|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the source of the inspiration to which Gandhi clung?
2. What must be driven out of the mind?
3. How does Easwaran close this chapter?
4. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
5. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
2. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
3. How does detachment help Gandhi?
4. What is meant by detachment?
5. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
6. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
7. What analogy does Rambha give?
8. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
9. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
10. How do most people see life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi rebels against the Black Act.
Part 1) What is the Black Act? How does this act affect Gandhi?
Part 2) Why does he rebel against this act? How does he rebel?
Part 3) How does this affect Gandhi's followers and those in charge? How does this also foreshadow events to come?
Essay Topic 3
The principles used in Self-Satyagraha can be used in regards to various individuals.
Part 1) What principles can be used to keep harmony in a relationship and family? How do these relationships benefit from these principles?
Part 2) How can these principles then be used in ever larger groups? How might society as we know it change is satyagrahas took place?
Part 3) How can satyagraha take place in your school community? What can you do to encourage the following of these principles? How would this change the school environment? Why would this environment be changed?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)