|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
2. What does Catherine call David after insulting his grammar?
3. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The Bournes.
(b) The couple.
(c) The one.
(d) The ever afters.
4. What is David doing when Catherine and Marita return in Chapter 17?
(a) Taking a shower.
5. What does Juma call elephant mates?
6. What is the subject of David's short stories?
(a) His father's childhood.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His relationship with Catherine.
7. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
(a) The elephant story.
(b) The Rifle story.
(c) The giraffe description.
(d) The first one.
8. What does David think is wrong with Catherine?
(a) She is drinking too much.
(b) She is insane.
(c) She has a tumor.
(d) She is pregnant.
9. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
(a) He will never hunt again.
(b) He will never be greedy about money.
(c) He will never eat a living thing.
(d) He will never tell anyone anything again.
10. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
11. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
12. What will Juma not let Davy do?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Shoot a gun.
(c) Carry a rifle.
(d) Go to the tavern.
13. What does David do with everything he has written on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Shreds it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Crosses it out.
(d) Eats it.
14. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is frightened by it.
15. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
(a) A poacher.
(b) Davy's uncle.
(d) Davy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
2. How does David view his life in Chapter 17?
3. How does Catherine get keys to David's workroom?
4. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
5. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)