|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(b) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(c) To get her out of the house.
(d) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(b) Cough syrup.
(c) Iced tea..
3. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A horse.
4. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Disappointed and shocked.
(b) Jubilant and giddy.
(c) Belligerent and drunk.
(d) Enthusiastic and proud.
5. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
2. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
3. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
5. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)