|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the secret phrase that the mother sent to Don Victor to tell him that there was trouble?
(a) To come pick up his tennis shoes.
(b) To go play tennis with her husband.
(c) To come to the house to eat.
(d) To go to his office.
2. At the beginning of the chapter Blood of the Conquistadores, who came up the driveway at the Garcia's house?
(a) The dictator.
(b) Four men dressed in suits.
(c) Men with guns.
(d) Two men dressed in khakis.
3. What happened to the other girl cousins and their art lessons?
(a) They took two more lessons and quit.
(b) They went to a new teacher further away.
(c) They never returned to the artist's house.
(d) They continued their lessons for one year.
4. At the restaurant, what did Sandi do to pass the time?
(a) Enjoyed the dancers.
(b) Ate all her food.
(c) Talked with her sisiters.
(d) Flirted with a young waiter.
5. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Carla's schooling after the incident with the man in the car?
2. Why were all the de la Torre girls sent to take art lessons?
3. What did Carla think of the yearly celebration of coming to America?
4. When Carla approached the window of the strange car on her way home from school, what did she discover?
5. Why did the bank get rusty?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)