|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi's secretary, Mahadev Desai, answered the question of how Gandhi spoke so eloquently with no preparation or notes by explaining what?
2. Gandhi's nurse, Rambha, taught him that the way to eliminate fear was to do what?
3. What does Rambha give Gandhi to say?
4. Kasturbai kept her faith in her husband's character even when what happened?
5. Kasturbai maintained a standard Gandhi could live up to and never doing what?
Essay Topic 1
The secret of life, according to Gandhi, is renounce and enjoy.
Part 1) What does this mean? How is this related to the Gita?
Part 2) How is it also related to other religions? Do you agree with Gandhi that this is the secret to life? Why or why not?
Part 3) How can this belief change your life? Why? How could it change society and the world?
Essay Topic 2
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
Essay Topic 3
As a child, Gandhi was unremarkable.
Part 1) How was he an unremarkable child? Why was he unremarkable?
Part 2) Why is this important to know about him?
Part 3) How is he transformed into the powerful man he later becomes? By who and what was he inspired? How is he an inspiration today?
This section contains 1,459 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)