|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is not a pretty girl.
(b) She is a pretty girl.
(c) She is a mean girl.
(d) She is a sweet girl.
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Ride a horse backwards.
(b) Set off firecrackers.
(c) Boat without a life jacket.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
3. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
(b) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
(c) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(d) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
4. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) An evening gown.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) Jean overalls.
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A carton of cigarettes.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A hamster in a cage.
(d) A report card.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
3. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
4. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)