|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Janice Vickery.
2. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(d) A little housecleaning.
3. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(b) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
4. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
5. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She hardly says a word.
(b) She is half a test tube.
(c) She isn't a pretty girl.
(d) She is the prettiest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. What is Beatrice's last name?
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
4. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
5. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)