|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Rudy Elmenhurst Story.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Yolanda find the food she wants?
(a) The workmen who stop to help her.
(b) Jose Duarte, Sanchez y Mella, the grandson of the woman who runs the cantina.
(c) One of her cousins.
(d) Her uncle.
2. What did Sandi think she was turning into?
(a) A flea.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
3. Who did the mother engage in a conversation with at the hospital?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A young father whose wife just had a baby.
(d) Her daughter.
4. What was Yolanda and John's relationship like in the beginning?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were in love.
(c) He was her teacher.
(d) They were friends.
5. What did Carla do to make the sneakers red?
(a) Painted them with spray paint.
(b) Cut her finger and dyed them with her blood.
(c) Painted them with red nail polish.
(d) Dyed them red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village does Yolanda find herself in in the opening chapter of the book?
2. After college, when did Yolanda see Rudy again?
3. What kind of flowers did John bring home to Yolanda?
4. What was the assignment that Rudy and Yolanda worked on together?
5. Who appeared at all of Yolanda's poetry readings?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)