|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Daughter of Invention.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Manual Gustavo related to the girls?
(a) He is a third cousin.
(b) He is an uncle.
(c) He is a cousin.
(d) He is a long-lost brother.
2. Why is Sofia throwing the party for her father?
(a) It's her turn.
(b) To reconcile.
(c) Because she loves him.
(d) She wants to see her mother.
3. Why was Yolanda so pleased with the speech she wrote for school?
(a) Because her father liked it.
(b) She felt she was a rebel.
(c) She finally sounded like herself in English.
(d) She wrote the speech in Spanish.
4. What cured Yolanda?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how do the aunts and cousins view Yolanda?
(a) Like a Peace Corps girl who has let herself go.
(b) Like a young Spanish princess.
(c) Like a professional woman.
(d) Like a hippie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nicknames does the grandfather give to the baby?
2. What speech was Yolanda asked to deliver at school that her mother helped her with?
3. Who found the stash of marijuana?
4. What is Manual Gustavo's biggest flaw?
5. What invitation did the mother give to the person she met at the hospital?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)