|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drop Dead Diva.
(b) Daisy Lips.
(c) Devil's Kiss.
(d) Drama Queen.
2. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(b) The horses and the rats.
(c) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
(d) The flashlight and the candles.
3. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(b) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(c) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
4. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) Hot water and honey.
(b) Whiskey and water.
(c) A chocolate milkshake.
(d) Coffee with cream.
5. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(b) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(c) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(d) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
4. What substance does Nanny spill?
5. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)