Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
2. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
3. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
4. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
5. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
Explain the meaning of this statement by Jon Snow in chapter 5: "'Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.'" To whom is Jon speaking? What is the situation in the story in which Jon makes this statement? What does this statement tell us about Jon? What is the importance of this statement to the plot? Do you agree with Jon's statement? Why or why not?
Several components of quality literature include:
1) use of descriptive words and images
2) use of analogies, metaphors, and similes
3) an attention-grabbing beginning
5) appealing to the five senses
Is A Game of Thrones an example of quality literature? Why or why not? Give examples from the story using three of the five components of quality literature to explain your answer.
The author made up the world in which the characters live. Even though the world is much different from ours, what parallels can you draw between the world in A Game of Thrones and the world in which you live?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)