|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He went into beautiful temples and told the people what?
(a) As long as they allow access to non-Hindus, then God was not present there.
(b) As long as they listened to the British, then God was not present there.
(c) As long as they were complicit in denying untouchables access, then God was not present there either.
(d) As long as they denied access to non-Indians, then God was not present there.
2. How does Gandhi plan on taking the lessons from the failures of his past?
(a) To not run from failure again.
(b) To stay away from anything that could cause failure.
(c) Be proud of his accomplishments and to forget his failures.
(d) To think of his family first.
3. Easwaran opens his chapter describing the Way of Love by recounting what story?
(a) A transformative trip Gandhi took by boat.
(b) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to India.
(c) A transformative trip Gandhi took by train.
(d) A transformative vacation Gandhi took to England.
4. What is the only universal thing?
5. How did Gandhi react to this British passenger?
(a) He stood up in his seat.
(b) He refused to move.
(c) He did as he asked.
(d) He laughed at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout these years of satyagraha in India, he continued to make friends and gain followers including who?
2. What manifested itself in proud and oppressive rule over Katurbai until her tender and forgiving example made her one of his most effective teachers?
3. The position was as Dada Abdulla's lawyer and a role as what?
4. Gandhi sulked in his homesickness until when?
5. ________________ itself was on trial as Gandhi told about how the streets were filled with the starving and sick who became poorer and poorer while the British got rich from the labor of the Indians.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Imperialism put on trial?
2. What does Gandhi's uncle do for him after high school?
3. What does Easwaran describe in the first chapter?
4. What is ahimsa?
5. What is Gandhi's reputation at this time in South Africa? Why?
6. What is the Black Act? What does Gandhi think of it?
7. How did Gandhi feel about English customs? What did he do with these feelings?
8. How does Gandhi go about changing India?
9. How did Gandhi find himself when he first arrived in England?
10. What was different about Gandhi's behavior compared to other men in his position?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)