|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To get her out of the house.
(b) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(c) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(d) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
2. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
(a) A social studies project.
(b) A music project.
(c) A science project.
(d) A language arts project.
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(b) Flower pots.
(c) Newspapers and junk.
5. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
3. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
4. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
5. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)