|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the last to physically enter the stage in Act 2?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
(d) Janice Vickery.
2. What is Beatrice's last name?
3. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Beatrice's father.
(b) Nanny's late husband.
(c) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(d) Ruth's gym teacher.
4. Which of the following statements best summarizes the final scene of Act 1?
(a) It is an emotionally charged scene in which Beatrice seems to have a breakthrough, as she realizes the unfair treatment she has been giving her daughter.
(b) It is a humorous scene in which Beatrice rides a horse through the living room while shouting "my life rocks" through a megaphone.
(c) It is a frightening scene in which Nanny collapses at Beatrice's feet, Ruth has a seizure, and Tillie runs away from home.
(d) It is an uplifting scene in which Beatrice takes a stand against cigarette smoking and drinking, and she promises her daughters that from now on, she is going to be a better mother.
5. According to Tillie, the seeds which received moderate radiation ...
(b) Changed color.
(c) Gave rise to mutations.
(d) Were the least appealing to the rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
2. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
3. Which of the following phrases best describes Nanny's relationship with Beatrice?
4. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
5. What kind of transportation do the girls take to go to the science fair?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)