|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tillie makes the following announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1:
(a) "Mother, Nanny is choking."
(b) "Mother, they want me to do something at school."
(c) "Mother, I am dropping out of school."
(d) "Mother, I sprained my ankle in gym today."
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) She feels that Beatrice's second-hand smoke has already done significant damage to the family members.
(b) She feels that Beatrice should be proud of Tillie for her accomplishment.
(c) She feels that Beatrice should have taken better care of Nanny.
(d) She feels that Beatrice has always favored Tillie.
3. What is Beatrice's reaction to the medical emergency that takes place at the end of Act 2?
(a) She calls Doctor Berg right away.
(b) She does not want to call the doctor.
(c) She uses chloroform on the patient.
(d) She takes gentle care of the person who is suffering.
4. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(b) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
(c) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(d) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
5. What is one of the reasons that Tillie is teased by other students at school, according to Ruth?
(a) Tillie's poor performance in her vocal solo.
(b) Tillie's complete lack of athletic ability.
(c) Tillie's shouting match with a classmate.
(d) Tillie's unkempt appearance .
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
2. What is Beatrice wearing in her recurring nightmare?
3. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
4. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)