|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
(b) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(c) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(d) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
2. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A family farm.
(c) A three-ring circus.
(d) A nursing home.
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A carton of cigarettes.
(b) A report card.
(c) A hamster in a cage.
(d) A box of marigold plants.
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A criminal.
(b) A saint.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A model citizen.
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Torgersen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
2. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
3. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
5. Ruth has one of the following problems:
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)