|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(b) She flings her glass on the floor.
(c) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(d) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(c) Iced tea..
(d) Cough syrup.
3. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(b) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(c) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(d) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
4. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Beatrice's room.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To Nanny's room.
(d) To Tillie's room.
5. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(c) Dr. Berg.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
2. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
5. Nanny is also described as:
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)