|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Janice Vickery's experimental specimen?
(b) Rib bones.
2. Tillie is engaged in the following activity while her mother reads the newspaper:
(a) Applying lipstick.
(b) Planting marigolds.
(c) Grooming a horse.
(d) Feeding Nanny her breakfast.
3. Which character appears for the first time when Beatrice is reading the newspaper?
(c) Mr. Goodman.
4. In Act 1, what does Ruth tell Mr. Goodman about her sister?
(a) She is taking care of Nanny.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has ringworm and gangrene.
(d) She is traveling with her mother.
5. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He was cruel and abusive.
(b) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(c) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(d) He smoked like a chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
2. Which statement does Beatrice make before the science fair?
3. What is the purpose of the phone call that Beatrice initiates in Act 1?
4. Why does Beatrice try to convince Tillie to put a bow in her hair?
5. Which of the following statements best describes Ruth's performance in school, according to Beatrice?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)