|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Sandi's ability to paint?
(a) Her arm healed crooked and she never painted again.
(b) Her arm healed straight, but she lost interest in painting.
(c) Her arm healed and she painted for another month or so.
(d) She became a painter and majored in art at college.
2. What did Sandi see on Christmas Eve with her family after the art lesson?
(a) All the gifts under the tree.
(b) Don Jose's giants from the workshed.
(c) Their house was ransacked by the secret police.
(d) All her cousins gathered at grandmother and grandfather's.
3. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
(a) That it was nuclear fallout.
(b) That it was cold.
(c) That each flake was different, like a person.
(d) That she would grow to hate it.
4. Why were all the de la Torre girls sent to take art lessons?
(a) All the de la Torre girls were given equal decorative skills.
(b) The teacher wanted a full class.
(c) The teacher wanted to make more money.
(d) They got a better price for more kids.
5. What gift did the father bring for the girls when he returned from America?
(a) Red boots.
(b) Mechanical banks.
(d) Dolls in costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dona Charito meet her husband?
2. Why did Sandi get in trouble at the art lesson?
3. What did Gladys want from Carla?
4. The evening that the Garcias went to the restaurant to meet the Fannings, how did they get there?
5. Why was Yolanda seated differently than the other children in her 4th grade class?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)