|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He made the determination then and there that he would do what?
(a) Return home to India.
(b) Follow the instructions of those in charge in South Africa.
(c) Stay in South Africa and fight this injustice in whatever way he could.
(d) Return to England.
2. In order to bring about change in India in particular, the first such system he wanted to address was what?
(a) The one sanctioning the oppression of India's wealthy.
(b) The one sanctioning the oppression of those Indians who were not Hindu.
(c) The one sanctioning the oppression of anyone not of Indian descent.
(d) The one sanctioning the oppression of India's poorest classes.
3. How many satyagrahis were jailed at this time?
(b) A few.
4. What is Sevagram?
(a) Gandhi's Ashram.
(b) Gandhi's birth name.
(c) Gandhi's law practice.
(d) Gandhi's home town.
5. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
(a) Making him wish he were not Indian.
(b) Making him more self conscious and costing him more money.
(c) Making him feel more at home.
(d) Making him more friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
2. Part of what made Gandhi so very winsome was what?
3. He instructed a group of Indians to gather in Johannesburg and determined that the most effective course would be for the whole Indian population simply to do what?
4. Was jail problematic for Gandhi?
5. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by detachment?
2. What role did Kasturbai play in Gandhi's personal transformation?
3. Describe the importance of Gandhi's time with children.
4. Who were most of Gandhi's followers? What did he say about them?
5. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
6. How was Imperialism put on trial?
7. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
8. How does Gandhi deal with the Black Act?
9. According to Sri Krishna, what does the wise person's love for the Lord of Love do?
10. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)