|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Human Body at the end of the chapter?
(a) The dogs chewed the parts until they couldn't be recognized.
(b) It was put away in a closet and never played with.
(c) Mundin gave it to Yolanda and she played with it all the time.
(d) The grandmother took it away from both children.
2. When Victor arrived at the Garcia's and the secret police were there, what was revealed about the Garcia's immigration papers?
(a) That they had been cleared.
(b) That they were held up.
(c) That there were no papers.
(d) That immigration papers were illegal.
3. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
(a) Back on the island.
(b) In the river.
(c) In Belleview.
(d) On the streets.
4. When Carla approached the window of the strange car on her way home from school, what did she discover?
(a) That she spoke English better than she thought.
(b) That she was able to give directions without faltering.
(c) That she knew the make of the car right away.
(d) That the driver was naked from the waist down.
5. What did Carla's father tell her about Gladys?
(a) That she was a liar.
(b) That she couldn't be trusted.
(c) That she was dishonest.
(d) That she couldn't be a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose property was next to the de la Torre compound?
2. Before the Garcias went out to dinner with the Fannings, what did the mother tell the girls they were allowed to order as a drink in the restaurant?
3. What was the country's slogan in the Dominican Republic?
4. What did Sandi see on Christmas Eve with her family after the art lesson?
5. What did the grandmother supervise religiously?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)