1. At the beginning of the novel, how do the aunts and cousins view Yolanda?
(a) Like a professional woman.
(b) Like a hippie.
(c) Like a Peace Corps girl who has let herself go.
(d) Like a young Spanish princess.
2. What does Lucinda look like?
(a) A Dominican magazine model.
(b) Like a boy.
(c) Like Yolanda.
(d) Like her mother.
3. What is the shape of the cake at the beginning of the novel?
(c) The U.S.
(d) The island.
4. What do the candles on the cake represent?
(a) The 5 aunts and their families.
(b) The 5 girls cousins.
(c) The 5 cities where relatives live.
(d) The 5 years Yolanda has been gone.
5. In the first chapter of the novel, what does Yolanda want to do that shocks her relatives?
(a) Sunbathe in the back yard.
(b) Take a drive by herself.
(c) Swim naked in the pool.
(d) Take a jog in the city.
This section contains 5,173 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)