|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi called the Bhagavad Gita what?
2. Easwaran explains that most people see life in terms of what?
3. Gandhi's focus was on letting the wisdom, love, joy and peace he studied make up what?
4. Indeed one of the things that was most remarkable to Easwaran, and to Louis Fischer, the American journalist who followed Gandhi's campaigns in India for many years, was how what?
5. What types of people did Gandhi love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a mantra important?
2. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
3. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
4. What is meant by detachment?
5. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
6. What is the purpose of the final chapter?
7. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
8. What do Gandhi and his wife do for Indians?
9. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
10. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Gandhi's followers are women.
Part 1) Is this purely coincidence? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does Gandhi learn from these women? How does this affect his view of non-violence and the peace of the world?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on the importance of women in society? How can society benefit from women such as those who followed Gandhi?
Essay Topic 2
The secret of life, according to Gandhi, is renounce and enjoy.
Part 1) What does this mean? How is this related to the Gita?
Part 2) How is it also related to other religions? Do you agree with Gandhi that this is the secret to life? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can this belief change your life? Why? How could it change society and the world?
Essay Topic 3
A round table discussion is held by the British.
Part 1) Why is this discussion held? Why is Gandhi invited? What does this reveal about Gandhi's role in Indian politics? What does this say about his influence?
Part 2) How does this discussion benefit from his presence? Who else benefits from his presence? How?
Part 3) How does Gandhi benefit from this experience? How does this help his cause?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)