|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What substance does Nanny spill?
(b) Nail polish remover.
(c) Plant food.
(d) Hot water.
2. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
(a) She jumps for joy and calls Chris Burns.
(b) She grabs Tillie and dances with her in the living room.
(c) She has a seizure.
(d) She laughs.
3. Tillie's marigold seeds have been exposed to which of the following substances?
4. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
5. Why did Beatrice's father want her to get married?
(a) To avoid the embarrassment of her being single and pregnant.
(b) To be sure that she was taken care of.
(c) To win a bet he had made with Nanny.
(d) To get her out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
2. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
3. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
4. What happens to Ruth at the end of Act 2?
5. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)