|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapter 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it important that Gandhi was considered "colored?"
(a) He was not of African descent.
(b) He was not allowed to ride on trains.
(c) He should not have been allowed to ride in first class.
(d) He was in the minority.
2. Nehru visited one day and argued against what?
(a) Another civil disobedience.
(b) Postponing the civil disobedience.
(c) Ending the civil disobedience.
(d) Extending the civil disobedience.
3. Jinnah declared what on August 16th?
(a) A "Direct Action Day."
(b) A "Hindu Day."
(c) A "Protest Day."
(d) A "Day of Peace."
4. Through the years, Gandhi had grown increasingly critical of what?
(a) The West.
(c) The East.
5. Gandhi returned to India to bring his wife and two sons back with him to South Africa. When their steamer and another from India arrived in South Africa, both filled with new Indian immigrants, they were at first not allowed to disembark. Why?
(a) The people felt Gandhi was encouraging more Indian immigration.
(b) They were ill.
(c) They did not want to live in South Africa.
(d) They did not have the appropriate documentation.
Short Answer Questions
1. After weeks of meditation, Gandhi informed the British Viceroy that civil disobedience would take place on what day, since he feared the promises for India's change of status would never be fulfilled?
2. A short time after the incident on the train, Gandhi gave his first major speech at a meeting of the Indians of Pretoria. What was the subject of the meeting?
3. Gandhi told the masses not to wear what?
4. How did the country feel about Gandhi living and conditions being improved for the Harijans?
5. These officials had gone over documents covering what?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)