|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
2. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
3. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
(a) Always growing flowers.
(b) Always trying to make a better life for her girls.
(c) Always trying to get somewhere, like a great big bird.
(d) Always smoking.
4. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) Well, who won?
(b) Are you deaf?
(c) What's the matter with you?
(d) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
5. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Betty Butterfingers.
(b) Betty the Loon.
(c) Babyface Betty.
(d) Butterfly Betty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
2. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
3. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)