|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David say he has been planning the first short story he writes in the book?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His memories.
(c) His drunken spells.
(d) His lonely walks.
2. What does Catherine call Marita the day after David returns?
(a) Wife of the Day.
(b) Girly Wife.
(c) Second Wife.
(d) Passion Incarnate.
3. What does David nickname the beautiful girl?
4. How does David feel the night after Catherine cuts her hair?
5. What is the beautiful girl's name?
6. How does Catherine say she is feeling while she is trying to learn Spanish?
7. What has become meaningless to David since his marriage to Catherine?
(a) The success of his book.
(b) The bank balance.
(c) His masculinity.
(d) His fame.
8. What does David order at the cafy in Chapter 7?
(b) Ham and eggs.
9. Where does Catherine spend her siesta in Chapter 12?
(a) The cove.
(b) David's workroom.
(c) The girl's room.
(d) Her room.
10. Who urges David to kiss the beautiful girl from the cafy?
(a) The butler.
(b) The girl.
11. Why does David say they cannot travel to the place Catherine suggests after they have been on their honeymoon for a few weeks?
(a) It is the wrong season.
(b) He has an appointment in the city.
(c) They do not have enough money.
(d) He promised to never go there again.
12. What does the girl do while the young man goes fishing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Gets her hair done.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
13. What can the couple see from their front window when they return to France?
(a) The Seinne.
(b) The forest.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
14. How long does David sleep the night he returns to Catherine and Marita?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) He does not sleep at all.
15. What do David and Catherine drink with their lunch while traveling in Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is David doing at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What does Catherine say she will do for David when he expresses his feelings about the role-playing?
3. What type of person does the girl in Chapter 1 say she is?
4. In Chapter 10, what is the name of the beautiful girl in the cafy's lover?
5. What does Catherine order when she sees David with his friend in the cafy?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)