|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zindel state about Ruth's appearance at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She almost appears to be confident.
(b) She almost appears to be intelligent.
(c) She almost appears to be angelic.
(d) She almost appears to be sinister.
2. What is the setting of the play in the opening act?
(a) A dark room of wood.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A school gymnasium.
(d) A field of marigolds.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Beatrice and Nanny.
4. What beverage does Beatrice prepare for Nanny?
(a) A chocolate milkshake.
(b) Hot water and honey.
(c) Coffee with cream.
(d) Whiskey and water.
5. Beatrice takes a dramatic physical action following Dr. Berg's phone call. What is it?
(a) She flings her glass on the floor.
(b) She jumps onto the dining table and does a cheer.
(c) She jumps on a horse and rides into town.
(d) She throws her cigarettes into the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
2. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
3. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
4. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
5. What does Ruth think of Janice Vickery's science experiment?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)