|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A pair of eyeglasses.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A handbag.
2. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
3. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(b) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
(a) She is a sweet girl.
(b) She is not a pretty girl.
(c) She is a pretty girl.
(d) She is a mean girl.
5. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A field of marigolds.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A school gymnasium.
(d) A dark room of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
2. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
3. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
4. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
5. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)