|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the final scene in Act 1 begins, what does Beatrice drop from the top of the stairs?
(b) Flower pots.
(d) Newspapers and junk.
2. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
(b) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(c) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(d) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
3. What happens to Tillie's pet in Act 2?
(a) It is given away to Nanny's daughter.
(b) It gets chloroformed by Beatrice.
(c) It gets chloroformed by Ruth.
(d) It gets loose from the house and runs away.
4. Beatrice makes a phone call in Act 1 to speak with the following person:
(a) Dr. Berg.
(b) Mr. Goodman.
5. Who is Mr. Mayo?
(a) Ruth's gym teacher.
(b) A former boarder who lived with Beatrice.
(c) Nanny's late husband.
(d) Beatrice's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beatrice calls Nanny the following:
2. According to Ruth, which science fair competitor does Tillie need to worry about?
3. What does Tillie conclude about mutations at the end of her presentation at the science fair?
4. Ruth makes an announcement in the final scene of Act 1. What is this announcement?
5. Beatrice announces that she spent the day taking stock of her life. What does she determine?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)