|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
(a) A soccer game.
(b) A school play.
(c) A pep rally.
(d) A science assembly.
2. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
3. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Miss Torgersen.
4. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of coffee.
(b) A pot of marigolds.
(c) A pot of honey.
(d) A pot of boiling water.
5. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(b) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
(c) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(d) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
2. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
5. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)