|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
2. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
(a) Drop Dead Diva.
(b) Drama Queen.
(c) Devil's Kiss.
(d) Daisy Lips.
3. Ruth compares Beatrice as a teen to Tillie. In what ways were they similar?
(a) Their love of pets.
(b) Their interest in science.
(c) Their hairstyles.
(d) Thier social awkwardness.
4. What does Tillie say to Beatrice when she sees the outfit she is wearing to the science fair?
(a) Mama, you look beautiful.
(b) Mama, that's MY dress.
(c) Mama, please don't embarrass me.
(d) Mama, take off those feathers.
5. Which of the following actions does Beatrice NOT undertake after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
(a) Hurls school supplies onto the floor.
(b) Water the marigolds.
(c) Throws clothes onto tables.
(d) Rummages through drawers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's last name?
2. What does Ruth say she would not be caught dead wearing on stage?
3. Who calls Beatrice at the end of Act 1?
4. According to Ruth, who is waiting to see Beatrice at the science fair?
5. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)