|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
(b) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
(c) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(d) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(c) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
3. Who says that Tillie and Ruth are misfits?
(a) Miss Torgersen.
(d) Dr. Berg.
4. What is Beatrice's last name?
5. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Real estate listings.
(b) Elder abuse.
(c) Teenage drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
2. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
3. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
4. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
5. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)