|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Easwaran explains that these verses describe what?
2. The final chapter Eknath Easwaran writes is focused on the daily habits and the things that defined the personality of Gandhi as what?
3. What does Patanjali say?
4. On what does one who loves the Lord of Love focus?
5. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do most people see life?
2. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
3. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
4. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
5. How is a mantra important?
6. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
7. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
8. What analogy does Rambha give?
9. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
10. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged when he was thirteen.
Part 1) Is this unusual? Why or why not? How might this affect one's life at thirteen? How would your life be different if you were married at thirteen?
Part 2) How did these two treat each other? What might be expected of two thirteen-year-olds? What is unusual about this couple? Why?
Part 3) How did these two become an inspiration for couples around the world? What have you learned from this couple?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi rebels against the Black Act.
Part 1) What is the Black Act? How does this act affect Gandhi?
Part 2) Why does he rebel against this act? How does he rebel?
Part 3) How does this affect Gandhi's followers and those in charge? How does this also foreshadow events to come?
Essay Topic 3
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)