|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nagler refers to the Berkley documentary called Gandhi's India in which one of the women interviewed praised Gandhi's view as one from which there are no limits to ______________, and Nagler praises the clarity with which Gandhi's life demonstrated the point.
(a) Human capacity.
(c) Human strength.
2. What does this type of revolution mean?
(a) Listen to yourself.
(b) Forget the truth.
(c) Do what needs to be done.
(d) Holding fast to truth.
3. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
4. When were Gandhi and Kasturbai married?
(a) When Gandhi was thirteen years old.
(b) When Gandhi was eighteen years old.
(c) When Gandhi was twenty years old.
(d) When Gandhi was twenty-two years old.
5. How does Gandhi plan on taking the lessons from the failures of his past?
(a) To not run from failure again.
(b) To think of his family first.
(c) Be proud of his accomplishments and to forget his failures.
(d) To stay away from anything that could cause failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many satyagrahis were jailed at this time?
2. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
3. He was such an irresistible fund-raiser for the oppressed in India that even who gave him money for his cause?
4. Gandhi determined that the whole British-Indian relationship could be transformed with such an approach of non-violence, or ____________.
5. He also explained his commitment to truth and non-violence, saying that whatever the penalty for his crime, he was ready to take it, if what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
2. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
3. What intervened in Gandhi's life after graduation and his return to India?
4. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
5. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
6. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
7. How did Gandhi come to be married to Kasturbai?
8. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
9. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
10. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)