|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice say about the teachers and students at Tillie's school?
(a) Beatrice calls the teachers overpaid and the students overweight.
(b) Beatrice calls the teachers inept and the students exemplary.
(c) Beatrice calls the teachers underpaid and the students underachievers.
(d) Beatrice calls the teachers stupid and the students vicious.
2. Which word does the playwright use to describe Beatrice's tone when speaking to Nanny?
3. Which of the following characters is not at home in Act 2?
(c) Janice Vickery.
4. What special job does Ruth hold at school?
(a) She puts the flag up on the flag pole each morning.
(b) She is the editor of the school newspaper.
(c) She is a tutor to students who are struggling in mathematics.
(d) She takes care of keeping records on student attendance for the science office.
5. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(b) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
(c) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(d) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. Ruth is excited to meet this person at the science fair.
2. Which character stays home to care for Nanny during the science fair?
3. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
4. What does Nanny say in Act 2?
5. What does Ruth bring out of her room after the science fair in Act 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)