|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(b) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(c) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(d) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A dark room of wood.
(b) A field of marigolds.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A school gymnasium.
3. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(b) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(c) He was cruel and abusive.
(d) He smoked like a chimney.
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(b) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(c) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(d) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
5. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of a swimming pool.
(b) A model of an atom.
(c) A model of a vegetable farm.
(d) A model of a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
2. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
3. Who is Mr. Mayo?
4. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)