|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(c) Rummages through drawers.
(d) Throws clothes onto tables.
2. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
3. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
(b) Mr. Goodman.
4. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(b) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
(c) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
(d) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
5. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(b) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
(c) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
(d) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
2. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
3. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
4. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
5. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)