|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patanjali say?
2. Who is Patanjali?
3. How does Easwaran close this chapter?
4. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
5. Easwaran opens the chapter entitled Mother and Child by asking the question of how such a personal evolution could have come about, and how the evolution of a single person could effect what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
2. How does detachment help Gandhi?
3. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
4. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
5. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
6. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
7. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
8. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
9. How do most people see life?
10. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Gandhi's followers are women.
Part 1) Is this purely coincidence? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does Gandhi learn from these women? How does this affect his view of non-violence and the peace of the world?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on the importance of women in society? How can society benefit from women such as those who followed Gandhi?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi inspired revolution in many fields.
Part 1) In what fields did he inspire revolution? How did this occur?
Part 2) Describe these types of revolutions. How are they unique?
Part 3) How are revolutionaries today inspired by Gandhi? How are some the opposite of Gandhi? How does this affect one's view of these revolutionaries, as well as the success of the revolutionaries?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)