|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. He was also confronted with a form of prejudice against him for what reason?
2. Nagler refers to the Berkley documentary called Gandhi's India in which one of the women interviewed praised Gandhi's view as one from which there are no limits to ______________, and Nagler praises the clarity with which Gandhi's life demonstrated the point.
3. Weeks of more protest followed, as did hundreds more arrests, culminating at last with what?
4. Gandhi determined that the whole British-Indian relationship could be transformed with such an approach of non-violence, or ____________.
5. He instructed a group of Indians to gather in Johannesburg and determined that the most effective course would be for the whole Indian population simply to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
2. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
3. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
4. What requires courage regarding this movement against the Black Act?
5. What intervened in Gandhi's life after graduation and his return to India?
6. How did Gandhi come to be married to Kasturbai?
7. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
8. What is ahimsa?
9. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
10. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi established ashrams.
Part 1) What is an ashram? Why does he establish them?
Part 2) How does he benefit from them? How do others benefit from them?
Part 3) How could an ashram be created in our own culture today? How would it benefit our society?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi inspired revolution in many fields.
Part 1) In what fields did he inspire revolution? How did this occur?
Part 2) Describe these types of revolutions. How are they unique?
Part 3) How are revolutionaries today inspired by Gandhi? How are some the opposite of Gandhi? How does this affect one's view of these revolutionaries, as well as the success of the revolutionaries?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged when he was thirteen.
Part 1) Is this unusual? Why or why not? How might this affect one's life at thirteen? How would your life be different if you were married at thirteen?
Part 2) How did these two treat each other? What might be expected of two thirteen-year-olds? What is unusual about this couple? Why?
Part 3) How did these two become an inspiration for couples around the world? What have you learned from this couple?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)