|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
(b) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(c) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
(d) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
2. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(b) Coffee with cream.
(c) Hot water and honey.
(d) A chocolate milkshake.
3. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
4. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(d) Miss Hanley.
5. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
2. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
4. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
5. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)