|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Groom the horses.
(b) Clean up animal waste.
(c) Water the marigolds.
(d) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
2. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
(b) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(c) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(d) Mutations will become less interesting.
3. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(b) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(c) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(d) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
4. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A puppy.
5. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
3. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
5. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)