Part 1, 1989-1972, Antojos
1. At the beginning of the novel, how do the aunts and cousins view Yolanda?
(a) Like a hippie.
(b) Like a young Spanish princess.
(c) Like a Peace Corps girl who has let herself go.
(d) Like a professional woman.
2. What does Lucinda look like?
(a) Like a boy.
(b) A Dominican magazine model.
(c) Like her mother.
(d) Like Yolanda.
3. What is the shape of the cake at the beginning of the novel?
(c) The island.
(d) The U.S.
4. What do the candles on the cake represent?
(a) The 5 girls cousins.
(b) The 5 years Yolanda has been gone.
(c) The 5 aunts and their families.
(d) The 5 cities where relatives live.
5. In the first chapter of the novel, what does Yolanda want to do that shocks her relatives?
(a) Take a jog in the city.
(b) Sunbathe in the back yard.
(c) Swim naked in the pool.
(d) Take a drive by herself.
This section contains 5,173 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)