|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
2. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
4. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
5. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
2. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
4. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
5. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)