|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(d) Sodium hydroxide.
2. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
3. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A pep rally.
(b) A school play.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A science assembly.
4. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She is unable to read.
(b) She has an eating disorder.
(c) She has severe leg pain.
(d) She has frequent nightmares.
5. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
(b) "I've come up with zero."
(c) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
(d) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
Short Answer Questions
1. On what condition does Ruth swear to Tillie that she will keep a certain secret?
2. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
3. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
4. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
5. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)