|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he died, was Gandhi a private citizen with noteworthy professional achievement?
(a) Yes, a great deal.
(b) Yes, some.
(c) Yes, only later in his career.
2. Persecution stemmed from what?
(a) Lack of self-worth by the persecuted.
(b) Lack of self-worth by the whites.
(c) Lack of understanding by the majority.
(d) Lack of education of the persecuted.
3. Gandhi knew that prejudice could not be eradicated by what?
(b) Average citizens.
(c) The whites.
4. What did Gandhi learn from the incident involving his brother, Laxmidas?
(a) He did not want his brother to take part in the corrupt government.
(b) He never wanted to be part of the pettiness and snobbery of the government.
(c) He never wanted to be part of the stressful and taxing government.
(d) He wanted to be a part of the exciting new government.
5. Gandhi's philosophy was that for Indians to be treated fairly, they needed to do what?
(a) Attack government officials.
(b) Leave South Africa.
(c) Improve themselves and discard any bad habits.
(d) Become wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through parental arrangement, Mohandas married his life-long wife Kasturbai. How old were they when they married?
2. When it was time to decide upon a career, Gandhi decided to become what?
3. What emerged during the meeting?
4. During his time abroad, Gandhi's thirst for what grew?
5. The future of the 100,000 Indians in South Africa was in jeopardy. What does Gandhi decide to do?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)