|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
2. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
3. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(c) Cell phones.
4. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A family farm.
(d) A three-ring circus.
5. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
2. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
5. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)