|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David order at the cafy in Chapter 7?
(b) Ham and eggs.
2. With whom does David eat caviar while Catherine and Marita are on a day trip?
3. How do David and Catherine get to the place they visit a few days before Chapter 12?
(a) They drive a car.
(b) They ride on a boat.
(c) They ride a train.
(d) They take a plane.
4. About what is David's and Catherine's first argument?
(a) David's newspaper clippings.
(b) Catherine's hair.
(c) Catherine's money.
(d) David's writing.
5. David worries that Catherine is getting too much of what while swimming?
6. Where do David and Catherine spend the morning after they travel to Spain?
(a) The Pranto.
(b) The Promenade.
(c) The Pancierge.
(d) The Prado.
7. Where does David go with Catherine a few days before Chapter 12?
8. Where does David say he has been planning the first short story he writes in the book?
(a) His drunken spells.
(b) His memories.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His lonely walks.
9. How does Catherine say she is feeling while she is trying to learn Spanish?
10. Who does David meet at the cafy in Chapter 7?
(a) Colonel Boyle.
(b) Captain Bryne.
(c) Commander Bryce.
(d) Corporal Byrde.
11. What do David and Catherine drink during their first argument?
(b) Gin and tonic.
12. What does David read while Catherine is learning Spanish?
(a) A new novel.
(b) His manuscripts.
13. How does David think his new haircut makes him look?
14. From whom does David receive mail while on his honeymoon?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His publisher.
(d) His banker.
15. How does David feel about the role-playing games he plays with Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine think David has gone in Chapter 13?
2. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
3. What does David drink while he waits for Catherine and the beautiful girl from the cafy to join him?
4. What has Catherine done the day before to the beautiful girl from the cafy?
5. About what does David compliment Catherine in Chapter 9?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)