|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
(c) Mr. Goodman.
2. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees a rat and screams.
(b) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(c) She shoots the horses.
(d) She waters a pot of marigolds.
3. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Disappointed and shocked.
(b) Jubilant and giddy.
(c) Belligerent and drunk.
(d) Enthusiastic and proud.
4. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(c) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
5. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
(a) A bus.
(b) A limousine.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
2. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
3. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
4. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
5. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)