|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years from that day did Gandhi's determination blossom into inspiration to organize his first mass non-violent resistance?
2. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
(a) Stand up.
(b) Go to the back of the car.
(c) Get off the train.
(d) Move to third class.
3. His discovery inspired him to finding more and more means to do what?
(a) Take on court cases.
(c) Work on more difficult cases.
(d) Earn more money.
4. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
(a) As long as they allow access to non-Hindus, then God was not present there.
(b) As long as they denied access to non-Indians, then God was not present there.
(c) As long as they listened to the British, then God was not present there.
(d) As long as they were complicit in denying untouchables access, then God was not present there either.
5. What did Gandhi call the Yeravda Prison?
(a) The Yeravda Temple.
(b) The Yeravda Ashram.
(c) The Yeravda Hell.
(d) The Yeravda Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi coined the word ____________ to describe the Dalits (the oppressed), to call them the children of God, in order to remind the higher classes that their actions toward the oppressed was a part of their worship of God.
2. Upon his return from his service to the British and witnessing the Zulu Rebellion, he discovered what about the Transvaal government?
3. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
4. What does this type of revolution mean?
5. He was such an irresistible fund-raiser for the oppressed in India that even who gave him money for his cause?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
2. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
3. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
4. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
5. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
6. What is ahimsa?
7. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
8. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
9. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
10. How does Gandhi deal with the Black Act?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)