|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Catherine criticize David when she returns from the day trip with Marita?
(a) His choice of adjectives.
(b) His book.
(c) His hair.
(d) His clothing.
2. What does David order at the cafy in Chapter 7?
(c) Ham and eggs.
3. What does Catherine decide to do while staying in one country on their honeymoon?
(a) Cut her hair again.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Get a dark tan.
(d) Write her own book.
4. What has Catherine done the day before to the beautiful girl from the cafy?
(a) Taken her away from her lover.
(b) Made love to her.
(c) Cut her hair.
(d) Paid her to join her and David.
5. Where do David and Catherine spend the morning after they travel to Spain?
(a) The Pranto.
(b) The Pancierge.
(c) The Promenade.
(d) The Prado.
6. How does David feel about the role-playing games he plays with Catherine?
7. What is David drinking when Catherine and Marita return in from their day trip?
(d) Tom Collins.
8. Which of the following does Catherine NOT say is part of being a girl?
(a) Temper tantrums.
(c) False accusations.
9. How does Catherine say she is feeling while she is trying to learn Spanish?
10. What does Catherine do while waiting for David to finish working just after they leave France?
11. What are the girls doing when David finishes writing the day after he returns?
(a) Playing chess.
(b) Reading poetry.
(c) Making breakfast.
12. What is David doing when he realizes he is falling in love with Marita?
(a) Looking at Catherine.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Drinking a martini.
13. What has become meaningless to David since his marriage to Catherine?
(a) The bank balance.
(b) The success of his book.
(c) His fame.
(d) His masculinity.
14. Where do David and Catherine travel after leaving France?
15. What is the beautiful girl's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David do in Chapter 7 before leaving the hotel?
2. What does the girl do while the young man goes fishing at the beginning of the book?
3. How does David feel about his haircut the day after he gets it?
4. What does Catherine say she will do for David when he expresses his feelings about the role-playing?
5. Where does the couple stay when they return to France?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)