|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Nanny's late husband.
(b) Beatrice's father.
(c) Ruth's gym teacher.
(d) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
2. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
3. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Pride and enthusiasm.
(b) Fear and loathing.
(c) Scorn and disrespect.
(d) Jealousy and anger.
4. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(b) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(d) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
5. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her attendance record.
(b) Her history file.
(c) Her report card.
(d) Her sister's test scores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
3. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
5. What is Beatrice's last name?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)