|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(b) Equestrian clothing.
(c) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(d) A swimsuit.
2. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees a rat and screams.
(b) She shoots the horses.
(c) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(d) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
3. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
4. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(d) Cell phones.
5. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(b) The horses were let out of the stable.
(c) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
(d) Tillie's absence from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
3. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
4. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
5. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)