|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
2. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
(b) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
(c) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(d) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
3. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) Are you deaf?
(b) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(c) What's the matter with you?
(d) Well, who won?
4. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(b) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
(c) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
(d) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
5. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
(b) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(d) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
2. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
3. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
4. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
5. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)