|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) Equestrian clothing.
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(d) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
(b) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(c) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(d) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He was cruel and abusive.
(b) He smoked like a chimney.
(c) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(d) He made up for all the other men in the world.
5. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. Ruth has one of the following problems:
3. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
4. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
5. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)