|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(b) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(c) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(d) She flings her glass on the floor.
2. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
(a) Crashes of thunder.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) An ambulance siren.
(d) A person whistling.
3. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(b) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(c) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(d) To get her out of the house.
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her sister needed her.
(b) Her skull was growing.
(c) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(d) Her legs hurt.
5. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Vibrant and beautiful.
(b) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(c) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(d) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
4. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
5. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)