|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She is unable to read.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She has frequent nightmares.
(d) She has an eating disorder.
3. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
4. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(b) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(c) She shoots the horses.
(d) She sees a rat and screams.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(b) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(c) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
3. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
4. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)