|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Plant food.
(b) Hot water.
(d) Nail polish remover.
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(c) Grooming a horse.
(d) Planting marigolds.
3. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I've come up with zero."
(b) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
(c) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
(d) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
4. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A pair of eyeglasses.
(c) A handbag.
(d) A spoon.
5. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(b) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(c) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(d) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
4. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
5. What is Beatrice's last name?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)