|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
2. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(b) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(c) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(d) To get her out of the house.
3. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
(b) Pop music.
4. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
(d) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
2. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
3. What does Tillie finally decide to do with the rabbit in Act 2?
4. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
5. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)