|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
(a) In the river.
(b) In Belleview.
(c) On the streets.
(d) Back on the island.
2. Where did the grandparents travel to often?
(c) New York.
(d) The Capitol.
3. When Carla reached the 7th grade, what did the nun at school suggest about her schooling?
(a) That Carla should stay back a year and repeat grade six.
(b) That Carla should not go to school.
(c) That Carla skip the 7th grade.
(d) That Carla go to a private school.
4. At the restaurant, what did Sandi do to pass the time?
(a) Talked with her sisiters.
(b) Ate all her food.
(c) Flirted with a young waiter.
(d) Enjoyed the dancers.
5. How did Carla's mother react to her being accosted on the way home from school?
(a) She called her husband.
(b) She yelled at Carla.
(c) She sent her back to the island.
(d) She called the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose property was next to the de la Torre compound?
2. When Carla approached the window of the strange car on her way home from school, what did she discover?
3. On their last day in the Dominican Republic what were the girls allowed to take with them to the U.S.?
4. At the beginning of the chapter Blood of the Conquistadores, who came up the driveway at the Garcia's house?
5. What was the father's hiding place from the secret police?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)