|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine decide to do while staying in one country on their honeymoon?
(a) Get a dark tan.
(b) Write her own book.
(c) Cut her hair again.
(d) Buy a house.
2. What does David do in Chapter 7 before leaving the hotel?
(a) Whispers to Catherine as she sleeps.
(b) Drinks some absinthe.
(c) Secretly writes a short story.
(d) Sets an alarm for Catherine.
3. What does David refuse to give up for the beautiful girl from the cafy?
(a) His writing.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His workroom.
(d) His marriage.
4. What are the girls doing when David finishes writing the day after he returns?
(b) Playing chess.
(c) Reading poetry.
(d) Making breakfast.
5. What is David doing when he realizes he is falling in love with Marita?
(a) Looking at Catherine.
(b) Kissing her.
(d) Drinking a martini.
6. What does David read while Catherine is learning Spanish?
(c) His manuscripts.
(d) A new novel.
7. Where is Catherine's hair dresser located?
8. What does Catherine say she will do for David when he expresses his feelings about the role-playing?
(a) Be a girl again.
(b) Find him a lover.
(c) Allow him to write.
(d) Grow out her hair.
9. At the beginning of the book, for how long does David agree to travel before writing again?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 6 months.
10. What has Catherine done the day before to the beautiful girl from the cafy?
(a) Made love to her.
(b) Taken her away from her lover.
(c) Paid her to join her and David.
(d) Cut her hair.
11. What can the couple see from their front window when they return to France?
(a) The Seinne.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The forest.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
12. How is Catherine learning Spanish?
(a) From a personal tutor.
(b) From a tape.
(c) From a book.
(d) From the radio.
13. What type of person does the girl in Chapter 1 say she is?
(a) The romantic type.
(b) The inventive type.
(c) The dramatic type.
(d) The destructive type.
14. What time of day does David begin his writing?
15. What does Catherine do while waiting for David to finish working just after they leave France?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Catherine NOT say is part of being a girl?
2. What is David drinking when Catherine and Marita return in from their day trip?
3. About what does David lie awake thinking at night?
4. Which of the following does David NOT drink while Catherine is away on drives?
5. For what does Catherine criticize David when she returns from the day trip with Marita?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)