|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
(b) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(c) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(d) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
2. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A report card.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A hamster in a cage.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
3. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(a) Mr. Goodman.
(b) Janice Vickery.
4. Which of the following animals appeared in a recurring nightmare that Beatrice used to have?
5. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The horses and the rats.
(b) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
(c) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(d) The flashlight and the candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
2. What is the "beautiful word" that Tillie speaks of in her opening monologue?
3. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
4. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
5. What is Beatrice's last name?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)