|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Yolanda like her 4th grade teacher so much?
(a) She was pretty.
(b) She spoke Spanish.
(c) She said that Yolanda was a pretty name.
(d) She didn't make Yolanda do any work.
2. Why was Yolanda seated differently than the other children in her 4th grade class?
(a) Because she was the only immigrant and the teacher needed to tutor her without disturbing the other students.
(b) The teacher wanted to embarrass her.
(c) The teacher wanted the other kids to like Yolanda.
(d) The teacher grouped Yolanda with the nice kids.
3. What did Victor offer to the secret police to end the trouble with the Garcia's?
(a) He offered the police money.
(b) He agreed to have the Garcias out of the country in 48 hours.
(c) He offered to escort them from their home.
(d) He agreed to defend the Garcias.
4. Who taught at the Catholic school that the girls first attended in New York?
(a) The Sisters of Charity.
(b) Their mother.
(c) One of their aunts.
(d) Public school teachers.
5. What did La Bruja do almost daily to annoy the Garcias?
(a) Accosted the girls' mother and told her to go back to where she came from.
(b) Yelled at the girls as they entered the building.
(c) She sent Alfredo to complain about the noise.
(d) Told their father that the girls were too loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
2. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
3. Why did the bank get rusty?
4. Which aunt was divorced?
5. How did Yolanda almost get her dad killed?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)