|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her attendance record.
(b) Her report card.
(c) Her sister's test scores.
(d) Her history file.
2. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(d) Mr. Goodman.
3. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(b) Hot water and honey.
(c) Coffee with cream.
(d) A chocolate milkshake.
4. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(b) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(c) To get her out of the house.
(d) To be sure that she was taken care of.
5. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(c) Cough syrup.
(d) Iced tea..
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
2. Nanny is also described as:
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
4. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
5. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)