|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to transformation of character and consciousness?
2. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
3. What does Patanjali say?
4. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
5. Evenings for Gandhi were made up of what kind of meals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
2. How do most people see life?
3. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
4. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
5. What did Gandhi often do in the evening?
6. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
7. What did Gandhi do to make his teaching more accessible?
8. What is meant by detachment?
9. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
10. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Gandhi's followers are women.
Part 1) Is this purely coincidence? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does Gandhi learn from these women? How does this affect his view of non-violence and the peace of the world?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on the importance of women in society? How can society benefit from women such as those who followed Gandhi?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 3
A round table discussion is held by the British.
Part 1) Why is this discussion held? Why is Gandhi invited? What does this reveal about Gandhi's role in Indian politics? What does this say about his influence?
Part 2) How does this discussion benefit from his presence? Who else benefits from his presence? How?
Part 3) How does Gandhi benefit from this experience? How does this help his cause?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)