|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sandi get in trouble at the art lesson?
(a) She jumped ahead of the instructions given and acted on her own.
(b) She backtalked the teacher.
(c) She was sloppy with her brushes.
(d) She was late to class.
2. What did Mrs. Fanning do at dinner that angered her husband?
(a) She made over the girls too much.
(b) She ate too much.
(c) She asked too many questions.
(d) She drank too much.
3. What story was Yolanda reading when her cousin tried to get her attention with the clay snake?
(a) Tom Sawyer.
(d) The Bible.
4. Where did the Fannings take the Garcias for dinner?
(a) To a supper club.
(b) To a Spanish restaurant.
(c) To a Chinese restaurant.
(d) To the Crystal Palace.
5. What gift did the father bring for the girls when he returned from America?
(a) Dolls in costumes.
(c) Mechanical banks.
(d) Red boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were all the de la Torre girls sent to take art lessons?
2. What was the father's hiding place from the secret police?
3. Why did Yolanda like her 4th grade teacher so much?
4. What did Laura offer the men who were keeping watch at her gate when she arrived home?
5. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)