|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way to the Vale of Arryn, what happens to the group Catelyn and Tyrion are traveling with?
2. What does Arya do while her sword training teacher fights Ser Meryn?
3. Whose army do Tyrion and the outlaws who attacked him join after they come out of the mountains?
4. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
5. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
Essay Topic 1
Why did the author title the book A Game of Thrones? What events in the story could be considered a "game"? What does the word "game" usually mean? Do you think any of the characters would use the word "game" to describe the events in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the nature of good and evil as it exists in A Game of Thrones. In the war between the Lannisters and the Starks, was one side all good and the other side all evil? What makes you think this? Do the Targaryens represent good or evil? Why?
Essay Topic 3
"'No . . . not me. I seldom even dream of dragons anymore. There are no dragons.'" Tyrion makes this statement in chapter 13. Explain this statement as it applies to Tyrion's hopes, maturity, and child-like (not childish) beliefs.
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)