|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
2. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
(b) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(c) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(d) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
3. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(b) Groom the horses.
(c) Clean up animal waste.
(d) Water the marigolds.
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(b) Miss Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
2. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
3. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
5. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)