|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was confusing to Carla as she entered the 7th grade?
(a) Her dad dressed weird.
(b) Her sisters were embarrassing.
(c) Her mother couldn't drive a car.
(d) Her body was changing.
2. Where did the Fannings take the Garcias for dinner?
(a) To a Spanish restaurant.
(b) To a Chinese restaurant.
(c) To the Crystal Palace.
(d) To a supper club.
3. On their last day in the Dominican Republic what were the girls allowed to take with them to the U.S.?
(a) Three toys.
(b) One object each and the clothes they were wearing.
(c) One full suitcase.
4. What gift did the father bring for the girls when he returned from America?
(a) Red boots.
(b) Mechanical banks.
(d) Dolls in costumes.
5. Whose face appeared on the Virgin sculpture?
(b) Uncle Tio's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Victor offer to the secret police to end the trouble with the Garcia's?
2. Where had the girls seen dancers before like the ones at the restaurant?
3. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
4. What was the secret phrase that the mother sent to Don Victor to tell him that there was trouble?
5. The father had how many brothers and sisters?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)