|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(b) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(c) That Tillie won.
(d) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(c) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(d) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
3. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A school gymnasium.
(b) A dark room of wood.
(c) A field of marigolds.
(d) A swimming pool.
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A saint.
(b) A zombie.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) A criminal.
5. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the events below, which one does NOT take place in Act 2?
2. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
3. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
4. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
5. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)