|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(b) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
2. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
3. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Scorn and disrespect.
(c) Jealousy and anger.
(d) Pride and enthusiasm.
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(b) He was cruel and abusive.
(c) He smoked like a chimney.
(d) He made up for all the other men in the world.
5. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(b) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(c) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(d) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
2. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
4. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
5. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)