|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tillie, the seeds which received the most radiation ...
(a) Appealed the most to the rabbit.
(b) Gave off a foul scent.
(c) Grew ten feet in height.
(d) Were killed or yielded dwarf plants.
2. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
(a) Clothes that are too girlish for her awkwardness.
(b) Clothes that are too revealing for a girl her age.
(c) Clothes that are dirty and ragged.
(d) Clothes that are stylish and flattering.
3. In the final scene at the end of Act 1, what does Tillie carry in from the front door?
(a) A hamster in a cage.
(b) A report card.
(c) A box of marigold plants.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
4. What does Tillie ask Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) Mother, did I look okay up there on the stage?
(b) Mother, did you get your hair done?
(c) Mother, you didn't kill it, did you?
(d) Mother, could I have some tea?
5. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
(a) "Well, I want you to do something around here."
(b) "I always knew Nanny would die in this house."
(c) "Nothing compares to a quality education."
(d) "You deserve a great big hug!"
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tillie, the seeds which received little radiation ...
2. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
3. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
4. Tillie's classmates laugh at her at which of the following school events?
5. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)