|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
2. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The horses and the rats.
(b) The flashlight and the candles.
(c) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
(d) The rabbit and the marigolds.
3. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A school play.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) A science assembly.
(d) A pep rally.
4. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
(b) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
(c) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
(d) "I've come up with zero."
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A report card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
2. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
3. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
4. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
5. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)