|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(b) Ruth's gym teacher.
(c) Nanny's late husband.
(d) Beatrice's father.
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Ride a horse backwards.
(b) Boat without a life jacket.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Set off firecrackers.
3. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She flings her glass on the floor.
(b) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(c) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(d) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A report card.
(d) A box of marigold plants.
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
2. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
3. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
4. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
5. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)