|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She is half a test tube.
(b) She is the prettiest girl.
(c) She hardly says a word.
(d) She isn't a pretty girl.
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(b) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(c) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
3. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
4. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A snake.
5. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(b) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(c) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(d) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
4. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
5. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)