|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(b) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
2. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Beatrice's room.
(b) To Tillie's room.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To Nanny's room.
3. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
(a) A science project.
(b) A social studies project.
(c) A music project.
(d) A language arts project.
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her sister needed her.
(b) Her legs hurt.
(c) Her skull was growing.
(d) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
5. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(b) Dr. Berg.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
3. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
4. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)