|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
(b) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(c) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
(d) That Tillie won.
2. What kind of animal is featured in one of the student's entries at the science fair?
(a) A cat.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rabbit.
3. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Make rabbit stew.
(b) Give them $20.
(c) Report them to the police.
(d) Kill them.
4. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Set off firecrackers.
(c) Boat without a life jacket.
(d) Ride a horse backwards.
5. At the end of Act 1, Tillie reacts to Beatrice in what way?
(a) She shrugs at Beatrice, then laughs.
(b) She runs out of the room, shouting that she will never forgive Beatrice.
(c) At first she cowers, then she confronts Beatrice.
(d) She slaps Beatrice in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school project is Tillie working on in Act 1?
2. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
3. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
4. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
5. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)