|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(b) Tillie's absence from school.
(c) The horses were let out of the stable.
(d) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
2. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
3. Tillie reveals that she had help purchasing some of the necessary items for her experiment. Who helped her pay for them?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
4. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Gave off a foul scent.
(b) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(c) Grew ten feet in height.
(d) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
5. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
(a) The science fair.
(b) The Hunsdorfers' home.
(c) The football field.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. Select the character below who makes the following statement in Act 2: "I hate the world."
4. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
5. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)