Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
2. When he was speaking against the violence between the Hindu and Muslims living in India, a young man came out of the crowd and greeted him with his hands at his heart before he did what?
3. What was one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
4. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
5. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
One must learn to eliminate fear.
Part 1) Why must one learn to eliminate fear? How does Gandhi recommend doing this?
Part 2) How is this elimination of fear related to the major religions Gandhi studies?
Part 3) How does a person with no fear compare to one with fear? Do you believe this fearless person is better? Why or why not?
The Salt Satyagraha of 1930 was significant.
Part 1) What was this? Why is it significant?
Part 2) Why does this take place? Do you believe this satyagraha was necessary? Why or why not? How effective was it? Why?
Part 3) to what other satyagrahas does this lead? How does it affect the lives of those in India, as well as around the world?
Gandhi inspired revolution in many fields.
Part 1) In what fields did he inspire revolution? How did this occur?
Part 2) Describe these types of revolutions. How are they unique?
Part 3) How are revolutionaries today inspired by Gandhi? How are some the opposite of Gandhi? How does this affect one's view of these revolutionaries, as well as the success of the revolutionaries?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)