|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(d) Cell phones.
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(c) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(d) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(b) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(c) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(b) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(c) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(b) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
(c) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
(d) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
2. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
3. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
4. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
5. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)