|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it at David.
(c) Rips it in half.
2. When does David stop writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) When the sun comes up.
(b) At noon.
(c) At dusk.
(d) At midnight.
3. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
4. What does David do with everything he has written on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Eats it.
(c) Crosses it out.
(d) Shreds it.
5. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) To leave her.
(b) To burn the book.
(c) To take her part out of the book.
(d) Not to finish the book.
6. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Avoid Catherine.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Help him rewrite the stories.
(d) Keep him from killing Catherine.
7. What does Catherine do to David's African stories?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Edits them.
(c) Types them.
(d) Frames them.
8. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
(a) Reading his book.
(b) Flirting with Nina.
(d) Drinking absinthe.
9. What does David say he wants to do after seeing what Catherine has done to his African stories?
(a) Marry her again.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Make love to her.
10. How does David feel when he finishes the elephant story?
(a) Fulfilled and exhausted.
(b) Happy and relieved.
(c) Empty and Proud.
(d) Confused and disoriented.
11. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Kills birds.
(b) Tracks the elephant.
(c) Does not complain.
(d) Keeps up with the men.
12. What does Catherine call David after insulting his grammar?
13. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
14. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Searches Marita's room.
(b) Sees a doctor.
(c) Reads the new story.
(d) Drinks some absinthe.
15. How many wives could David have if he lived in Africa?
(c) As many as he wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine call Marita when they return from celebrating about the elephant story?
2. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
3. How does David feel about his African story?
4. Where do David and Marita go when they are alone?
5. What does Davy decide when they reach the female elephant corpse?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)