|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
2. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(b) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
3. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She isn't a pretty girl.
(b) She is the prettiest girl.
(c) She is half a test tube.
(d) She hardly says a word.
4. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) I was a shy as a church mouse."
(b) "I hated my father."
(c) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(d) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
5. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A pep rally.
(b) A science assembly.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A school play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
3. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
4. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
5. Nanny is best described as:
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)