|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters argue prior to the science fair?
(a) Ruth and Nanny.
(b) Beatrice and Ruth.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Nanny and Tillie.
2. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
(c) Pop music.
3. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
4. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(b) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
(c) "I hated my father."
(d) I was a shy as a church mouse."
5. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(b) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(c) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(d) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
2. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
3. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
4. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
5. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)