|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Hot water.
(b) Plant food.
(c) Nail polish remover.
2. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(b) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(c) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
4. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(b) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(c) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(d) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
5. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Beatrice's father.
(b) Ruth's gym teacher.
(c) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(d) Nanny's late husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
3. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
5. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)