|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "I hate the world."
(b) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
(c) "Life is what you make it."
(d) "What a beautiful world."
2. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has frequent nightmares.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She has an eating disorder.
(d) She is unable to read.
3. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(c) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
4. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A family farm.
(d) A three-ring circus.
5. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) Equestrian clothing.
(b) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(d) A swimsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
2. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
3. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
4. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
5. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)