|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the other girl cousins and their art lessons?
(a) They went to a new teacher further away.
(b) They took two more lessons and quit.
(c) They never returned to the artist's house.
(d) They continued their lessons for one year.
2. What did Carla's father tell her about Gladys?
(a) That she was dishonest.
(b) That she couldn't be a friend.
(c) That she was a liar.
(d) That she couldn't be trusted.
3. Which aunt was divorced?
(a) Tia Rosa.
(b) Tia Maria.
(c) Tia Venice.
(d) Tia Isa.
4. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
5. Before the Garcias went out to dinner with the Fannings, what did the mother tell the girls they were allowed to order as a drink in the restaurant?
(c) Milk or ice water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
2. Where did the Garcias live when they first arrived in New York?
3. What did Papito, the grandfather, do to make the government not like him very much?
4. How did Dona Charito meet her husband?
5. What did the father keep in his hiding place?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)