|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(b) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(c) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
2. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be sinister.
(b) She almost appears to be confident.
(c) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(d) She almost appears to be angelic.
3. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(b) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(c) She shoots the horses.
(d) She sees a rat and screams.
4. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(d) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
5. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
(a) The school principal, Mr. Goodman, and Miss Hanley.
(b) The school principal and Janice Vickery's mother.
(c) Mr. Goodman and Nanny.
(d) The school principal and Janice Vickery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
2. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
3. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
4. What does Tillie say about the power of exploding atoms?
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)