|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(b) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(c) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
2. Ruth has one of the following problems:
(a) She has frequent nightmares.
(b) She has severe leg pain.
(c) She is unable to read.
(d) She has an eating disorder.
3. What is Beatrice's last name?
4. What is the substance that Beatrice keeps in a small bottle in a chest of drawers?
(d) Lighter fluid.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(b) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(c) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(d) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
2. Nanny is best described as:
3. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
4. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
5. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)