|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
2. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is a sweet girl.
(b) She is a mean girl.
(c) She is not a pretty girl.
(d) She is a pretty girl.
3. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
(a) She sprayed the marigolds with chemicals.
(b) She wrote the titles on the screen.
(c) She boiled the rabbit.
(d) She measured the half-life of radioactive elements.
4. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(b) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(c) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
(d) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
5. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has frequent nightmares.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She has an eating disorder.
(d) She is unable to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
2. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
3. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
4. Who wins at the science fair?
5. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)