|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Clean up animal waste.
(b) Groom the horses.
(c) Water the marigolds.
(d) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
2. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Vibrant and beautiful.
(b) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(c) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
(d) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
3. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Beatrice's father.
(b) Ruth's gym teacher.
(c) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(d) Nanny's late husband.
4. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I hated my father."
(b) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(c) I was a shy as a church mouse."
(d) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
5. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
2. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
4. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
5. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)