|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gandhi felt that becoming a better person led to what?
(a) A more religious life.
(b) A better life.
(c) A longer life.
(d) A safer life.
2. He traveled to what city where he enrolled in a three-year course of study?
(a) London, England.
(b) Liverpool, England.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Paris, France.
3. What did Gandhi learn from the incident involving his brother, Laxmidas?
(a) He never wanted to be part of the stressful and taxing government.
(b) He never wanted to be part of the pettiness and snobbery of the government.
(c) He wanted to be a part of the exciting new government.
(d) He did not want his brother to take part in the corrupt government.
4. Those who adore Gandhi feel that his death leaves ___________ of mankind without a spokesman.
(a) The conscience.
(b) The minorities.
(c) The poor.
(d) The majority.
5. What did Gandhi lose when he spoke to this group?
(a) His motivation.
(b) His train of thought.
(c) His shyness and inability to speak in public.
(d) His purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. The future of the 100,000 Indians in South Africa was in jeopardy. What does Gandhi decide to do?
2. How did Gandhi feel about his young marriage?
3. Gandhi had made "humility and truth more powerful than ______________."
4. Why was it important that Gandhi was considered "colored?"
5. What happened January 30, 1948?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)