Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
2. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
3. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
4. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
5. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
Essay Topic 1
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi saw a link between violence and cowardice.
Part 1) Describe this link. What link exists with those who are non-violent? Why? How can Gandhi prove this?
Part 2) Would you agree with the connections Gandhi makes? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are Gandhi's beliefs supported by his religious research? What other historical figures can be used to support these connections made by Gandhi?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)