|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(b) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(c) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
2. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(b) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(c) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(d) She flings her glass on the floor.
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(b) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
(c) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A carton of cigarettes.
(b) A hamster in a cage.
(c) A box of marigold plants.
(d) A report card.
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Planting marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
2. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
3. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
4. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
5. Who is Mr. Mayo?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)