|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gandhi tell the man who killed him?
2. The idea was detachment from the result of one's actions, so that one's focus is on what?
3. That detachment was what allowed Gandhi to move with what?
4. Evenings for Gandhi were made up of what kind of meals?
5. Even ______________ was Gandhi embodying the spirit of compassion and forgiveness for which he had come to be known.
Essay Topic 1
Many of Gandhi's followers are women.
Part 1) Is this purely coincidence? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does Gandhi learn from these women? How does this affect his view of non-violence and the peace of the world?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on the importance of women in society? How can society benefit from women such as those who followed Gandhi?
Essay Topic 2
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied three major world religions.
Part 1) What are these three major religions? Why does he choose these religions?
Part 2) What do they all have in common? Why is this important?
Part 3) Which was most important and relevant to Gandhi? Why? Which is most relevant to you? Why?
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)