|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruth states that if anybody stuck Peter in a pot of boiling water, she would ...
(a) Report them to the police.
(b) Give them $20.
(c) Make rabbit stew.
(d) Kill them.
2. These are Janice Vickery's parting words at the conclusion of her presentation at the science fair.
(a) "Thank you very much for your attention, and I hope I win!"
(b) "Thank you! Next up is my best friend in the whole world, Tillie!"
(c) "Today, the Science Fair. Tomorrow, the world!"
(d) "I wish you could see how pathetic you all look from up here!"
3. Of the events below, which one does NOT take place in Act 2?
(a) Nanny's daughter comes to remove her from the Hunsdorfer home.
(b) Tillie plants marigold seeds in the backyard.
(c) Beatrice opens a tea shop in her home.
(d) Ruth has a seizure.
4. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her history file.
(b) Her report card.
(c) Her sister's test scores.
(d) Her attendance record.
5. What does Beatrice ask Tillie to get rid of in the final scene in Act 1?
(a) The horses and the rats.
(b) The rabbit and the marigolds.
(c) The flashlight and the candles.
(d) The whiskey and the cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Miss Hanley, what is Beatrice's idea of dressing up?
2. What is one of the "exciting duties" that Beatrice says she would like Tillie to perform?
3. According to Miss Hanley, Beatrice is:
4. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
5. What does Beatrice do immediately after placing her first phone call in Act 2?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)