|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(b) Iced tea..
(d) Cough syrup.
2. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(b) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(c) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(d) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
3. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
4. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A three-ring circus.
(d) A family farm.
5. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A horse.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
4. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)