|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gandhi's uncle suggest he do?
(a) Go to England to study medicine.
(b) Go to England to find work.
(c) Go to England to study religion.
(d) Go to England to study law.
2. Gandhi acted out of compassion for both the British and the Indians for what reason?
(a) To point out the flaws in their system.
(b) To point out how valuable both systems were.
(c) He loved both the British and Indian ideals.
(d) He was both British and Indian.
3. When a British passenger discovered him there, what did he demand that Gandhi do?
(a) Get off the train.
(b) Go to the back of the car.
(c) Move to third class.
(d) Stand up.
4. Describe Gandhi's early time in England.
(b) Incredibly lonely.
(c) A time of making new friends.
(d) Surprisingly exciting.
5. In the first chapter, Easwaran describes the contrast between Gandhi as a youth to what?
(a) Other students Gandhi's age.
(b) Gandhi's parents.
(c) Gandhi as the world-changing figure he was to become.
(d) Gandhi's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nagler cites all of the fields in which Gandhi inspired revolution, including economics, politics, philosophy and the science and art of _________.
2. What does this type of revolution mean?
3. Following a period of complete submission to all of the nuances of English dress and society, Gandhi concluded that the practice was doing what to him?
4. How successful was Gandhi in Bombay?
5. Throughout these years of satyagraha in India, he continued to make friends and gain followers including who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Salt Satyagraha of 1930?
2. How does Gandhi deal with the Black Act?
3. What is one of the most potent moments in Gandhi's life?
4. How was Imperialism put on trial?
5. How did Gandhi find himself when he first arrived in England?
6. What is ahimsa?
7. What requires courage regarding this movement against the Black Act?
8. How did Gandhi feel about volunteering? How did these feelings influence him?
9. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
10. How did Gandhi come to be married to Kasturbai?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)