|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Boat without a life jacket.
(b) Set off firecrackers.
(c) Ride a horse backwards.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
2. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
3. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Planting marigolds.
(d) A little housecleaning.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(d) Iced tea.
5. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(b) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(c) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(d) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
3. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
4. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
5. What does Ruth feed Peter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)