|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice receive a phone call from in Act 1?
(b) Mr. Goodman.
(c) Janice Vickery.
2. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(b) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(c) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
3. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
(c) Real estate.
4. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(b) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(c) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(d) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
(c) Miss Hanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
2. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
3. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. Nanny is also described as:
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)