|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
(a) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to ask if they would accept the donation of a rabbit to their science department."
(b) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to recommend that they expel Janice Vickery this instant."
(c) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for giving her daughter a reason to smile."
(d) "Tell them Mrs. Hunsdorfer called to thank them for making her wish she was dead."
2. During the final portion of Tillie's science presentation, what special effect is used?
(a) The sound of cats meowing is heard over the sound system, followed by the ringing of bells.
(b) Beatrice's voice is intertwined with Tillie's as the sound of horses trotting can be heard in the background.
(c) Part of her speech is reverberated electronically and deep pulses of music are added as the light focuses on Tillie's face.
(d) Her voice is distorted and she sounds like an old woman.
3. Of the events below, which one does NOT take place in Act 2?
(a) Nanny's daughter comes to remove her from the Hunsdorfer home.
(b) Tillie plants marigold seeds in the backyard.
(c) Beatrice opens a tea shop in her home.
(d) Ruth has a seizure.
4. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(b) Hot water and honey.
(c) A chocolate milkshake.
(d) Coffee with cream.
5. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her sister needed her.
(b) Her skull was growing.
(c) Her legs hurt.
(d) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth feed Peter?
2. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
5. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)