|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this type of revolution mean?
2. Weeks of more protest followed, as did hundreds more arrests, culminating at last with what?
3. The position was as Dada Abdulla's lawyer and a role as what?
4. How successful was Gandhi in Bombay?
5. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
2. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
3. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
4. How did Gandhi feel about volunteering? How did these feelings influence him?
5. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
6. What happens when Gandhi meets the leader of the Transvaal government?
7. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
8. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
9. What does Gandhi call the new form of resistance? What does it mean?
10. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Salt Satyagraha of 1930 was significant.
Part 1) What was this? Why is it significant?
Part 2) Why does this take place? Do you believe this satyagraha was necessary? Why or why not? How effective was it? Why?
Part 3) to what other satyagrahas does this lead? How does it affect the lives of those in India, as well as around the world?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 3
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)