|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He smoked like a chimney.
(b) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(c) He was cruel and abusive.
(d) He made up for all the other men in the world.
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(b) Iced tea.
4. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(b) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(c) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(d) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
5. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
2. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
3. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
5. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)