|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 24, 25 and 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Was Gandhi able to meet Churchill?
(b) No, Churchill was ill.
(c) No, Churchill refused to see him.
(d) No, Churchill was out of the country.
2. The Indians had expected a charismatic return of a new leader based on what?
(a) His success.
(b) His work in Africa.
(c) His work in India.
(d) His behavior in London.
3. A sharecropper asked Gandhi to help the people in his region of what country?
(c) Sri Lanka.
4. The author of the book, Louis Fischer, visits Gandhi where?
(a) In Bombay.
(b) In South Africa.
(c) In his ashram.
(d) In his apartment.
5. By the time Nehru left the ashram, Fischer could detect that Nehru was being won over, later becoming a stronger advocate of____________ than Gandhi himself.
(a) Ending the civil disobedience.
(b) Shortening the civil disobedience.
(c) Lessening the civil disobedience.
(d) The civil disobedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. He often walked through slum areas where the local kids called him what?
2. On February 22nd, Gandhi's dear wife, Kasturbai, died in prison, her head on his lap. From that time until his death, how did he honor her?
3. Gandhi received the title of Mahatma from whom?
4. A week after Gandhi returned, what happened to him?
5. With whom did Gandhi live?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)