|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
2. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I hated my father."
(b) I was a shy as a church mouse."
(c) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
(d) "I had more nerve than a bear."
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(b) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(c) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(b) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(c) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(d) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
2. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
5. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)