|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(b) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(c) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(d) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Grooming a horse.
(b) Applying lipstick.
(c) Planting marigolds.
(d) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
3. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Teenage drinking.
(b) Real estate listings.
(c) Elder abuse.
4. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(b) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
(c) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(d) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
2. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
4. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
5. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)