|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout these years of satyagraha in India, he continued to make friends and gain followers including who?
(a) The poor.
(b) The wealthy and privileged Jawaharlal Nehru.
(c) The leaders of many nations.
(d) The British leaders.
2. What is the only universal thing?
3. Through a connection of his brother's, Gandhi was given a ____________ contract with a Muslim firm in South Africa to work what he thought would be a clerical position well below the dignity of his education.
(b) Two-year long.
(c) Ten-year long.
(d) Five-year long.
4. Addressing the concept of ____________, Gandhi pleaded with the Indians that one cannot participate in such a system without becoming another of its victims and weakening the nation as a whole.
5. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
(a) Get off the train.
(b) Move to third class.
(c) Stand up.
(d) Go to the back of the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
2. Describe Gandhi's early time in England.
3. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
4. Gandhi found himself a solitary apartment and began by doing what?
5. How many satyagrahis were jailed at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Imperialism put on trial?
2. How is Gandhi irresistible to followers?
3. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
4. What happens when Gandhi meets the leader of the Transvaal government?
5. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
6. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
7. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
8. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
9. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
10. How does Gandhi deal with the Black Act?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)