|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyrion tell Bronn is the reason Tyrion dislikes his own father?
2. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
3. Why does Drogo believe a battle against the Seven Kingdoms will be difficult and long?
4. What causes Daenerys to smother Drogo with a pillow?
5. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
2. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
3. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
4. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
5. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
6. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
7. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
8. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
9. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
10. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting influence the events in the story? Give examples to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the static characters in the story? What makes them static characters? Are the static characters main characters, minor characters, or both? Who are the dynamic characters in the story? What makes them dynamic characters? Are the dynamic characters main characters, minor characters, or both?
Essay Topic 3
Internal conflict affects different characters in the story. Choose a character who faces internal conflict. Explain what the conflict is, how the character attempts to resolve the internal conflict, if the conflict is resolved and how it is resolved. If the conflict is not resolved why it is not resolved? What have you learned about the character from the internal conflict? How does the resolution or lack of resolution of the internal conflict affect the character?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)