|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(a) Newspapers and junk.
(c) Flower pots.
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her skull was growing.
(b) Her sister needed her.
(c) Her legs hurt.
(d) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
3. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(b) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(c) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(d) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
4. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
(c) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
(d) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
5. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
(a) Bury it in the backyard.
(b) Take a picture of it.
(c) Give it to Ruth.
(d) Play with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
2. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
3. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
4. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
5. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)