|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Beatrice's father.
(b) Nanny's late husband.
(c) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(d) Ruth's gym teacher.
2. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(b) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(b) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(c) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(c) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(d) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
5. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
2. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
4. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
5. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)