|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Yolanda seated differently than the other children in her 4th grade class?
(a) The teacher wanted to embarrass her.
(b) The teacher grouped Yolanda with the nice kids.
(c) Because she was the only immigrant and the teacher needed to tutor her without disturbing the other students.
(d) The teacher wanted the other kids to like Yolanda.
2. Why did Nivea think the girls were lucky?
(a) Because they could swim every morning.
(b) Because they lived in a beautiful house.
(c) Because when their father returned from a trip he always brought them presents.
(d) Because their yard was so pretty.
3. What kind of drills did Yolanda have in the 4th grade?
(a) Air raid drills.
(b) Snow emergency drills.
(c) Hurricane drills.
(d) Tornado drills.
4. Which cousin was Yolanda paired up with at their home in the Dominican Republic?
5. What did Mrs. Fanning do after the dancers were almost finished with their floor show?
(a) She invited the dancers to the table.
(b) She jumped up and joined in with the dancing.
(c) She applauded loudly.
(d) She tipped the dancers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandi see on Christmas Eve with her family after the art lesson?
2. Which aunt was divorced?
3. What did Carla's father tell her about Gladys?
4. What did the girls think of the nun's habits?
5. What was the country's slogan in the Dominican Republic?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)