|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins at the science fair?
(a) Chris Burns.
(c) Janice Vickery.
(d) Mr. Goodman.
2. What kind of animal is kept in the wire cage in the front left room?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(b) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
(c) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(d) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
4. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
(d) The rabbit.
5. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
2. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
3. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
4. Who is the person screaming upstairs after Beatrice places a phone call in Act 1?
5. In Act 2, what message does Beatrice leave when she is unable to reach the person she calls first?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)