|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
2. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
3. The people who gravitated to Gandhi are testament to what?
4. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
5. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
2. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
3. What analogy does Rambha give?
4. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
5. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
6. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
7. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
8. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
9. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
10. How does detachment help Gandhi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A guiding principle from the Gita is undivided singleness of mind.
Part 1) What is meant by undivided singleness of mind? Why is it important to Gandhi?
Part 2) How is this connected to Gandhi's secret to life?
Part 3) How does the use of meditation and mantras support this idea? How does yoga also aid in this?
Essay Topic 2
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)