|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does David say he cares most in Chapter 25?
(b) His writing.
2. How does David's writing flow in the last chapter?
(c) He needs to be prompted by Martia.
3. What does Catherine call the African stories after David confronts her about showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) An abomination.
(d) A joke.
4. What does Catherine do after David eats in Chapter 20?
(b) Drinks some whiskey.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Goes swimming.
5. What does Davy wish on the first night of the tracking?
(a) He had not come on the hunt.
(b) He had been stronger.
(c) He had never seen the elephant.
(d) He had brought his dog.
6. What will Juma not let Davy do?
(a) Drink beer.
(b) Go to the tavern.
(c) Carry a rifle.
(d) Shoot a gun.
7. What is the name of the boy in the story's African guide?
8. What does Catherine call David in Chapter 23?
(b) Third Wheel.
9. What does David threaten when Catherine says she is not sorry for showing Marita the manuscript?
(a) To take her part out of the book.
(b) To burn the book.
(c) Not to finish the book.
(d) To leave her.
10. What is Marita doing when David sees her alone in the bar?
(a) Reading his book.
(b) Flirting with Nina.
(c) Drinking absinthe.
11. What does David ask Marita to do for him in Chapter 27?
(a) Help him rewrite the stories.
(b) Make love to him.
(c) Keep him from killing Catherine.
(d) Avoid Catherine.
12. What does Catherine do to the clippings about David's writing?
(a) Swallows them.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Frames them.
13. In what room is David when he wakes up in the last chapter?
(a) The workroom.
(b) Catherine's room.
(c) Marita's room.
(d) His room.
14. How many bullets had been used to kill the female elephant years ago?
15. What does Catherine do after she reads the short story?
(b) Rips it in half.
(c) Throws it at David.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marita when David finds her in Chapter 16?
2. Who killed the female elephant years before the bull elephant was spotted?
3. About what does Marita wonder in Chapter 28?
4. What does Marita want David to do everyday in town?
5. Where does Catherine say Marita wants to go in Chapter 17?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)