|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Ruth's gym teacher.
(b) Nanny's late husband.
(c) Beatrice's father.
(d) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A puppy.
3. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
4. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
(a) Groom the horses.
(b) Water the marigolds.
(c) Assist Nanny with her breakfast.
(d) Clean up animal waste.
5. What kind of model does Tillie present in school?
(a) A model of a vegetable farm.
(b) A model of a house.
(c) A model of a swimming pool.
(d) A model of an atom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
5. What is Beatrice's last name?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)