|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(b) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
2. What does Ruth feed Peter?
3. When does Act 2 take place in time sequence following the last scene in Act 1?
(a) Two weeks later.
(b) Two minutes later.
(c) Two hours later.
(d) Two years later.
4. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Dr. Berg.
5. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Give them $20.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Make rabbit stew.
(d) Report them to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
4. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)