|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Drum.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the candles on the cake represent?
(a) The 5 cities where relatives live.
(b) The 5 years Yolanda has been gone.
(c) The 5 girls cousins.
(d) The 5 aunts and their families.
2. What was the title of the autobiographical paper that the oldest daughter wrote?
(a) "My Mother, the Saint."
(b) "How I Hated my Mother."
(c) "I Was There Too."
(d) "How my Mother Hovered."
3. What did the mother always call the girls?
(a) By their names.
(b) By the color of their dresses.
(c) Her babies.
(d) The four girls.
4. What happens when the father is offended at the party?
(a) He loses his temper and yells at the girls.
(b) He leaves immediately.
(c) He silently gets up and leaves.
(d) He puts a stop to the game and the party is over.
5. What did Yolanda think snow was when she first saw it?
(a) Fallout from an atomic bomb.
(b) It was paper falling from the sky.
(c) It was a ticker-tape parade.
(d) She knew it was snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance did the girls' parents dance at the Christmas party?
2. When Carla reached the 7th grade, what did the nun at school suggest about her schooling?
3. What happened when the father heard Yolanda's school speech?
4. Which sister has a baby?
5. At the end of the chapter, what happened when Carla put a coin in the bank?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)