|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(a) Newspapers and junk.
(c) Flower pots.
2. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
(a) To order marigold seeds.
(b) To discuss Nanny's health with a physician.
(c) To enroll in a real estate course.
(d) To express her concern about the marigold seeds her daughter Tillie brought home from school.
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A snake.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A ferret.
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(c) Iced tea.
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A report card.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A box of marigold plants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
2. Tillie recites the half-life of which of the following substances?
3. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
4. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
5. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)