|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Gandhi feel about his young marriage?
(a) He considered it to be exciting.
(b) He found it strange.
(c) He considered it to be wrong.
(d) He found it embarrassing.
2. As a child, what did Gandhi hide from his elders as much as possible?
(a) His rebellious and independent streak.
(b) His shy and obedient personality.
(c) His devious and sneaky behavior.
(d) His rude and annoying remarks.
3. How successful was Gandhi at learning English?
(c) He does not try to learn English.
(d) Not very.
4. A short time after the incident on the train, Gandhi gave his first major speech at a meeting of the Indians of Pretoria. What was the subject of the meeting?
(a) Discrimination against the Indians and other colored people by the white people.
(b) Finding affordable housing.
(c) Immigration to South Africa.
5. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The arrival.
(b) The birth.
(c) The death.
(d) The funeral procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gandhi learn from the incident involving his brother, Laxmidas?
2. Why was it important that Gandhi was considered "colored?"
3. When it was time to decide upon a career, Gandhi decided to become what?
4. Gandhi knew that prejudice could not be eradicated by what?
5. Those who adore Gandhi feel that his death leaves ___________ of mankind without a spokesman.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)