|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
(a) "I want to go back to school, earn a degree and buy us a new home."
(b) "I've come up with zero."
(c) "I am so fortunate to have all of you in my life."
(d) "I need to quit drinking and smoking."
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Ride a horse backwards.
(b) Boat without a life jacket.
(c) Smoke cigarettes.
(d) Set off firecrackers.
3. Which character says that she receives fifty dollars a week?
4. What does Beatrice do in the first act to distract Ruth and avoid being upset?
(a) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when her father taught her how to drive a car.
(b) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she planted her first marigold garden.
(c) Beatrice tells Ruth the story of when she stole a wagon from her father.
(d) Beatrice tells the story of when she and Nanny stole a rabbit from a pet shop.
5. Why is Beatrice sad after she tells Ruth the story of her recurring nightmares?
(a) She fears she will never get over her fear of rats.
(b) She fears that there is nothing left for her in life.
(c) She fears that Tillie and Ruth will never forgive her.
(d) She fears that Nanny will pour a pot of boiling water on her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
2. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
3. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
5. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)