|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
2. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(c) Real estate.
4. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
(b) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
(c) "I've come up with zero."
(d) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
5. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(b) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(c) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
(d) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
5. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)