|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
(b) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
(c) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(d) Ruth is an A-student.
2. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) Equestrian clothing.
(d) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(c) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(d) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
4. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Elder abuse.
(c) Real estate listings.
(d) Teenage drinking.
5. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Jealousy and anger.
(b) Pride and enthusiasm.
(c) Scorn and disrespect.
(d) Fear and loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
2. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
3. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)