|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Grooming a horse.
(b) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(c) Applying lipstick.
(d) Planting marigolds.
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(b) She is traveling with her mother.
(c) She is taking care of Nanny.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(b) Lighter fluid.
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
(b) Plant food.
(c) Hot water.
(d) Nail polish remover.
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(b) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(c) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(d) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
5. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)