|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Yolanda find the food she wants?
(a) One of her cousins.
(b) Jose Duarte, Sanchez y Mella, the grandson of the woman who runs the cantina.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The workmen who stop to help her.
2. What does the cantina owner offer Yolanda to drink?
(a) Coca Cola.
3. What did the mother always call the girls?
(a) By their names.
(b) By the color of their dresses.
(c) Her babies.
(d) The four girls.
4. What is the shape of the cake at the beginning of the novel?
(a) The island.
(d) The U.S.
5. What hangs from the belts of the two men who help Yolanda when her car breaks down?
(b) Weed eaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister is considered the "plain one?"
2. Why is Sofia throwing the party for her father?
3. What does Yolanda want to find and eat on the island in the first chapter?
4. When the mother says there are now 6 girls, who is she referring to?
5. What did Carla do to make the sneakers red?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)