|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Whiskey and water.
(b) Coffee with cream.
(c) Hot water and honey.
(d) A chocolate milkshake.
2. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A pair of eyeglasses.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A handbag.
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He was cruel and abusive.
(b) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(c) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(d) He smoked like a chimney.
5. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(b) Tillie's absence from school.
(c) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
(d) The horses were let out of the stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
4. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)