|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nivea think the girls were lucky?
(a) Because they lived in a beautiful house.
(b) Because their yard was so pretty.
(c) Because they could swim every morning.
(d) Because when their father returned from a trip he always brought them presents.
2. What did the father keep in his hiding place?
(a) Food and water only.
(b) A club.
(c) Water, aspirin, sleeping pills and a small revolver.
(d) A pillow to sleep.
3. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
(a) In the river.
(b) In Belleview.
(c) On the streets.
(d) Back on the island.
4. Which aunt was divorced?
(a) Tia Venice.
(b) Tia Isa.
(c) Tia Maria.
(d) Tia Rosa.
5. What did Mrs. Fanning do after the dancers were almost finished with their floor show?
(a) She jumped up and joined in with the dancing.
(b) She invited the dancers to the table.
(c) She tipped the dancers.
(d) She applauded loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught at the Catholic school that the girls first attended in New York?
2. How did Dona Charito meet her husband?
3. Why were Yolanda's mother and aunts concerned with her playmate?
4. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
5. Where did the grandparents travel to often?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)