|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
(b) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
(c) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(d) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
2. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
(b) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(c) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(d) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(b) Miss Torgersen.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
4. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) A cat's meow.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A gong.
5. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Hot water.
(b) Plant food.
(c) Nail polish remover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
2. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
3. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
4. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
5. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)