|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Ruth give for getting out of gym class?
(a) Her skull was growing.
(b) Her lipstick had rubbed off.
(c) Her legs hurt.
(d) Her sister needed her.
2. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(b) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(c) He was cruel and abusive.
(d) He smoked like a chimney.
3. Ruth asks Beatrice to tell her a story, but requests that she leave out one part. What is the part of the story that she does not want to hear about?
(a) She does not want to hear the part about her father having a heart attack.
(b) She does not want to hear the part about rats in the basement.
(c) She does not want to hear the part about horses being shot.
(d) She does not want to hear the part about the radioactive marigolds.
4. What was the name of the animal used in Janice's experiment?
5. What does Janice plan to do with her specimen after the science fair?
(a) Put it in her living room.
(b) Sell it and use the proceeds to pay for her next experiment.
(c) Donate it to the science department.
(d) Donate it to the local museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the following objects, which are NOT included in the description of the setting in Act 1?
2. Which character is shown sleeping in Act 2?
3. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
4. What does Beatrice say she is going to do to Tillie's pet?
5. What critical remark does Beatrice make about Ruth prior to the science fair?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)