|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
2. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(b) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
3. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Nanny's room.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To Tillie's room.
(d) To Beatrice's room.
4. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(b) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
(c) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(d) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
5. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(b) Applying lipstick.
(c) Grooming a horse.
(d) Planting marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
4. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)