|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(d) Iced tea.
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Torgersen.
4. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She isn't a pretty girl.
(b) She hardly says a word.
(c) She is the prettiest girl.
(d) She is half a test tube.
5. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(b) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(c) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(d) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
3. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
4. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
5. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)