|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Torgersen.
3. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Groom the horses.
(b) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(c) Clean up animal waste.
(d) Water the marigolds.
4. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(b) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(c) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
5. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of honey.
(b) A pot of coffee.
(c) A pot of marigolds.
(d) A pot of boiling water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
2. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
3. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
4. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
5. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)