|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
2. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
(b) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(c) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
(d) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
3. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
(b) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(c) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(d) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
4. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her skull was growing.
(b) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(c) Her sister needed her.
(d) Her legs hurt.
5. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(c) She is traveling with her mother.
(d) She is taking care of Nanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beatrice's recurring nightmare end?
2. What substance does Nanny spill?
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
4. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
5. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)