|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapter 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a young boy, did Gandhi show proclivity towards school work?
2. Who took Gandhi's place and led a march to the salt works some 150 miles away?
(a) His son Harilal.
(b) His son Devdas.
(c) His son Ramdas.
(d) His son Manilal.
3. In May, what happened to Gandhi?
(a) He was again arrested and jailed.
(b) He gave power to his son.
(c) He fasted.
(d) He became ill.
4. What doid Nehru, who ridiculed Gandhi for fasting for the Harijan cause, do?
(a) He joined in the good will that is apparent everywhere.
(b) He ignored Gandhi.
(c) He began to fast.
(d) He protested Gandhi's actions.
5. Gandhi encouraged the Indians to observe what?
(a) A moment of silence.
(b) A hartal.
(c) Prayer time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ________ of 1946, an envoy of British officials came to India to settle the terms of its independence.
2. Persecution stemmed from what?
3. What could not be ignored, regarding Indian soldiers?
4. He often walked through slum areas where the local kids called him what?
5. Why were Gandhi and one of his sons and many other Indians arrested?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)