|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
(a) A family farm.
(b) A three-ring circus.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A nursing home.
2. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
(a) A bright lipstick.
(b) A horrible bow.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A baggy sweater.
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
4. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
(a) She mumbles inaudibly while on the phone with her daughter.
(b) "Why is everybody so excited?"
(c) "I want to go home."
(d) Nothing. She has no lines in Act 2.
5. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(b) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
(c) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(d) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
2. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
3. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
4. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
5. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)