|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
2. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
(a) They are more interesting than rabbits.
(b) A day will come when they are extinct.
(c) They are misunderstood and potentially dangerous when tampered with by humans.
(d) A day will come when their power will change the world.
3. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(b) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(c) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(d) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
4. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be angelic.
(b) She almost appears to be confident.
(c) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(d) She almost appears to be sinister.
5. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(a) The family pet.
(b) Nanny's cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
3. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
4. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
5. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)