|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Miss Torgersen.
2. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A zombie.
(b) A model citizen.
(c) A saint.
(d) A criminal.
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(b) Chloroform it.
(c) Put lipstick on it.
(d) Dress it up in baby clothes.
4. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(c) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(d) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
5. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(b) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(c) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
(d) Vibrant and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
2. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
3. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
5. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)