|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(b) Vibrant and beautiful.
(c) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(d) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
(a) Iced tea..
(b) Cough syrup.
3. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(b) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
(c) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(d) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
4. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She is traveling with her mother.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is taking care of Nanny.
(d) She has ringworm and gangrene.
5. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(c) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(d) Nanny is the live-in maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
2. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
3. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
4. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)