|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Planting marigolds.
(b) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Cooking dinner.
2. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(b) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
(c) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
(d) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
3. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
(a) Elder abuse.
(c) Real estate listings.
(d) Teenage drinking.
4. Why is Ruth upset at first when she sees the flashlight?
(a) It reminds her of the time when a rat was lurking under the staircase.
(b) It reminds her of the time when the family's electricity was shut off because Beatrice had not paid the bill.
(c) It reminds her of the time when she and Tillie told ghost stories during a camping trip.
(d) It reminds her of the time when she heard a man die in her home.
5. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
(a) Wearing feathers and dressing as a bird.
(b) Wearing a fur coat.
(c) Wearing a ballgown.
(d) Wearing a business suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
2. There is a last-minute change in plans before the science fair. What happens?
3. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
4. Who makes the following statement: "You know, one day maybe you will be pretty."
5. Beatrice states that she wishes she had completed her education in which of the following fields?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)