|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(c) Grooming a horse.
(d) Planting marigolds.
2. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
(b) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(c) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(d) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(b) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(c) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(d) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of honey.
(b) A pot of marigolds.
(c) A pot of boiling water.
(d) A pot of coffee.
5. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Boat without a life jacket.
(c) Set off firecrackers.
(d) Ride a horse backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
2. Nanny is best described as:
3. Ruth has one of the following problems:
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)