|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
(a) Living a life of solitude.
(b) Living frugally.
(c) Living healthfully.
(d) Living quietly.
2. ________________ itself was on trial as Gandhi told about how the streets were filled with the starving and sick who became poorer and poorer while the British got rich from the labor of the Indians.
3. He instructed a group of Indians to gather in Johannesburg and determined that the most effective course would be for the whole Indian population simply to do what?
(a) Follow the instructions of those in charge in South Africa.
(b) Return to India.
(c) Retaliate violently.
(d) Resolve not to submit to unfair treatment and be ready for any consequence.
4. What is the only universal thing?
5. How successful was Gandhi in Bombay?
(a) Very successful.
(b) Somewhat successful.
(c) He did not practice law in Bombay.
(d) Not very successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi coined the word ____________ to describe the Dalits (the oppressed), to call them the children of God, in order to remind the higher classes that their actions toward the oppressed was a part of their worship of God.
2. In Gandhi's view of human evolution, he saw what as the dharma of modern human beings--as the central law of their being--and violence as the dharma of the animals of the jungle?
3. When were Gandhi and Kasturbai married?
4. The remarkable thing about humanity, he says, is not its ability to shape our world, but ______________________.
5. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
2. What did Gandhi do when his spirituality increased?
3. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
4. How was Imperialism put on trial?
5. What does Gandhi call the new form of resistance? What does it mean?
6. What intervened in Gandhi's life after graduation and his return to India?
7. What did Gandhi learn about the law while in South Africa?
8. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
9. What requires courage regarding this movement against the Black Act?
10. How does Gandhi deal with the Black Act?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)