|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daughter of Invention.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sofia's father as the evening wears on at the party?
(a) He starts kissing all the girls.
(b) He becomes removed.
(c) He starts singing.
(d) He gets drunk and laughs loudly.
2. What saying did the father say about having four girls?
(a) '"Good bulls sire cows."
(b) "We need a rooster."
(c) "Good chickens have chicks."
(d) "Girls are worthless."
3. Who appeared at all of Yolanda's poetry readings?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. On the island, what was different about the patio where men and women sit and talk?
(a) The patio needed painting.
(b) The patio was segregated, men on one side, women on the other.
(c) The patio had a mosquito net.
(d) The patio had uncomfortable furniture.
5. When the mother was confronted by a salesclerk in a store, how did she put them off?
(a) She did not put them off, but bought everything in sight.
(b) She told them she would have to talk purchases over with her husband.
(c) She told them she had no money.
(d) She told them she cannot speak English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sofia do that offends her father?
2. Who found the stash of marijuana?
3. What did Sandi think she was turning into?
4. What did Rudy try to get Yolanda to do?
5. Who signed the papers to put Yolanda in a mental health facility?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)