|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
(a) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been selected as a finalist in the science fair.
(b) Ruth exclaims that Tillie has been expelled from school.
(c) Ruth exclaims that Tillie made a huge fool of herself in the school cafeteria.
(d) Ruth exclaims that Nanny has collapsed in her bedroom.
2. After the science fair, which of the following questions does Ruth NOT ask Beatrice?
(a) Are you deaf?
(b) What did you rip the paper off the windows for?
(c) Well, who won?
(d) What's the matter with you?
3. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
(a) Dog and bird.
(b) Rat and mouse.
(c) Monkey and horse.
(d) Cat and rabbit.
4. Beatrice's story begins with the following exclamation:
(a) "Apples! Pears! Cu ... cumbers!"
(b) " Radium! Chloroform! Urani ... um!"
(c) "Horses! Rats! Rab ... bits!"
(d) "Marigolds! Sunflowers! Chrysanthe ... mums!"
5. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
(c) Sodium hydroxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beatrice look for candles following the scream from upstairs?
2. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
3. When Act 2 begins, what kind of clothes is Tillie wearing?
4. Ruth has one of the following problems:
5. Who is the "goody-goody girl" according to Beatrice?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)