1. At the beginning of the novel, how do the aunts and cousins view Yolanda?
Like a Peace Corps girl who has let herself go.
2. What does Lucinda look like?
A Dominican magazine model.
3. What is the shape of the cake at the beginning of the novel?
4. What do the candles on the cake represent?
The 5 cities where relatives live.
5. In the first chapter of the novel, what does Yolanda want to do that shocks her relatives?
Take a drive by herself.
This section contains 5,173 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)