|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did the cousins play on the patio after their morning swim?
(a) Hop Scotch.
(d) Sidewalk chalk art.
2. Why were all the de la Torre girls sent to take art lessons?
(a) They got a better price for more kids.
(b) The teacher wanted a full class.
(c) All the de la Torre girls were given equal decorative skills.
(d) The teacher wanted to make more money.
3. What did Victor offer to the secret police to end the trouble with the Garcia's?
(a) He agreed to defend the Garcias.
(b) He agreed to have the Garcias out of the country in 48 hours.
(c) He offered to escort them from their home.
(d) He offered the police money.
4. When the mother said the girls were going to make her crazy, where did she say she would end up?
(a) In Belleview.
(b) Back on the island.
(c) In the river.
(d) On the streets.
5. What did the girls think of the nun's habits?
(a) They were scary.
(b) That they must be hot.
(c) They made them look like dolls in mourning.
(d) They were comforting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Carla's mother not drive her to school?
2. Why did Nivea think the girls were lucky?
3. What did Yolanda tell Mundin's mother when they were caught in the coal shed?
4. Who is Tia Mimi?
5. What was the country's slogan in the Dominican Republic?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)