|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Hot water.
(b) Nail polish remover.
(c) Plant food.
2. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A school play.
(b) A science assembly.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A pep rally.
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
(c) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(d) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(b) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
(c) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(d) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
2. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
3. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
5. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)