|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. His discovery inspired him to finding more and more means to do what?
2. Addressing the concept of ____________, Gandhi pleaded with the Indians that one cannot participate in such a system without becoming another of its victims and weakening the nation as a whole.
3. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
4. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
5. The position was as Dada Abdulla's lawyer and a role as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a mantra important?
2. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
3. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
4. What intervened in Gandhi's life after graduation and his return to India?
5. How did Gandhi come to be married to Kasturbai?
6. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
7. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
8. How does Flinders close this book?
9. How was Imperialism put on trial?
10. Who came to see Gandhi? Why did they come to see him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The principles used in Self-Satyagraha can be used in regards to various individuals.
Part 1) What principles can be used to keep harmony in a relationship and family? How do these relationships benefit from these principles?
Part 2) How can these principles then be used in ever larger groups? How might society as we know it change is satyagrahas took place?
Part 3) How can satyagraha take place in your school community? What can you do to encourage the following of these principles? How would this change the school environment? Why would this environment be changed?
Essay Topic 2
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
Essay Topic 3
One must learn to eliminate fear.
Part 1) Why must one learn to eliminate fear? How does Gandhi recommend doing this?
Part 2) How is this elimination of fear related to the major religions Gandhi studies?
Part 3) How does a person with no fear compare to one with fear? Do you believe this fearless person is better? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,417 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)