|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Miss Hanley.
(c) Chris Burns.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
2. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Manic and cruel.
(b) Sad and empathetic.
(c) Peaceful and diplomatic.
(d) Frightened and shy.
3. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
4. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
5. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The science fair.
(b) The football field.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The Hunsdorfers' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
2. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
3. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
4. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
5. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)