|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
2. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
(b) Pop music.
3. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(b) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(c) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
(d) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
4. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
5. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
2. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
3. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
4. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
5. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)