|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He smoked like a chimney.
(b) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(c) He was cruel and abusive.
(d) He made up for all the other men in the world.
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(d) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
3. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Scorn and disrespect.
(c) Jealousy and anger.
(d) Pride and enthusiasm.
4. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Tillie's absence from school.
(b) The horses were let out of the stable.
(c) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(d) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
5. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(c) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)