|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps a mind steady in every circumstance?
2. Sri Krishna says that the wise person's love for the Lord of Love does what?
3. In order to make his teaching more accessible, Gandhi established what?
4. A united mind is the only mind that is able to meditate and do what?
5. Why did Gandhi experiment with variations on vegetarian dishes?
Essay Topic 1
A guiding principle from the Gita is undivided singleness of mind.
Part 1) What is meant by undivided singleness of mind? Why is it important to Gandhi?
Part 2) How is this connected to Gandhi's secret to life?
Part 3) How does the use of meditation and mantras support this idea? How does yoga also aid in this?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi rebels against the Black Act.
Part 1) What is the Black Act? How does this act affect Gandhi?
Part 2) Why does he rebel against this act? How does he rebel?
Part 3) How does this affect Gandhi's followers and those in charge? How does this also foreshadow events to come?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied three major world religions.
Part 1) What are these three major religions? Why does he choose these religions?
Part 2) What do they all have in common? Why is this important?
Part 3) Which was most important and relevant to Gandhi? Why? Which is most relevant to you? Why?
This section contains 1,421 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)