|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(b) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(c) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(d) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
2. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(b) She dies.
(c) She buries the cat.
(d) She settles down after a seizure.
3. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
(b) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
4. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
(b) "I've come up with zero."
(c) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
(d) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
5. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, that's MY dress.
(b) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
(c) Mama, take off those feathers.
(d) Mama, you look beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character makes this statement: "Someday I'm going to write a book and blast that school to pieces."
2. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
4. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
5. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)