|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Set off firecrackers.
(b) Boat without a life jacket.
(c) Ride a horse backwards.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
2. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(b) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(c) She flings her glass on the floor.
(d) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
3. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A horse.
4. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
(a) Cell phones.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(b) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
3. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
4. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
5. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)