|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Yolanda seated in her 4th grade class?
(a) In a special seat in the front row.
(b) In the front facing the class.
(c) Off to the side.
(d) In the back of the class.
2. When the house was dressed up for the Christmas party, what did the poinsettias look like?
(a) Red trees.
(b) White lights.
(c) Glowing lanterns.
(d) Flaming torches.
3. Who is Tia Mimi?
(a) The aunt who rides a motorcycle.
(b) The aunt who brushes her teach constantly.
(c) The aunt married to the American.
(d) The "old-maid" aunt.
4. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
(a) That each flake was different, like a person.
(b) That she would grow to hate it.
(c) That it was nuclear fallout.
(d) That it was cold.
5. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
(a) A naked man working on a large sculpture.
(b) Her father, doing laundry
(c) A man in uniform with a dog.
(d) An old servant doing laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Carla find under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning?
2. What kind of drills did Yolanda have in the 4th grade?
3. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
4. Why were all the de la Torre girls sent to take art lessons?
5. When Carla was accosted on the way home from school, what kind of car was the man driving?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)