|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A report card.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A box of marigold plants.
(d) A hamster in a cage.
2. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A dog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A cat.
(d) A lamb.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Beatrice and Nanny.
(b) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(c) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(d) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
4. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is an A-student.
(b) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
(c) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
(d) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
(d) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
3. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
4. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
5. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)