|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gandhi meditate?
2. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
3. Easwaran explains that Gandhi was quoting what from Hindu scripture?
4. What must be driven out of the mind?
5. What did Gandhi say as he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
2. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
3. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
4. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
5. How does detachment help Gandhi?
6. How is a mantra important?
7. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
8. What is meant by detachment?
9. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
10. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 2
In South Africa, Gandhi's attitude toward law changed.
Part 1) What was Gandhi doing in South Africa? How was his attitude changed regarding law?
Part 2) How did the discovery about law change other aspects of Gandhi's life? Why?
Part 3) How did his experiences in England prepare him for this change in South Africa? How did this change guide him down a new path?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied three major world religions.
Part 1) What are these three major religions? Why does he choose these religions?
Part 2) What do they all have in common? Why is this important?
Part 3) Which was most important and relevant to Gandhi? Why? Which is most relevant to you? Why?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)