|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the bank get rusty?
(a) The island air made it rust.
(b) It was left out overnight in the rain.
(c) It was played with all the time.
(d) It was buried in the dirt.
2. Where did the Garcias live when they first arrived in New York?
(a) In a small apartment.
(b) In a row house.
(c) In a compound.
(d) On the streets.
3. What did Mrs. Fanning do at dinner that angered her husband?
(a) She drank too much.
(b) She asked too many questions.
(c) She made over the girls too much.
(d) She ate too much.
4. At the beginning of the chapter Blood of the Conquistadores, who came up the driveway at the Garcia's house?
(a) Men with guns.
(b) The dictator.
(c) Two men dressed in khakis.
(d) Four men dressed in suits.
5. On their last day in the Dominican Republic what were the girls allowed to take with them to the U.S.?
(b) Three toys.
(c) One object each and the clothes they were wearing.
(d) One full suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Yolanda like her 4th grade teacher so much?
2. What did Mundin want Yolanda to show him as a trade for the clay?
3. Where was Yolanda seated in her 4th grade class?
4. What did Yolanda think snow was when she first saw it?
5. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)