|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through How Nonviolence Works.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He was so intimately involved and concerned with the intimate details of the worlds of the people who surrounded him that what happened?
(a) He could not help everyone.
(b) Not a single detail escaped his notice.
(c) He became overwhelmed.
(d) He was unable to keep track of the details.
2. Upon his return from his service to the British and witnessing the Zulu Rebellion, he discovered what about the Transvaal government?
(a) They had proposed the Black Act.
(b) They had created the Jim Crow Laws.
(c) They had proposed the White Act.
(d) They were fairly kind to the Indian population.
3. When Gandhi was asked to explain in three words the secret of his life, what did he say?
(a) Give to God.
(b) Renounce and enjoy.
(c) Peace, love, happiness.
(d) Love all others.
4. Weeks of more protest followed, as did hundreds more arrests, culminating at last with what?
(a) Gandhi's arrest.
(b) Kasturbai's arrest.
(c) Gandhi's death.
(d) The end to the protest.
5. Was Gandhi burdened by worry about what was to come?
(a) Yes, at times.
(c) Yes, somewhat.
(d) Yes, very much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing that his client was clearly right, and a long court battle would benefit no one but the lawyers, what was Gandhi determined to do?
2. What does Patanjali say?
3. Describe Gandhi's evening walks.
4. He was such an irresistible fund-raiser for the oppressed in India that even who gave him money for his cause?
5. The police reaction to the Indian response was what?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)