|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins at the science fair?
(b) Janice Vickery.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Chris Burns.
2. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
(a) Cat and rabbit.
(b) Dog and bird.
(c) Rat and mouse.
(d) Monkey and horse.
3. Janice Vickery states that her experiment is an accomplishment that will what?
(a) Teach people to treat animals with care and humanity.
(b) Look good on college applications to show you did something in school besides dating.
(c) Prove to everyone that she is the smartest girl in the school.
(d) Spread awareness about the effects of second-hand cigarette smoking.
4. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Miss Hanley.
(b) Chris Burns.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(b) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(c) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(d) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
2. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
3. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
4. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
5. What type of action does Janice Vickery say she undertook on her experimental specimen?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)