|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the character below who makes the following statement in Act 2: "I hate the world."
2. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(b) Wearing a fur coat.
(c) Wearing a business suit.
(d) Wearing a ballgown.
3. There is a last-minute change in plans before the science fair. What happens?
(a) Beatrice forbids Tillie from attending.
(b) Tillie decides she can't face the students who teased her and decides to stay home.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth she can't go, then she changes her mind and says she'll stay home instead.
(d) Ruth changes her mind and decides not to go because she wants to take care of Nanny.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(a) Iced tea.
5. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
2. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
3. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
4. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
5. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)