|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
2. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Pride and enthusiasm.
(b) Jealousy and anger.
(c) Fear and loathing.
(d) Scorn and disrespect.
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(b) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(c) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
(d) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
4. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
5. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She isn't a pretty girl.
(b) She is half a test tube.
(c) She is the prettiest girl.
(d) She hardly says a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
2. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
3. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
4. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
5. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)