|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Yolanda's 4th grade teacher tell the students about what was happening in the world?
(a) The Cubans wanted to kill the Soviets.
(b) Cuba had Russian missiles pointed at New York.
(c) The Cubans wanted to come to America.
(d) The Cuban bombs were pointed at Philidelphia.
2. What did Yolanda's teacher tell her about snow.
(a) That each flake was different, like a person.
(b) That it was cold.
(c) That she would grow to hate it.
(d) That it was nuclear fallout.
3. Whose face appeared on the Virgin sculpture?
(a) Uncle Tio's.
4. What did Sandi see on Christmas Eve with her family after the art lesson?
(a) Their house was ransacked by the secret police.
(b) All the gifts under the tree.
(c) All her cousins gathered at grandmother and grandfather's.
(d) Don Jose's giants from the workshed.
5. Who scolded Carla and told her she should not be in the maid's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Fanning do after the dancers were almost finished with their floor show?
2. At the beginning of the chapter Blood of the Conquistadores, who came up the driveway at the Garcia's house?
3. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
4. What did Gladys want from Carla?
5. What did Carla think of the yearly celebration of coming to America?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)