|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drama Queen.
(b) Drop Dead Diva.
(c) Daisy Lips.
(d) Devil's Kiss.
2. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of boiling water.
(b) A pot of coffee.
(c) A pot of honey.
(d) A pot of marigolds.
3. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of a house.
(b) A model of a swimming pool.
(c) A model of an atom.
(d) A model of a vegetable farm.
4. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(c) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(d) Nanny is the live-in maid.
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To get her out of the house.
(b) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(c) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(d) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
3. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
5. What substance does Nanny spill?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)