|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what beverage is Nanny drinking?
(c) Iced tea.
2. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
(b) She flings her glass on the floor.
(c) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(d) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
3. Nanny is also described as:
(a) Vibrant and beautiful.
(b) Talkative and wheelchair-bound.
(c) Utterly wrinkled and dried, perhaps a century old.
(d) Young-looking, but terribly arthritic.
4. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(a) Flower pots.
(c) Newspapers and junk.
5. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(b) Nanny's late husband.
(c) Ruth's gym teacher.
(d) Beatrice's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
2. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
3. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
4. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
5. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)