|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
2. How does Catherine say she feels in Chapter 19?
3. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(b) Rips it in half.
(c) Throws it at David.
(d) Burns it.
4. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(b) Third Wheel.
5. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Reads the new story.
(b) Drinks some absinthe.
(c) Searches Marita's room.
(d) Sees a doctor.
6. With what does Catherine compare burning David's stories?
(a) Killing a child.
(b) Committing suicide.
(c) Taking his pride.
(d) Hurting his soul.
7. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
(b) He needs to be prompted by Martia.
8. Where does David go the minute he gets back from the beach with Catherine and Marita?
(a) The bar.
(b) His workroom.
(c) The restroom.
(d) Catherine's room.
9. What does David drink with his breakfast after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
10. Who convinces David to dismiss his threat after confronting Catherine about showing Marita the manuscript?
(b) His publisher.
11. What does Davy do to make his father proud on the hunt?
(a) Does not complain.
(b) Tracks the elephant.
(c) Kills birds.
(d) Keeps up with the men.
12. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
(a) She is confused by it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She is frightened by it.
13. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
14. How does David view his writing in Chapter 17?
(c) A refuge.
15. Who makes David a meal in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do for the first time in the book in Chapter 27?
2. What word does Davy use to describe the dying elephant?
3. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
4. What does Catherine want to include in the manuscript?
5. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)