|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weeks of more protest followed, as did hundreds more arrests, culminating at last with what?
(a) The end to the protest.
(b) Kasturbai's arrest.
(c) Gandhi's arrest.
(d) Gandhi's death.
2. Easwaran opens his chapter describing the Way of Love by recounting what story?
(a) A transformative trip Gandhi took by train.
(b) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to India.
(c) A transformative trip Gandhi took by boat.
(d) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to England.
3. The position was as Dada Abdulla's lawyer and a role as what?
(a) Legal assistant in a minor financial case.
(b) Legal advisor in a minor financial case.
(c) Legal assistant in a complicated financial case.
(d) Legal advisor in a complicated financial case.
4. He was such an irresistible fund-raiser for the oppressed in India that even who gave him money for his cause?
(b) The poor.
(c) The wealthy.
5. Leaving Kasturbai again, this time with two sons, Gandhi left for South Africa in the hopes of what?
(a) Gaining some experience.
(b) Forgetting about his family.
(c) Earning a better living.
(d) Making a new life for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
2. Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged by whom?
3. Michael N. Nagler of the University of California, Berkley provides the forward for the book, and opens by asking the reader what?
4. Gandhi resolved to make a project of what?
5. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
2. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
3. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
4. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
5. What happens when Gandhi meets the leader of the Transvaal government?
6. How did Gandhi find himself when he first arrived in England?
7. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
8. What does Gandhi call the new form of resistance? What does it mean?
9. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
10. How was Imperialism put on trial?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)