|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Chapter 27, 28 and 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Gandhi not eat until the next day?
(a) He had changes made in the agreement.
(b) He was not happy with the agreement.
(c) He was not hungry.
(d) When the plan was certified by the English.
2. On the way, Gandhi told who to make homemade clothing, reject alcohol and drugs, abandon child marriage and live pure lives?
(a) Village people they pass.
(b) His family members.
(c) All Hindus.
(d) His followers.
3. Why is the eating of meat so shocking?
(a) It is taboo in the Hindu religion.
(b) Meat is not available in India.
(c) Hindus do not like the taste of meat.
(d) Mohandas is allergic to meat.
4. To achieve success in South Africa, Gandhi's most effective tool was a unique creation of his own called what?
5. Gandhi expressed his rather unconventional thoughts on what in his first book, HIND SWARAJ OR INDIAN HOME RULE?
(c) Indian independence.
(d) Running a country.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1909, Gandhi got word to England about the treatment of the Indians in South Africa. He won the support of many of the ___________ of the country.
2. Clearing his mind and soul of personal needs and desires allowed him to do what?
3. During his time abroad, Gandhi's thirst for what grew?
4. Jawaharlal Nehru was emerging as a leader of who and was not in agreement with Gandhi on non-violent rebellion?
5. What did temples do for the untouchables?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)