|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Scorn and disrespect.
(b) Fear and loathing.
(c) Pride and enthusiasm.
(d) Jealousy and anger.
2. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
(a) Nanny is a boarder whom Beatrice cares for.
(b) Nanny is Beatrice's mother-in-law.
(c) Nanny is Beatrice's mother.
(d) Nanny is the live-in maid.
3. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is traveling with her mother.
(d) She is taking care of Nanny.
4. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
(b) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(c) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
(d) Vibrant and beautiful.
5. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
2. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
3. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
4. Ruth has one of the following problems:
5. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)