks some whiskey.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Takes a nap.
10. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
11. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(d) Third Wheel.
12. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(d) The image of an elephant.
13. What does David do with everything he has written on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Shreds it.
(d) Crosses it out.
14. Where does David first meet Marita?
15. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She inspires them.
(b) She asks his permission to have them.
(c) She edits them.
(d) She pays all the bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
2. What is David doing when Catherine and Marita return in Chapter 17?
3. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
4. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
5. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)