|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the country's slogan in the Dominican Republic?
(a) "Country pride."
(b) "Become wealthy with Trujillo."
(c) "Trujillo is your friend."
(d) "God and Trujillo are taking care of you."
2. What dance did the girls' parents dance at the Christmas party?
(a) The bolero.
(b) The Jitterbug.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The tango.
3. How did the other students react to Carla in her new school in the 7th grade?
(a) The girls teased her about her clothes.
(b) They ignored her.
(c) The girls loved her long braided hair.
(d) A gang of boys taunted her.
4. What did the Garcias do each year to celebrate coming to America?
(a) They did a celebration at dinner and the mother made a flan.
(b) They visited an historic sight.
(c) They took a trip back to the island.
(d) They went to the movies.
5. Where did the grandparents travel to often?
(b) The Capitol.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose property was next to the de la Torre compound?
2. What happened to Sandi's ability to paint?
3. Whose face appeared on the Virgin sculpture?
4. What did Gladys want from Carla?
5. Why did Yolanda like her 4th grade teacher so much?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)