|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Victor arrived at the Garcia's and the secret police were there, what was revealed about the Garcia's immigration papers?
(a) That there were no papers.
(b) That immigration papers were illegal.
(c) That they were held up.
(d) That they had been cleared.
2. What did Mrs. Fanning do at dinner that angered her husband?
(a) She asked too many questions.
(b) She ate too much.
(c) She made over the girls too much.
(d) She drank too much.
3. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
(a) A naked man working on a large sculpture.
(b) An old servant doing laundry.
(c) A man in uniform with a dog.
(d) Her father, doing laundry
4. What did the grandmother supervise religiously?
(a) The grandfather's diet.
(b) Her travel plans.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her grandchildren.
5. What was the country's slogan in the Dominican Republic?
(a) "God and Trujillo are taking care of you."
(b) "Trujillo is your friend."
(c) "Country pride."
(d) "Become wealthy with Trujillo."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yolanda think snow was when she first saw it?
2. Which aunt was divorced?
3. How did Yolanda almost get her dad killed?
4. Who is Tia Mimi?
5. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)