|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
(a) Elizabeth Staub.
(b) Kitty Smith.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Amanda Peters.
2. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A box of marigold plants.
(b) A hamster in a cage.
(c) A report card.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
3. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, did you get your hair done?
(b) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
(c) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
(d) Mother, could I have some tea?
4. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
5. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(b) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(c) Vibrant and beautiful.
(d) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character breaks down in tears before the science fair?
2. Who is Mr. Mayo?
3. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
4. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)