|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Ruth reveals that she overheard a conversation between two people. Who are these people?
(a) Beatrice and Nanny.
(b) Mr. Goodman and Miss Hanley.
(c) Tillie and Mr. Goodman.
(d) Tillie and Janice Vickery.
2. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Disappointed and shocked.
(b) Belligerent and drunk.
(c) Enthusiastic and proud.
(d) Jubilant and giddy.
3. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
(a) A model citizen.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A saint.
(d) A zombie.
4. What type of beverage is Beatrice drinking when the final scene in Act 1 begins?
(a) Iced tea.
5. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
(a) That she had a seizure while they were gone.
(b) That Tillie won.
(c) That Papa appeared in a dream.
(d) That Nanny fell down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening scene in Act 2?
2. How does Beatrice describe her daughter, Tillie?
3. Who wins at the science fair?
4. What was Beatrice's high school nickname?
5. From what organization did Janice Vickery acquire her experimental specimen?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)