|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A family farm.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A three-ring circus.
2. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(b) She flings her glass on the floor.
(c) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(d) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
3. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The horses and the rats.
(b) The flashlight and the candles.
(c) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(d) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
4. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(c) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
(d) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
5. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
3. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
4. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
5. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)