|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(b) Beatrice and Nanny.
(c) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
(d) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
2. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I hated my father."
(b) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(c) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
(d) I was a shy as a church mouse."
3. What is Beatrice's last name?
4. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
(c) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(d) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
5. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She llit the animal on fire.
(b) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(c) She put it in a swimming pool.
(d) She boiled the animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
2. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
3. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
4. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
5. Who wins at the science fair?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)