|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sandi want as a souvenir from the restaurant?
(a) A picture with the dancers.
(b) An outfit like the dancers.
(c) A Barbie doll dressed as a Flaminco dancer.
(d) A fake flower.
2. How did Carla's mother react to her being accosted on the way home from school?
(a) She called her husband.
(b) She sent her back to the island.
(c) She yelled at Carla.
(d) She called the police.
3. Why did Carla's mother not drive her to school?
(a) She wanted Carla to walk for the excercise.
(b) She was too busy to drive her daughter.
(c) She didn't know how to drive.
(d) She prefered the bus.
4. Why was Yolanda seated differently than the other children in her 4th grade class?
(a) The teacher wanted to embarrass her.
(b) The teacher wanted the other kids to like Yolanda.
(c) The teacher grouped Yolanda with the nice kids.
(d) Because she was the only immigrant and the teacher needed to tutor her without disturbing the other students.
5. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
(a) Father returned it to the store in New York.
(b) It got stuck, halfway up, halfway down.
(c) It was given to her sister.
(d) It was taken away and she never saw it again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
2. What did Laura offer the men who were keeping watch at her gate when she arrived home?
3. What happened to Carla's schooling after the incident with the man in the car?
4. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
5. What was the secret phrase that the mother sent to Don Victor to tell him that there was trouble?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)