|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of a swimming pool.
(b) A model of a vegetable farm.
(c) A model of a house.
(d) A model of an atom.
2. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
(a) Bursts into laughter and pours herself a drink.
(b) Bursts into tears and falls down the stairs.
(c) Whistles and sweeps the floor.
(d) Coughs uncontrollably and lights a cigarette.
3. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(c) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(d) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
4. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is the live-in maid.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(c) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(d) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
5. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(b) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
(c) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(d) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. What does Tillie want to do with the rabbit at the end of Act 2?
3. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
4. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
5. What does Ruth feed Peter?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)