|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
(a) She settles down after a seizure.
(b) She dies.
(c) She goes on a date with Chris Burns.
(d) She buries the cat.
2. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
(b) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(c) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
(d) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
3. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A bathing suit.
(c) Jean overalls.
(d) An evening gown.
4. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
(a) Betty the Loon.
(b) Butterfly Betty.
(c) Betty Butterfingers.
(d) Babyface Betty.
5. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
(a) She sees a rat and screams.
(b) She shoots the horses.
(c) She sees her father and her heart stands still.
(d) She waters a pot of marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Beatrice prepared for Tillie's science project?
2. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
3. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
5. In Act 2, Beatrice tries to contact the following persons in her first telephone call:
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)