|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(b) A swimsuit.
(d) Equestrian clothing.
2. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of an atom.
(b) A model of a house.
(c) A model of a swimming pool.
(d) A model of a vegetable farm.
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Grooming a horse.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Applying lipstick.
(d) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
4. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Tillie's room.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To Beatrice's room.
(d) To Nanny's room.
5. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(b) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(c) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(d) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
3. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
4. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
5. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)