|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
(a) Put it on a leash and take it for a walk.
(b) Dress it up in baby clothes.
(c) Chloroform it.
(d) Put lipstick on it.
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her sister needed her.
(b) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(c) Her skull was growing.
(d) Her legs hurt.
3. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(b) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
(c) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(d) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
4. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Beatrice sets the kitchen on fire.
(b) Beatrice plants marigolds in the garden.
(c) Beatrice rips the newspaper off the windows.
(d) Beatrice lets the horses out of the barn.
5. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
(b) Mutations will become more perplexing.
(c) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(d) Mutations will become less interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
4. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
5. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)