|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Torgersen.
2. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
(b) Pop music.
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(b) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
4. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(b) Ruth's gym teacher.
(c) Beatrice's father.
(d) Nanny's late husband.
5. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(c) Dr. Berg.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
3. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
4. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
5. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)