|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(c) Real estate.
2. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(c) Cell phones.
3. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(b) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(c) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(d) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
4. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(d) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
2. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
3. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
4. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
5. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)