|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. His ashram family, however, the ones who came to be called his _____________________ were the ones who knew best the man Gandhi was in his daily life.
2. What does the author say is Gandhi's message?
3. When one's love is deep enough, Sri Krishna explains to the eager Arjuna, selfish attachment, insecurity, fear and despair will do what?
4. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
5. With whom did Gandhi take all of his solitude?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a mantra important?
2. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
3. What is meant by detachment?
4. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
5. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
6. Besides detachment, what is another guiding principle from the Gita?
7. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
8. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
9. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
10. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
Essay Topic 2
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 3
As a child, Gandhi was unremarkable.
Part 1) How was he an unremarkable child? Why was he unremarkable?
Part 2) Why is this important to know about him?
Part 3) How is he transformed into the powerful man he later becomes? By who and what was he inspired? How is he an inspiration today?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)