|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
(b) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(c) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
(d) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
2. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She boiled the animal.
(b) She put it in a swimming pool.
(c) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(d) She llit the animal on fire.
3. When someone says goodnight to Beatrice at the beginning of Act 2, what name does she call her?
(a) Betty the Loon.
(b) Babyface Betty.
(c) Butterfly Betty.
(d) Betty Butterfingers.
4. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drama Queen.
(b) Daisy Lips.
(c) Drop Dead Diva.
(d) Devil's Kiss.
5. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
2. During Tillie's science presentation, she appears:
3. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
4. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
5. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)