|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Garcias live when they first arrived in New York?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In a small apartment.
(c) In a row house.
(d) In a compound.
2. When the police questioned Carla about the man in the car, who did they insist answer all the questions?
(a) Carla alone.
(b) Yolanda because she spoke the best English.
(c) Carla's mother.
(d) Carla's father.
3. Who is Charito?
(a) An aunt.
(b) The local artist.
(c) A woman in America.
(d) The local prostitute.
4. Who is Tia Mimi?
(a) The "old-maid" aunt.
(b) The aunt married to the American.
(c) The aunt who brushes her teach constantly.
(d) The aunt who rides a motorcycle.
5. On their last day in the Dominican Republic what were the girls allowed to take with them to the U.S.?
(a) One full suitcase.
(b) Three toys.
(c) One object each and the clothes they were wearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sandi get in trouble at the art lesson?
2. What story was Yolanda reading when her cousin tried to get her attention with the clay snake?
3. What did Sandi see in the shed at the artist's house?
4. When Carla was accosted on the way home from school, what kind of car was the man driving?
5. What happened to Gladys when the parents discovered that she had something belonging to Carla?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)