|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the mother says there are now 6 girls, who is she referring to?
(a) Her six granddaughters.
(b) The four daughters, the new grandbaby and herself.
(c) Her six daughters.
(d) The six aunts.
2. What is tacked to the central post in the cantina where Yolanda stops?
(a) A no trespassing sign.
(b) The menu.
(c) A Coca-Cola poster.
(d) A poster of Palmolive soap.
3. What happens when the father is offended at the party?
(a) He leaves immediately.
(b) He loses his temper and yells at the girls.
(c) He silently gets up and leaves.
(d) He puts a stop to the game and the party is over.
4. As adults, what do the daughters still come home for?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A visit from island relatives.
(c) A birth.
(d) Their father's birthday.
5. What did Sofia's father find in her room when she was young woman that caused a stir?
(c) Love letters from her beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first chapter of the novel, what does Yolanda want to do that shocks her relatives?
2. What did Sandi think she was turning into?
3. Who did the mother engage in a conversation with at the hospital?
4. What does Yolanda want to find and eat on the island in the first chapter?
5. When Yolanda buys a personalized key chain, what name does she pick?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)