|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is not a pretty girl.
(b) She is a pretty girl.
(c) She is a mean girl.
(d) She is a sweet girl.
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(b) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(c) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(d) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(b) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(c) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(d) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He was cruel and abusive.
(b) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(c) He smoked like a chimney.
(d) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
5. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(b) The flashlight and the candles.
(c) The horses and the rats.
(d) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
2. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
4. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
5. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)