|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
2. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
3. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
4. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
5. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
2. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
3. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
4. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
5. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
6. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
7. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
8. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
9. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
10. What analogy does Rambha give?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi saw a link between violence and cowardice.
Part 1) Describe this link. What link exists with those who are non-violent? Why? How can Gandhi prove this?
Part 2) Would you agree with the connections Gandhi makes? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are Gandhi's beliefs supported by his religious research? What other historical figures can be used to support these connections made by Gandhi?
Essay Topic 3
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)