|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He smoked like a chimney.
(b) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(c) He was cruel and abusive.
(d) He made up for all the other men in the world.
2. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
(a) Ruth is performing satisfactorily in her classes.
(b) Ruth is an A-student.
(c) Ruth used to be a C-student and is now a B-student.
(d) Ruth is failing all of her classes.
3. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(b) "You deserve a great big hug!"
(c) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(d) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
4. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
5. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(d) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
3. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
5. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)