|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the chapter Blood of the Conquistadores, who came up the driveway at the Garcia's house?
(a) The dictator.
(b) Two men dressed in khakis.
(c) Four men dressed in suits.
(d) Men with guns.
2. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
(a) An old servant doing laundry.
(b) A naked man working on a large sculpture.
(c) Her father, doing laundry
(d) A man in uniform with a dog.
3. When Carla approached the window of the strange car on her way home from school, what did she discover?
(a) That she was able to give directions without faltering.
(b) That the driver was naked from the waist down.
(c) That she spoke English better than she thought.
(d) That she knew the make of the car right away.
4. What did Sandi want as a souvenir from the restaurant?
(a) An outfit like the dancers.
(b) A fake flower.
(c) A picture with the dancers.
(d) A Barbie doll dressed as a Flaminco dancer.
5. What did Gladys want from Carla?
(a) Her mechanical bank.
(b) Her book.
(c) Her drum.
(d) Her new doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did La Bruja do almost daily to annoy the Garcias?
2. Where had the girls seen dancers before like the ones at the restaurant?
3. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
4. Where did the Garcias live when they first arrived in New York?
5. Why did the bank get rusty?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)