|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this type of revolution mean?
(a) Holding fast to truth.
(b) Do what needs to be done.
(c) Forget the truth.
(d) Listen to yourself.
2. What did Gandhi's uncle suggest he do?
(a) Go to England to study medicine.
(b) Go to England to find work.
(c) Go to England to study law.
(d) Go to England to study religion.
3. How many years from that day did Gandhi's determination blossom into inspiration to organize his first mass non-violent resistance?
4. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
(a) A British student pointed out that the thing to be learne in England was English custom.
(b) A British student told him to go back home.
(c) A fellow Indian pointed out that the best things to be learned in England were English customs.
(d) A fellow Indian told him to go back home.
5. When a man does everything in worship, Easwaran explains, everywhere he goes is what?
(a) His world.
(b) His home.
(c) A temple.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________________ itself was on trial as Gandhi told about how the streets were filled with the starving and sick who became poorer and poorer while the British got rich from the labor of the Indians.
2. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
3. Gandhi resolved to make a project of what?
4. Gandhi took this trip when he was in his ________________ year there in service to Dada Abdulla, and was riding in a first class compartment.
5. Gandhi determined that the whole British-Indian relationship could be transformed with such an approach of non-violence, or ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
2. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
3. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
4. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
5. How did Gandhi feel about volunteering? How did these feelings influence him?
6. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
7. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
8. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
9. What happens when Gandhi meets the leader of the Transvaal government?
10. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)