|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice hold over Nanny's head?
(a) A pot of honey.
(b) A pot of marigolds.
(c) A pot of coffee.
(d) A pot of boiling water.
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is traveling with her mother.
(c) She is taking care of Nanny.
(d) She has ringworm and gangrene.
3. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
(a) To order marigold seeds.
(b) To discuss Nanny's health with a physician.
(c) To enroll in a real estate course.
(d) To express her concern about the marigold seeds her daughter Tillie brought home from school.
4. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A carton of cigarettes.
(b) A box of marigold plants.
(c) A report card.
(d) A hamster in a cage.
5. Who talks about opening a tea shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
2. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
3. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
4. What is the subject of Tillie's speeches in Act 1?
5. When the scream is heard from upstairs, what sound accompanies it?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)