|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
(a) To order marigold seeds.
(b) To discuss Nanny's health with a physician.
(c) To express her concern about the marigold seeds her daughter Tillie brought home from school.
(d) To enroll in a real estate course.
2. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(d) Iced tea.
3. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) Jean overalls.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) An evening gown.
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her history file.
(b) Her attendance record.
(c) Her sister's test scores.
(d) Her report card.
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
2. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
3. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
4. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
5. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)