|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carla reached the 7th grade, what did the nun at school suggest about her schooling?
(a) That Carla skip the 7th grade.
(b) That Carla go to a private school.
(c) That Carla should stay back a year and repeat grade six.
(d) That Carla should not go to school.
2. When asked what he wanted to be when he grows up, what did Mundin respond?
(a) He wanted to go to college in America.
(b) He wanted to be an artist.
(c) He wanted to play basketball.
(d) He wanted to go into the medical profession.
3. What was confusing to Carla as she entered the 7th grade?
(a) Her mother couldn't drive a car.
(b) Her sisters were embarrassing.
(c) Her body was changing.
(d) Her dad dressed weird.
4. What did Sandi see when her father and Mrs. Fanning accompanied her to the restroom?
(a) Mrs. Fanning lost her skirt.
(b) Her father caught Mrs. Fanning.
(c) Mrs. Fanning fell down.
(d) Mrs. Fanning kissing her father.
5. At the restaurant, what did Sandi do to pass the time?
(a) Ate all her food.
(b) Talked with her sisiters.
(c) Flirted with a young waiter.
(d) Enjoyed the dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which cousin was Yolanda paired up with at their home in the Dominican Republic?
2. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
3. Where did the Fannings take the Garcias for dinner?
4. How did Yolanda almost get her dad killed?
5. Who was talking on the television in the chapter "Snow" and, in Yolanda's mind, was looking worried?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)