|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(b) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(c) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
(d) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
2. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She hardly says a word.
(b) She isn't a pretty girl.
(c) She is the prettiest girl.
(d) She is half a test tube.
3. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees a rat and screams.
(b) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(c) She shoots the horses.
(d) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
4. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) A little housecleaning.
(c) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(d) Planting marigolds.
5. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
(a) To enroll in a real estate course.
(b) To express her concern about the marigold seeds her daughter Tillie brought home from school.
(c) To discuss Nanny's health with a physician.
(d) To order marigold seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
5. Nanny is also described as:
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)