|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the mother dress her daughters when they were small?
(a) In the same color dresses.
(b) All alike but in different colors.
(c) Differently to tell them apart.
(d) Like boys.
2. What shocked Yolanda about the appearance of Rudy's parents?
(a) They looked so young.
(b) They looked older than her parents.
(c) His mother had red hair.
(d) They didn't look like Rudy.
3. Which sister is considered the "plain one?"
4. Why did John call Yolanda Violet?
(a) That was her favorite flower.
(b) That was her favorite color.
(c) That was her least favorite color.
(d) After "shrinking violet" when she started seeing a shrink.
5. Why is Sofia throwing the party for her father?
(a) She wants to see her mother.
(b) It's her turn.
(c) To reconcile.
(d) Because she loves him.
6. What happened to the speech that Yolanda wrote for school?
(a) Her mother saved it in her personal trunk.
(b) Yolanda tore it into pieces.
(c) Her father framed it and put it up on the wall.
(d) Her father tore it into pieces.
7. What did Rudy do the first night he met Yolanda?
(a) Asked her to dinner.
(b) Came to her dorm room.
(c) Asked her to a movie.
(d) Asked her for a kiss.
8. Why did Sandra end up in a mental institution?
(a) She tried to starve herself to death.
(b) She called her mother and she couldn't stop crying.
(c) She got really fat.
(d) She wrote a disturbing letter home.
9. What was Yolanda and John's relationship like in the beginning?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were in love.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) He was her teacher.
10. What colors did the mother use for her color code?
(a) Green, yellow, blue and pink.
(b) Yellow, blue, pink and white.
(c) Purple, yellow, pink and red.
(d) Green, blue, rose and black.
11. What did Rudy bring to Yolanda when they met later in life?
(a) A book of sonnets.
(b) Chinese food.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A pen.
12. What does Sofia do that offends her father?
(a) Puts a sloppy kiss on his head.
(b) Puts her finger in his ear.
(c) Runs her tongue in his ear.
(d) Sings a song with naughty lyrics.
13. When the mother says there are now 6 girls, who is she referring to?
(a) The four daughters, the new grandbaby and herself.
(b) Her six granddaughters.
(c) Her six daughters.
(d) The six aunts.
14. Who signed the papers to put Yolanda in a mental health facility?
(c) Nobody, she put herself in.
(d) Her parents.
15. What hangs from the belts of the two men who help Yolanda when her car breaks down?
(d) Weed eaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father finally end up doing in New York that gives him professional success?
2. What did Sofia's father find in her room when she was young woman that caused a stir?
3. What did the other students at the American school think of the background of the sisters?
4. What did John always do with his clothes?
5. When the mother was confronted by a salesclerk in a store, how did she put them off?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)