|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(b) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(c) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(c) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
3. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Set off firecrackers.
(b) Ride a horse backwards.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Boat without a life jacket.
4. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is an A-student.
(b) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
(c) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(d) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
5. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(c) Cell phones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
2. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
4. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)