|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(b) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(c) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(d) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
2. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Betty the Loon.
(b) Betty Butterfingers.
(c) Babyface Betty.
(d) Butterfly Betty.
3. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
(b) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(c) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(d) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
4. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
(b) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
(c) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
(d) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
5. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Grooming a horse.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Applying lipstick.
(d) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
2. How did the science experiment make Tillie feel?
3. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
4. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
5. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)