|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A dark room of wood.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A field of marigolds.
(d) A school gymnasium.
3. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(b) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(c) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(d) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
4. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(b) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
(c) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(d) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
3. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
4. Nanny is also described as:
5. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)