|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When violence broke out, who did the Viceroy blame?
(a) The Moslems.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The Hindus.
2. Gandhi spent the next _______ years in an ashram.
3. Nehru visited one day and argued against what?
(a) Ending the civil disobedience.
(b) Extending the civil disobedience.
(c) Another civil disobedience.
(d) Postponing the civil disobedience.
4. What is the ashram?
(a) A cult.
(b) An Indian commune.
(c) A religious retreat for a monk.
(d) A hotel.
5. The Indians had expected a charismatic return of a new leader based on what?
(a) His work in Africa.
(b) His work in India.
(c) His behavior in London.
(d) His success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi urged that Indian freedom was dependent upon what?
2. Gandhi had discussions about what with the jailed and jailer alike?
3. A week after Gandhi returned, what happened to him?
4. With what was Fischer amazed, regarding Gandhi?
5. A sharecropper asked Gandhi to help the people in his region of what country?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)