|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Beatrice's room.
(b) To Tillie's room.
(c) To Nanny's room.
(d) To the barn.
2. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Dr. Berg.
3. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Scorn and disrespect.
(c) Jealousy and anger.
(d) Pride and enthusiasm.
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
5. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(d) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
2. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
3. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
5. Who is the first character introduced in the play?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)