|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his time abroad, Gandhi's thirst for what grew?
(d) Religious knowledge.
2. What emerged during the meeting?
(a) Gandhi's friends.
(b) Gandhi's enemies.
(c) Gandhi's leadership qualities.
(d) Gandhi's philosophies.
3. Near the holy waters of Jumna, outside New Delhi, a million people wait in the oppressive heat for ___________ of the Mahatma, Mohandas K. Gandhi.
(a) The death.
(b) The birth.
(c) The funeral procession.
(d) The arrival.
4. What happened January 30, 1948?
(a) Kasurbai died.
(b) Gandhi was injured.
(c) Gandhi was assassinated.
(d) Gandhi began a fast to the death.
5. When it was time to decide upon a career, Gandhi decided to become what?
(a) A politician.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) An accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his youth, Mohandas privately rejected what although he returned to it later in life?
2. Gandhi returned to India to bring his wife and two sons back with him to South Africa. When their steamer and another from India arrived in South Africa, both filled with new Indian immigrants, they were at first not allowed to disembark. Why?
3. What did Gandhi lose when he spoke to this group?
4. As a young boy, did Gandhi show proclivity towards school work?
5. While riding on a train from Maritzburg, what did an English man do?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)