|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
2. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
3. What endeavor is the source of Gandhi's joy and strength?
4. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
5. People came burdened and overwhelmed with their troubles, and left how?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
2. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
3. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
4. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
5. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
6. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
7. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
8. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
9. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
10. What analogy does Rambha give?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi studied three major world religions.
Part 1) What are these three major religions? Why does he choose these religions?
Part 2) What do they all have in common? Why is this important?
Part 3) Which was most important and relevant to Gandhi? Why? Which is most relevant to you? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi saw a link between violence and cowardice.
Part 1) Describe this link. What link exists with those who are non-violent? Why? How can Gandhi prove this?
Part 2) Would you agree with the connections Gandhi makes? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are Gandhi's beliefs supported by his religious research? What other historical figures can be used to support these connections made by Gandhi?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)