|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(a) Cell phones.
3. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A field of marigolds.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A school gymnasium.
(d) A dark room of wood.
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A model citizen.
(b) A saint.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A criminal.
5. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Plant food.
(b) Nail polish remover.
(c) Hot water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
2. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
3. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
4. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
5. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)