|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
(a) Living healthfully.
(b) Living frugally.
(c) Living quietly.
(d) Living a life of solitude.
2. To direct the reader to the means to learning the answer, Nagler points to whom as the perfect man to tell Gandhi's life story?
(a) Gandhi's father.
(b) Gandhi's mother.
(c) Eknath Easwaran.
3. How did Gandhi react to this British passenger?
(a) He stood up in his seat.
(b) He laughed at him.
(c) He refused to move.
(d) He did as he asked.
4. Throughout these years of satyagraha in India, he continued to make friends and gain followers including who?
(a) The poor.
(b) The leaders of many nations.
(c) The British leaders.
(d) The wealthy and privileged Jawaharlal Nehru.
5. What did Gandhi call the Yeravda Prison?
(a) The Yeravda Home.
(b) The Yeravda Temple.
(c) The Yeravda Hell.
(d) The Yeravda Ashram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through a connection of his brother's, Gandhi was given a ____________ contract with a Muslim firm in South Africa to work what he thought would be a clerical position well below the dignity of his education.
2. What is Sevagram?
3. What did Gandhi's uncle suggest he do?
4. Gandhi acted out of compassion for both the British and the Indians for what reason?
5. Part of what made Gandhi so very winsome was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Easwaran open this chapter?
2. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
3. What intervened in Gandhi's life after graduation and his return to India?
4. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
5. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
6. With what was Gandhi confronted in South Africa? How did he deal with this?
7. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
8. What is ahimsa?
9. How was Imperialism put on trial?
10. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)