|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
(a) A British student told him to go back home.
(b) A British student pointed out that the thing to be learne in England was English custom.
(c) A fellow Indian told him to go back home.
(d) A fellow Indian pointed out that the best things to be learned in England were English customs.
2. The author comes from Gandhi's home and ethos, and sees the world from a perspective very like Gandhi's instead of through what?
(a) A Middle Eastern viewpoint.
(b) A traditionally Indian background.
(c) The perspective of other Indian cultural groups.
(d) Any Westernized lens.
3. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
(a) Move to third class.
(b) Get off the train.
(c) Go to the back of the car.
(d) Stand up.
4. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
(d) Instant and violent.
5. Gandhi determined that the whole British-Indian relationship could be transformed with such an approach of non-violence, or ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
2. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
3. The remarkable thing about humanity, he says, is not its ability to shape our world, but ______________________.
4. In Gandhi's view of human evolution, he saw what as the dharma of modern human beings--as the central law of their being--and violence as the dharma of the animals of the jungle?
5. Gandhi resolved to make a project of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
2. How did Gandhi feel about volunteering? How did these feelings influence him?
3. How do most people see life?
4. When and how did Gandhi's process of learning to eliminate his fear start?
5. How does Gandhi respond when he is asked the secret of life?
6. How is a mantra important?
7. Who was Gandhi's first adversary as he strove for ahimsa?
8. What is ahimsa?
9. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
10. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)