|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her attendance record.
(b) Her sister's test scores.
(c) Her history file.
(d) Her report card.
2. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(b) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(c) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
(d) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
3. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
(a) To order marigold seeds.
(b) To express her concern about the marigold seeds her daughter Tillie brought home from school.
(c) To discuss Nanny's health with a physician.
(d) To enroll in a real estate course.
4. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
5. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(d) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
3. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
5. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)