|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Davy use to describe the dying elephant?
2. What does Marita ask David to do when they are alone and speaking about Catherine?
(a) Dive next to her.
(b) Make love to her.
(c) Leave Catherine.
(d) Marry her.
3. With what does Catherine compare burning David's stories?
(a) Committing suicide.
(b) Killing a child.
(c) Taking his pride.
(d) Hurting his soul.
4. Where does Catherine say she will find an artist for the long narrative?
5. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Goes for a drive.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Makes love.
(d) Eats dinner.
6. What does David call he and Marita on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) The ever afters.
(b) The couple.
(c) The Bournes.
(d) The one.
7. Which story does David rewrite in the last chapter?
(a) The elephant story.
(b) The giraffe description.
(c) The first one.
(d) The Rifle story.
8. What is the name of the boy in David's short stories?
9. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
10. What does Marita think of the elephant story when she reads it?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She is confused by it.
(c) She is frightened by it.
(d) She hates it.
11. What does David do after Catherine leaves after burning the stories?
(a) Goes for a drive.
(b) Heads to the beach.
(c) Goes to a bar.
12. What does Catherine do while David and Marita are alone and speaking about her?
(a) Drinks some absinthe.
(b) Sees a doctor.
(c) Reads the new story.
(d) Searches Marita's room.
13. What feeling does David want included in the elephant story?
14. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Throws it at David.
(d) Rips it in half.
15. How long has David been writing in Chapter 17?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 6 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Catherine say she owns the African stories?
2. What are Marita and Catherine drinking when David finds them and confronts Catherine about showing Marita his manuscript?
3. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
4. When does David wake up in the last chapter?
5. What does Juma call elephant mates?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)