|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
2. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
(a) She is worried and nervous because Nanny's health is on the decline.
(b) She is delighted and enthusiastic because she cannot wait to show her pride for her daughter.
(c) She is shocked and saddened because she does not know how to solve her daughter's problems.
(d) She is angry and agitated because she does not want to go on stage without appropriate clothes.
4. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Planting marigolds.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
5. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A field of marigolds.
(c) A dark room of wood.
(d) A school gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
2. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
3. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
4. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
5. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)