|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Put lipstick on it.
(b) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(c) Chloroform it.
(d) Dress it up in baby clothes.
2. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) Jean overalls.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) A bathrobe.
3. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) A three-ring circus.
(c) A family farm.
(d) A concentration camp.
4. Nanny is best described as:
5. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(b) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(c) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(d) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
2. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
3. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
4. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
5. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)