|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Devil's Kiss.
(b) Drop Dead Diva.
(c) Daisy Lips.
(d) Drama Queen.
2. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Clean up animal waste.
(b) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(c) Water the marigolds.
(d) Groom the horses.
3. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(b) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(c) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(d) She flings her glass on the floor.
4. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
(a) A social studies project.
(b) A science project.
(c) A music project.
(d) A language arts project.
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
3. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
4. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)