|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
(b) Ruth is an A-student.
(c) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(d) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
2. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) Jean overalls.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) An evening gown.
3. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
4. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Boat without a life jacket.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Ride a horse backwards.
(d) Set off firecrackers.
5. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A pair of eyeglasses.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A handbag.
(d) A spoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
5. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)