|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She is taking care of Nanny.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is traveling with her mother.
(d) She has ringworm and gangrene.
2. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A snake.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A rabbit.
3. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A ferret.
4. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(b) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
4. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
5. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)