|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A three-ring circus.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A family farm.
2. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
4. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Coffee with cream.
(b) Whiskey and water.
(c) A chocolate milkshake.
(d) Hot water and honey.
5. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
(b) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
(c) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(d) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
3. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
4. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
5. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)