Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
2. Leaving Kasturbai again, this time with two sons, Gandhi left for South Africa in the hopes of what?
3. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
4. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
5. In order to bring about change in India in particular, the first such system he wanted to address was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Imperialism put on trial?
2. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
3. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
4. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
5. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
6. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
7. Describe the importance of Gandhi's time with children.
8. After the discussion of family, what does Flinders discuss?
9. What is ahimsa?
10. What has the satyagrahi been able to see beyond?
Essay Topic 1
Self-Satyagraha is discussed.
Part 1) What is this type of satyagraha? To what is it compared?
Part 2) How can one begin a self-satyagraha? How can this benefit one's life?
Part 3) How different would your life be if you began a self-satyagraha? Why?
Essay Topic 2
A train trip departing from Maritzburg, South Africa was transformative for Gandhi.
Part 1) How was it transformative? Why was he transformed in this way?
Part 2) When did he act upon this transformation? Why did he act upon it at this point?
Part 3) How might you have reacted to this experience? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Gandhi rebels against the Black Act.
Part 1) What is the Black Act? How does this act affect Gandhi?
Part 2) Why does he rebel against this act? How does he rebel?
Part 3) How does this affect Gandhi's followers and those in charge? How does this also foreshadow events to come?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)