|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
(a) Miss Hanley.
(b) Chris Burns.
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
2. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(b) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
(c) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(d) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
3. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing a business suit.
(b) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(c) Wearing a ballgown.
(d) Wearing a fur coat.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of honey.
(b) A pot of marigolds.
(c) A pot of coffee.
(d) A pot of boiling water.
5. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
(a) On the condition that Tillie gives Peter to her.
(b) On the condition that Tillie tries a cigarette.
(c) On the condition that Tillie takes the bow out of her hair.
(d) On the condition that Tillie changes clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
2. Which character makes the following statement: "If you're just a little bit different in this world, they try to kill you off."
3. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
4. Which character speaks the final line in Act 2?
5. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)