|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A pair of eyeglasses.
(d) A handbag.
2. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Miss Torgersen.
3. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A dark room of wood.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A field of marigolds.
(d) A school gymnasium.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of honey.
(b) A pot of coffee.
(c) A pot of marigolds.
(d) A pot of boiling water.
5. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(b) Beatrice's father.
(c) Nanny's late husband.
(d) Ruth's gym teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
2. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
3. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
4. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
5. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)