|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(b) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
(c) The horses and the rats.
(d) The flashlight and the candles.
2. What questionable activity does Beatrice allow Ruth to do?
(a) Ride a horse backwards.
(b) Boat without a life jacket.
(c) Set off firecrackers.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
3. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
(a) She thinks that Tillie looks like a boy without hair accessories.
(b) She thinks that people will like Tillie for trying to look nice.
(c) She thinks that Tillie's hair is out of control without the bow.
(d) She thinks that Tillie needs more style.
4. Beatrice is busy doing which of the following activities when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Assisting Ruth with her homework.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) A little housecleaning.
(d) Planting marigolds.
5. At the end of Act 1, Ruth's emotions toward Tillie would be best described as:
(a) Jealousy and anger.
(b) Scorn and disrespect.
(c) Pride and enthusiasm.
(d) Fear and loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
2. Why is Ruth upset with Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
3. When Tillie makes her announcement at the beginning of the final scene in Act 1, what is Beatrice's response?
4. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
5. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)