|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
(a) Part of her speech is reverberated electronically and deep pulses of music are added as the light focuses on Tillie's face.
(b) Beatrice's voice is intertwined with Tillie's as the sound of horses trotting can be heard in the background.
(c) Her voice is distorted and she sounds like an old woman.
(d) The sound of cats meowing is heard over the sound system, followed by the ringing of bells.
2. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(d) Cell phones.
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She does not want to call the doctor.
(b) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(c) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
(d) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A saint.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A model citizen.
5. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Gave off a foul scent.
(b) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
(c) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(d) Grew ten feet in height.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
2. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
3. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
4. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
5. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)