|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Per Zindel's stage directions, the spotlight "clings" to which character at the end of Act 2?
2. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
(a) Dr. Berg, Nanny's physician.
(b) Dr. Berg, Beatrice's psychologist.
(c) Dr. Berg, the school principal.
(d) Dr. Berg, the school psychologist.
3. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
(a) You know, even if you don't win, I'm still proud of you.
(b) You better win.
(c) I'm really proud of you and I'd be happy to make a speech if you win.
(d) I don't care even if you do win the whole thing, I'm not making any speech.
4. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
(a) Some of the mutations will be toxic.
(b) Mutations will become less interesting.
(c) Some of the mutations will be good ones.
(d) Mutations will become more perplexing.
5. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Devil's Kiss.
(b) Drama Queen.
(c) Drop Dead Diva.
(d) Daisy Lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice read about in the newspaper?
2. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
3. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
4. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
5. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)