|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A family farm.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A three-ring circus.
(d) A nursing home.
2. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(c) Cell phones.
3. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(c) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(d) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
4. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(b) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(c) She sees a rat and screams.
(d) She shoots the horses.
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To get her out of the house.
(b) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(c) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(d) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
3. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
4. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
5. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)