|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nanny is best described as:
2. What substance does Nanny spill?
(a) Plant food.
(b) Nail polish remover.
(d) Hot water.
3. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(b) Her legs hurt.
(c) Her sister needed her.
(d) Her skull was growing.
4. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
5. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(b) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(c) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
(d) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
2. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
4. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
5. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)