|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gandhi meditate?
2. The two of them became what for men and women throughout India?
3. The final chapter Eknath Easwaran writes is focused on the daily habits and the things that defined the personality of Gandhi as what?
4. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
5. Even ______________ was Gandhi embodying the spirit of compassion and forgiveness for which he had come to be known.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
2. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
3. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
4. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
5. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
6. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
7. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
8. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
9. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
10. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 2
A round table discussion is held by the British.
Part 1) Why is this discussion held? Why is Gandhi invited? What does this reveal about Gandhi's role in Indian politics? What does this say about his influence?
Part 2) How does this discussion benefit from his presence? Who else benefits from his presence? How?
Part 3) How does Gandhi benefit from this experience? How does this help his cause?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied three major world religions.
Part 1) What are these three major religions? Why does he choose these religions?
Part 2) What do they all have in common? Why is this important?
Part 3) Which was most important and relevant to Gandhi? Why? Which is most relevant to you? Why?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)