|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(b) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
2. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(d) Mr. Goodman.
3. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(b) Sodium hydroxide.
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(b) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(c) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
5. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(c) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(d) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
2. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
3. Ruth has one of the following problems:
4. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
5. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)