|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drop Dead Diva.
(b) Drama Queen.
(c) Devil's Kiss.
(d) Daisy Lips.
2. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Nanny's late husband.
(b) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(c) Ruth's gym teacher.
(d) Beatrice's father.
3. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(b) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(c) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
4. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She is half a test tube.
(b) She isn't a pretty girl.
(c) She is the prettiest girl.
(d) She hardly says a word.
5. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has frequent nightmares.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She has an eating disorder.
(d) She is unable to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. Nanny is also described as:
4. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
5. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)