|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(b) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(c) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
2. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(a) Miss Torgersen.
(b) Dr. Berg.
3. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drop Dead Diva.
(b) Daisy Lips.
(c) Devil's Kiss.
(d) Drama Queen.
4. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has frequent nightmares.
(b) She has an eating disorder.
(c) She has severe leg pain.
(d) She is unable to read.
5. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
2. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
4. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)