|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Real estate listings.
(c) Teenage drinking.
(d) Elder abuse.
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(c) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(d) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
3. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(d) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
4. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
5. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
(b) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(c) The horses were let out of the stable.
(d) Tillie's absence from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
3. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
5. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)