|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(c) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(d) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
2. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(b) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(c) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
3. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
4. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Rummages through drawers.
(c) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(d) Throws clothes onto tables.
5. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(b) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(c) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(d) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
4. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)