|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sri Krishna calls it the ______________ that inspires selfish possession, and says they are free who have escaped it, united with the Lord of Love and assured immortality.
2. What must be driven out of the mind?
3. One who loves the Lord of Love is _____________________ by his circumstances.
4. Gandhi used what Rambha taught him his whole life, repeating it rhythmically when?
5. What does one become when one meditates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a union with the Lord of Love do?
2. On what was Gandhi focused? What do the people who gravitated to Gandhi reveal about him?
3. What would happen that reveals how Gandhi was revered?
4. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
5. What does Gandhi do on the day of his death?
6. What happens when Gandhi reduced himself to zero?
7. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
8. What are things that Gandhi does in the company of others?
9. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
10. How does detachment help Gandhi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Salt Satyagraha of 1930 was significant.
Part 1) What was this? Why is it significant?
Part 2) Why does this take place? Do you believe this satyagraha was necessary? Why or why not? How effective was it? Why?
Part 3) to what other satyagrahas does this lead? How does it affect the lives of those in India, as well as around the world?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged when he was thirteen.
Part 1) Is this unusual? Why or why not? How might this affect one's life at thirteen? How would your life be different if you were married at thirteen?
Part 2) How did these two treat each other? What might be expected of two thirteen-year-olds? What is unusual about this couple? Why?
Part 3) How did these two become an inspiration for couples around the world? What have you learned from this couple?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi creates a new form of resistance.
Part 1) What is the resistance called? What does it mean?
Part 2) How does it reflect this style of resistance? How successful is it?
Part 3) How does this form of resistance affect and influence other protesters and reformers?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)