|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A gerbil.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A snake.
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(c) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(d) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
3. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
4. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(b) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
(c) Vibrant and beautiful.
(d) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A pair of eyeglasses.
(d) A handbag.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
2. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
4. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
5. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)