Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
(a) A British student told him to go back home.
(b) A fellow Indian pointed out that the best things to be learned in England were English customs.
(c) A fellow Indian told him to go back home.
(d) A British student pointed out that the thing to be learne in England was English custom.
2. Leaving Kasturbai again, this time with two sons, Gandhi left for South Africa in the hopes of what?
(a) Gaining some experience.
(b) Making a new life for himself.
(c) Earning a better living.
(d) Forgetting about his family.
3. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
4. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
(a) Draw out the court case, so the lawyers could earn a great deal of money.
(b) Find a way that all could benefit.
(c) Find a solution that would serve both parties and close the case quickly.
(d) Quit the case.
5. In order to bring about change in India in particular, the first such system he wanted to address was what?
(a) The one sanctioning the oppression of India's wealthy.
(b) The one sanctioning the oppression of anyone not of Indian descent.
(c) The one sanctioning the oppression of India's poorest classes.
(d) The one sanctioning the oppression of those Indians who were not Hindu.
Short Answer Questions
1. The remarkable thing about humanity, he says, is not its ability to shape our world, but ______________________.
2. How many years from that day did Gandhi's determination blossom into inspiration to organize his first mass non-violent resistance?
3. Gandhi found himself a solitary apartment and began by doing what?
4. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
5. Gandhi took this trip when he was in his ________________ year there in service to Dada Abdulla, and was riding in a first class compartment.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Imperialism put on trial?
2. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
3. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
4. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
5. What is one of Gandhi's most treasured meditations?
6. How does Easwaran closes this chapter?
7. Describe the importance of Gandhi's time with children.
8. After the discussion of family, what does Flinders discuss?
9. What is ahimsa?
10. What has the satyagrahi been able to see beyond?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)