|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
(a) She put it in a swimming pool.
(b) She boiled the animal.
(c) She exposed the animal to cobalt-60.
(d) She llit the animal on fire.
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(b) Her skull was growing.
(c) Her sister needed her.
(d) Her legs hurt.
3. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
4. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Jealousy and anger.
(b) Pride and enthusiasm.
(c) Scorn and disrespect.
(d) Fear and loathing.
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(b) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(c) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
2. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
3. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)