|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gandhi keep no matter the situation?
2. What did Gandhi say as he died?
3. The fact that most of Gandhi's ashram were women led Gandhi to say in response to their gentle strength that if non-violence is the future of humanity, then the future is what?
4. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
5. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
2. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
3. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
4. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
5. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
6. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
7. How does detachment help Gandhi?
8. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
9. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
10. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The principles used in Self-Satyagraha can be used in regards to various individuals.
Part 1) What principles can be used to keep harmony in a relationship and family? How do these relationships benefit from these principles?
Part 2) How can these principles then be used in ever larger groups? How might society as we know it change is satyagrahas took place?
Part 3) How can satyagraha take place in your school community? What can you do to encourage the following of these principles? How would this change the school environment? Why would this environment be changed?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)