|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years from that day did Gandhi's determination blossom into inspiration to organize his first mass non-violent resistance?
2. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
(a) As long as they allow access to non-Hindus, then God was not present there.
(b) As long as they were complicit in denying untouchables access, then God was not present there either.
(c) As long as they denied access to non-Indians, then God was not present there.
(d) As long as they listened to the British, then God was not present there.
3. Upon his return from his service to the British and witnessing the Zulu Rebellion, he discovered what about the Transvaal government?
(a) They had proposed the White Act.
(b) They were fairly kind to the Indian population.
(c) They had proposed the Black Act.
(d) They had created the Jim Crow Laws.
4. Part of what made Gandhi so very winsome was what?
(a) His kind personality.
(b) His ability to give.
(c) The extravagant life he led.
(d) The simplicity and poverty in which he continued to voluntarily live.
5. Gandhi resolved to make a project of what?
(a) His transformation into a British gentleman.
(b) His studies in England.
(c) His newfound friendships.
(d) Developing his character and living simply.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nagler refers to the Berkley documentary called Gandhi's India in which one of the women interviewed praised Gandhi's view as one from which there are no limits to ______________, and Nagler praises the clarity with which Gandhi's life demonstrated the point.
2. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
3. Gandhi's marriage to Kasturbai was arranged by whom?
4. When his rebellion brought Gandhi into the presence of the leader of the Transvaal government himself, what did Gandhi do?
5. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
2. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
3. How was Imperialism put on trial?
4. What is ahimsa?
5. How did Gandhi feel about volunteering? How did these feelings influence him?
6. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
7. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
8. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
9. How did Gandhi come to be married to Kasturbai?
10. What requires courage regarding this movement against the Black Act?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)