|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
2. Leaving Kasturbai again, this time with two sons, Gandhi left for South Africa in the hopes of what?
3. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
4. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
5. In order to bring about change in India in particular, the first such system he wanted to address was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Imperialism put on trial?
2. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
3. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
4. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
5. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
6. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
7. Describe the importance of Gandhi's time with children.
8. After the discussion of family, what does Flinders discuss?
9. What is ahimsa?
10. What has the satyagrahi been able to see beyond?
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi's return home was a struggle.
Part 1) Why was his return home a struggle? How did he handle this?
Part 2) How might Gandhi have handled this struggle later in life? Why?
Part 3) How does this struggle lead Gandhi to be the man as the world knows him?
Part 4) What does this say about the importance of one's struggles?
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi rebels against the Black Act.
Part 1) What is the Black Act? How does this act affect Gandhi?
Part 2) Why does he rebel against this act? How does he rebel?
Part 3) How does this affect Gandhi's followers and those in charge? How does this also foreshadow events to come?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi studied law in England.
Part 1) Why did he study law in England? How did he change as a result of this experience?
Part 2) What else did Gandhi study while in England? Why does he study this? What does this reveal about Gandhi?
Part 3) How did this time in England prepare him for his future endeavors?
This section contains 2,235 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)