|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(b) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(c) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
(d) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
(a) She wants to put them on the birthday cake she baked for Nanny.
(b) She wants to light the room with them, as the electricity has gone off.
(c) She wants to remove earwax from Nanny's ears.
(d) She wants to rid the air of the smell of marigolds.
3. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(c) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(d) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
4. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(b) He smoked like a chimney.
(c) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(d) He was cruel and abusive.
5. This character states: "You're looking at the original half-life!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
2. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
3. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
4. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
5. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)