|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was talking on the television in the chapter "Snow" and, in Yolanda's mind, was looking worried?
(a) Sister Zoe.
(b) The Cuban president.
(c) Her father.
(d) President Kennedy.
2. What did the grandmother supervise religiously?
(a) Her travel plans.
(b) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) The grandfather's diet.
3. What did Laura offer the men who were keeping watch at her gate when she arrived home?
(b) A chair to rest.
(c) Something cold to drink.
(d) Umbrellas for shade.
4. What did Mundin want Yolanda to show him as a trade for the clay?
(a) How she curled her hair.
(b) How she could roll the clay.
(c) That she is a girl.
(d) Her new book.
5. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
(a) An old servant doing laundry.
(b) Her father, doing laundry
(c) A naked man working on a large sculpture.
(d) A man in uniform with a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
2. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
3. What was Yolanda's 4th grade teacher's name?
4. What was confusing to Carla as she entered the 7th grade?
5. How did Yolanda almost get her dad killed?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)