|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is taking care of Nanny.
(d) She is traveling with her mother.
2. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(a) Newspapers and junk.
(d) Flower pots.
3. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice rips the newspaper off the windows.
(b) Beatrice lets the horses out of the barn.
(c) Beatrice plants marigolds in the garden.
(d) Beatrice sets the kitchen on fire.
4. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
5. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be angelic.
(b) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(c) She almost appears to be confident.
(d) She almost appears to be sinister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
2. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
4. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
5. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)