|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. His daily chores were always done in the company of others, his meals were a time of what?
2. A united mind is trained wholly to what?
3. The answer to number 84 creates the mask that people call their personalities and hides what?
4. During the walks with Gandhi, people would do what?
5. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi saw a link between violence and cowardice.
Part 1) Describe this link. What link exists with those who are non-violent? Why? How can Gandhi prove this?
Part 2) Would you agree with the connections Gandhi makes? Why or why not?
Part 3) How are Gandhi's beliefs supported by his religious research? What other historical figures can be used to support these connections made by Gandhi?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi's return home was a struggle.
Part 1) Why was his return home a struggle? How did he handle this?
Part 2) How might Gandhi have handled this struggle later in life? Why?
Part 3) How does this struggle lead Gandhi to be the man as the world knows him?
Part 4) What does this say about the importance of one's struggles?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)