|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
(a) She says Ruth's sweater is too tight.
(b) She says Ruth has a bad complexion.
(c) She says Ruth's lipstick is an ugly color.
(d) She says Ruth's hair bow is too large.
2. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
(a) Have grown to plants which are unhealthy in appearance.
(b) Have grown to plants which are gigantic in appearance.
(c) Have grown to plants which are normal in appearance.
(d) Have grown to plants which are tiny in appearance.
3. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A horse.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A puppy.
4. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
(a) Ruth thinks what Janice did is murder.
(b) Ruth thinks Janice copied Tillie's idea.
(c) Ruth thinks rabbits should not be used in such experiments.
(d) Ruth thinks it is going to be way better than Tillie's.
5. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(c) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
(d) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
2. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
3. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
4. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
5. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)