|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
2. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(b) "I hated my father."
(c) I was a shy as a church mouse."
(d) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
3. What substance does Nanny spill?
(b) Nail polish remover.
(c) Plant food.
(d) Hot water.
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is a mean girl.
(b) She is a pretty girl.
(c) She is not a pretty girl.
(d) She is a sweet girl.
5. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) Jean overalls.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) An evening gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
2. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
3. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
5. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)