|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A family farm.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A three-ring circus.
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(d) Grooming a horse.
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A carton of cigarettes.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A report card.
(d) A hamster in a cage.
4. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A pair of eyeglasses.
(b) A handbag.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A spoon.
5. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is a sweet girl.
(b) She is a pretty girl.
(c) She is a mean girl.
(d) She is not a pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
4. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
5. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)