|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She shoots the horses.
(b) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(c) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(d) She sees a rat and screams.
2. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(d) Iced tea.
3. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(b) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(c) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(d) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
4. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(b) Cough syrup.
(c) Iced tea..
5. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She is half a test tube.
(b) She hardly says a word.
(c) She isn't a pretty girl.
(d) She is the prettiest girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
2. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
3. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
4. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)