|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(a) Iced tea.
2. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Elder abuse.
(c) Real estate listings.
(d) Teenage drinking.
3. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
4. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Planting marigolds.
5. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Scorn and disrespect.
(b) Pride and enthusiasm.
(c) Jealousy and anger.
(d) Fear and loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
2. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
3. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
4. Nanny is best described as:
5. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)