|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Marry her again.
(d) Divorce her.
2. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had never seen the elephant.
(b) He had not come on the hunt.
(c) He had brought his dog.
(d) He had been stronger.
3. How does David feel when he finishes the elephant story?
(a) Empty and Proud.
(b) Happy and relieved.
(c) Confused and disoriented.
(d) Fulfilled and exhausted.
4. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Drinks some absinthe.
(b) Searches Marita's room.
(c) Sees a doctor.
(d) Reads the new story.
5. How does Madame feel about David's love triangle?
(a) She approves.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is oblivious.
6. What is the subject of David's short stories?
(a) His relationship with Catherine.
(b) His dreams.
(d) His father's childhood.
7. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
(b) A joke.
(c) An abomination.
8. How does David feel when he sees what Catherine has done to his African stories?
9. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(c) Third Wheel.
10. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
(a) He will never eat a living thing.
(b) He will never tell anyone anything again.
(c) He will never be greedy about money.
(d) He will never hunt again.
11. Where does David first meet Marita?
12. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) His room.
(b) Catherine's room.
(c) Marita's room.
(d) The workroom.
13. What does Catherine drink when she returns from Cannes?
14. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
15. How does David view his writing in Chapter 17?
(c) A refuge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
2. Who kills the bull elephant?
3. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
4. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
5. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)