|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth see in the record room at school?
(a) Her attendance record.
(b) Her sister's test scores.
(c) Her report card.
(d) Her history file.
2. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Beatrice's room.
(b) To Tillie's room.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To Nanny's room.
3. Which of the following statements does Beatrice make about her father?
(a) He grew prize-winning marigolds.
(b) He smoked like a chimney.
(c) He made up for all the other men in the world.
(d) He was cruel and abusive.
4. Where is Nanny at the end of Act 2?
(a) She is in the basement.
(b) She is still in the Hunsdorfer's home.
(c) She is in the garden.
(d) She is back home with her daughter.
5. Which two species of animals are mentioned in Act 2?
(a) Dog and bird.
(b) Monkey and horse.
(c) Cat and rabbit.
(d) Rat and mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice states that Mr. Goodman must think she is running which of the following?
2. According to Beatrice, the " manure machine" is what kind of animal?
3. What does Ruth try to tell Beatrice after the science fair?
4. Select the character who makes the following statement: "I can't help it what people call you."
5. Which chemical was involved in Janice Vickery's experiment?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)