|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marita's room located?
(a) By the ocean side doors.
(b) Next to Catherine's room.
(c) Near the washroom.
(d) Next to David's workroom.
2. Who tells David that Catherine has left for Paris?
(c) The butler.
(d) A note.
3. Who helps the young man catch the sea bass at the beginning of the book?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A local boy.
(c) A boat mechanic.
(d) His wife.
4. What does David do with Marita once he stops writing on the first day he tries to write after his stories have been burned?
(a) Goes for a drive.
(b) Makes love.
(c) Goes swimming.
(d) Eats dinner.
5. What does David read while Catherine is learning Spanish?
(b) His manuscripts.
(c) A new novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Davy when he tracks the elephant?
2. What does David say absinthe tastes like to him?
3. What feeling does David want included in the elephant story?
4. What does Marita tell David to comfort him after his stories are burned?
5. What does David suggest they all do when Catherine starts insulting his stories?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)