|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who adore Gandhi feel that his death leaves ___________ of mankind without a spokesman.
(a) The minorities.
(b) The poor.
(c) The majority.
(d) The conscience.
2. Gandhi encouraged the Indians to do what around Transvaal, the city forbidden to unregistered Indians?
(c) Walk freely.
3. In 1909, Gandhi got word to England about the treatment of the Indians in South Africa. He won the support of many of the ___________ of the country.
(d) Members of Parliament.
4. Clearing his mind and soul of personal needs and desires allowed him to do what?
(a) Be careless.
(b) Stay peaceful.
(c) Be a better father.
(d) Work for the common welfare.
5. He traveled to what city where he enrolled in a three-year course of study?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Liverpool, England.
(c) London, England.
(d) Dublin, Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although later touting full independence, Gandhi went through a stage when he saw India on a par with what countries?
2. Gandhi felt that becoming a better person led to what?
3. What happened in 1906?
4. During his time abroad, Gandhi's thirst for what grew?
5. Prior to this period, at the beginning of the 20th century, what had begun to emerge?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)