|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tillie offer to do when there is a medical emergency in the home?
(a) She offers to get the first aid kit.
(b) She offers to call the doctor.
(c) She offers to call Nanny's daughter.
(d) She offers to help clean up the mess.
2. Where does Tillie go immediately after the scream is heard in Act 1?
(a) To Tillie's room.
(b) To Beatrice's room.
(c) To Nanny's room.
(d) To the barn.
3. After the Science Fair, Beatrice's demeanor can best be described as:
(a) Enthusiastic and proud.
(b) Disappointed and shocked.
(c) Belligerent and drunk.
(d) Jubilant and giddy.
4. What is Beatrice's final line in the play?
(a) "What a beautiful world."
(b) "I hate the world."
(c) "Life is what you make it."
(d) "Get out of here and take that bag of bones with you."
5. What does Ruth say when Beatrice is halfway through telling the story of her recurring nightmare?
(a) "That is the funniest nightmare I've ever heard."
(b) "That is the scariest dream I've ever heard."
(c) "That doesn't sound like a nightmare to me."
(d) "That doesn't sound like a walk in the park."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice do immediately after completing her second phone call in Act 2?
2. What is Beatrice's reaction to Dr. Berg's phone call?
3. Which of the following phrases best characterizes Beatrice's demeanor during the second phone call in Act 2?
4. Immediately following Janice's presentation at the science fair, the lights come up to reveal which of the following characters?
5. What does Ruth announce when Tillie returns home from the science fair?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)