|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
3. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Iced tea.
4. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A three-ring circus.
(d) A family farm.
5. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(b) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(c) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
4. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
5. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)