|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her history file.
(b) Her report card.
(c) Her sister's test scores.
(d) Her attendance record.
3. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
(b) Equestrian clothing.
(d) A swimsuit.
4. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Elder abuse.
(c) Teenage drinking.
(d) Real estate listings.
5. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
(b) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
(c) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(d) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
2. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
3. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
4. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)