|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
(a) A swimsuit.
(c) Equestrian clothing.
(d) A lovely gown with jewels all over it.
2. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A science assembly.
(b) A pep rally.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A school play.
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(b) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(c) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
(d) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her history file.
(b) Her report card.
(c) Her sister's test scores.
(d) Her attendance record.
5. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
2. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
3. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
4. Nanny is also described as:
5. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)