|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Grooming a horse.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
(d) Applying lipstick.
2. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Chloroform it.
(b) Put lipstick on it.
(c) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(d) Dress it up in baby clothes.
3. Which statements does Beatrice NOT make about Tillie?
(a) She is half a test tube.
(b) She isn't a pretty girl.
(c) She hardly says a word.
(d) She is the prettiest girl.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A report card.
(b) A carton of cigarettes.
(c) A box of marigold plants.
(d) A hamster in a cage.
5. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Nail polish remover.
(b) Hot water.
(d) Plant food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
2. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
3. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
4. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
5. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)