|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(b) She sees a rat and screams.
(c) She waters a pot of marigolds.
(d) She shoots the horses.
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(b) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(c) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(d) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(c) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(d) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
4. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) Piano music.
(c) A gong.
(d) A cat's meow.
5. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) "I want to go home."
(b) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
(c) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(d) "Why is everybody so excited?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
4. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
5. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)