• The setting of the play is a dark room that was once a vegetable store.
• Newspapers line the windows, and the room is unkempt and run down, scattered with household items.
• Tillie begins a monologue about the creation of the atom.
• Tillie's teacher Mr. Goodman calls Beatrice, Tillie's mother, to ask why Tillie has been absent from school.
• Beatrice accuses Tillie of tattling on her.
• Despite Tillie's pleas, Beatrice forbids Tillie from attending school and threatens to chloroform her pet rabbit.
• Ruth, Beatrice's other daughter, says that Tillie was made fun of at school for her appearance and interest in science.
• Beatrice scolds Tillie for not dressing properly and says that when people laugh at Tillie, they are also laughing at her.
• Ruth reveals that she has seen her school file, which includes embarrassing details about their family.
• Tillie delivers a monologue in which she tells of...
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)