|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
2. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(b) He was cruel and abusive.
(c) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(d) He smoked like a chimney.
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Dress it up in baby clothes.
(b) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(c) Put lipstick on it.
(d) Chloroform it.
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her history file.
(b) Her sister's test scores.
(c) Her attendance record.
(d) Her report card.
5. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Dr. Berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. Who is Mr. Mayo?
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)