|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(c) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A horse.
3. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(a) Dr. Berg.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
4. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(b) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(c) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(d) She flings her glass on the floor.
5. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(b) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(c) Vibrant and beautiful.
(d) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
3. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
4. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
5. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)