|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A pair of eyeglasses.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A handbag.
(d) A spoon.
2. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
3. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(a) Miss Torgersen.
(c) Dr. Berg.
4. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has severe leg pain.
(b) She has frequent nightmares.
(c) She has an eating disorder.
(d) She is unable to read.
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A report card.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
4. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
5. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)