|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man does everything in worship, Easwaran explains, everywhere he goes is what?
(a) His world.
(b) A temple.
(c) His family.
(d) His home.
2. What did Gandhi call the new form of resistance?
3. Gandhi found himself a solitary apartment and began by doing what?
(a) Hosting parties.
(b) Modeling himself after a fellow student whose poverty dictated that he cook his own meals and walk instead of paying for transportation.
(c) Looking for a roommate.
(d) Decorating it.
4. His discovery inspired him to finding more and more means to do what?
(a) Work on more difficult cases.
(b) Earn more money.
(c) Take on court cases.
5. Easwaran opens his chapter describing the Way of Love by recounting what story?
(a) A transformative trip Gandhi took by boat.
(b) A transformative trip Gandhi took by train.
(c) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to India.
(d) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
2. When were Gandhi and Kasturbai married?
3. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
4. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
5. Gandhi resolved to make a project of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
2. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
3. How did Gandhi find himself when he first arrived in England?
4. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
5. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
6. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
7. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
8. How was Imperialism put on trial?
9. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
10. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
This section contains 1,436 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)