Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
2. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
3. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
4. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
5. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
Essay Topic 1
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 2
As a child, Gandhi was unremarkable.
Part 1) How was he an unremarkable child? Why was he unremarkable?
Part 2) Why is this important to know about him?
Part 3) How is he transformed into the powerful man he later becomes? By who and what was he inspired? How is he an inspiration today?
Essay Topic 3
The secret of life, according to Gandhi, is renounce and enjoy.
Part 1) What does this mean? How is this related to the Gita?
Part 2) How is it also related to other religions? Do you agree with Gandhi that this is the secret to life? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can this belief change your life? Why? How could it change society and the world?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)