|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
3. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He was cruel and abusive.
(b) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(c) He smoked like a chimney.
(d) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
5. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
(b) Ruth is an A-student.
(c) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(d) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
2. What substance does Nanny spill?
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
5. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)