|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees a rat and screams.
(b) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(c) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(d) She shoots the horses.
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(a) Iced tea..
(b) Cough syrup.
3. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(b) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(c) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
2. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
3. What substance does Nanny spill?
4. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
5. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)