|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice wearing when she makes her entrance in Act 1?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) Jean overalls.
2. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
(c) Janice Vickery.
3. Who is Mr. Alexander Brougham?
(a) A teacher who inspired Tillie to study horticulture.
(b) A man who lived with Beatrice and had worms in his legs.
(c) A horse jockey who died in an accident on the track.
(d) A scientist who invented growth hormones for marigolds.
4. What is Ruth concerned about before Tillie goes on stage?
(a) She is worried that Tillie will trip and fall.
(b) She is worried that the rabbit will get out of its cage.
(c) She is worried that students will make fun of Tillie's appearance.
(d) She is worried that the judges will disqualify Tillie.
5. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(b) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(c) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
(d) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
2. What does Beatrice drink while reading the newspaper?
3. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
4. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
5. When Beatrice recalls her childhood to Ruth, she says ...
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)