|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clearing his mind and soul of personal needs and desires allowed him to do what?
(a) Work for the common welfare.
(b) Be a better father.
(c) Stay peaceful.
(d) Be careless.
2. Gandhi was offered a position as a lawyer in _________ which he accepted.
(a) South Africa.
(b) South America.
3. Gandhi secretly ate meat for what reason?
(a) He likes the taste of it.
(b) To fit in.
(c) He is rebellious.
(d) To gain size.
4. When Gandhi returned to India, what did he learn?
(a) His brother is missing.
(b) His wife is missing.
(c) His mother died.
(d) His father died.
5. How successful was Gandhi at learning English?
(a) Not very.
(d) He does not try to learn English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bramacharya included restraint in what?
2. Gandhi's philosophy was that for Indians to be treated fairly, they needed to do what?
3. Did the government follow through with its agreement to make the registration voluntary?
4. Gandhi was born in ____________ on October 2, 1869, a small seaside home on the Kathiawar Peninsula in western Indian.
5. The future of the 100,000 Indians in South Africa was in jeopardy. What does Gandhi decide to do?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)