|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Beatrice annoyed with the person to whom she places a telephone call in Act 1?
(a) The person asks her whether she knows what a mutation is.
(b) The person complains about the smell of manure coming from the barn.
(c) The person demands that Nanny be taken to the hospital immediately.
(d) The person tells her that the real estate course is no longer offered.
2. What object does Beatrice forget to provide to Nanny?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A pair of eyeglasses.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A handbag.
3. What is the subject of the phone call that Beatrice receives in Act 1?
(a) Nanny needs to have a medical procedure.
(b) Tillie's absence from school.
(c) The horses were let out of the stable.
(d) Vegetable sales are slowing down.
4. Beatrice speaks with this person during her second phone call in Act 2:
(d) Nanny's daughter.
5. What sound is heard during Janice Vickery's presentation at the science fair?
(a) Piano music.
(b) A gong.
(c) A cat's meow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lipstick that Ruth borrows from Beatrice?
2. What does Beatrice ask Ruth to hand her after the science fair?
3. What is Ruth's reaction to what she finds in her room in Act 2?
4. When one of the characters discusses the idea of opening a tea shop, which of the following desserts is mentioned?
5. Beatrice surprises Ruth by placing something in her room in Act 2. What is it?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)