|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(b) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(d) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
2. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A gerbil.
(b) A snake.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A rabbit.
4. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
(b) Janice Vickery.
5. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
(b) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
(c) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(d) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
3. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
4. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
5. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)