|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth feed Peter?
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(b) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(c) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(d) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
3. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(c) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(d) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
4. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(b) She is taking care of Nanny.
(c) She is traveling with her mother.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
(c) The family pet.
(d) Nanny's cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
3. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
4. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
5. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)