|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(a) Dr. Berg.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
2. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(b) Real estate.
4. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Miss Torgersen.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
5. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A zombie.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A saint.
(d) A model citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
2. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
3. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
4. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
5. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)