|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions did Beatrice's former husband suffer with?
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A horse.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A ferret.
3. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(b) Lighter fluid.
5. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
(a) "I hated my father."
(b) "I had more nerve than a bear."
(c) "I spent all of my time with my mother."
(d) I was a shy as a church mouse."
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
2. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
4. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
5. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)