|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
(a) He will never eat a living thing.
(b) He will never hunt again.
(c) He will never be greedy about money.
(d) He will never tell anyone anything again.
2. Who is with David after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(b) The image of an elephant.
3. Who kills the bull elephant?
(b) Davy's father.
4. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
5. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
(a) She inspires them.
(b) She edits them.
(c) She asks his permission to have them.
(d) She pays all the bills.
6. How old is Davy when he tracks the elephant?
7. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
8. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
(a) Her mistress.
(b) David's whore.
(c) The other wife.
(d) The girl.
9. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
10. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
(a) He needs to be prompted by Martia.
11. What does Catherine do to David's African stories?
(a) Frames them.
(b) Edits them.
(c) Types them.
(d) Burns them.
12. Where do David and Marita make love for the first time?
(a) The garden.
(b) Catherine's bed.
(c) The cove.
(d) The writing room.
13. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
(a) Go for a walk.
(b) Get some coffee.
(c) Visit the library.
(d) Read the newspaper.
14. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The one.
(b) The Bournes.
(c) The ever afters.
(d) The couple.
15. Where does David want Catherine to see a doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
2. What is the subject of David's short stories?
3. How does David describe his father's personal life?
4. How does David view his life in Chapter 17?
5. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)