|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(b) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(c) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
2. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Water the marigolds.
(b) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(c) Groom the horses.
(d) Clean up animal waste.
3. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
4. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Dr. Berg.
5. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A three-ring circus.
(c) A family farm.
(d) A nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
2. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)