Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
2. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
3. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
4. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
5. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
Essay Topic 1
The chapters in A Game of Thrones are short. Why do you think the author chose to keep the chapters short? Do the short chapters help or hinder the flow of the plot? Why? Give examples from the story to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
"'No . . . not me. I seldom even dream of dragons anymore. There are no dragons.'" Tyrion makes this statement in chapter 13. Explain this statement as it applies to Tyrion's hopes, maturity, and child-like (not childish) beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses a variety of made-up words in A Game of Thrones. Why did the author make up words instead of using conventional terms? How does the genre of the story relate to the made-up terms? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from your understanding of the story? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from the content of the story? Select five of these made-up words and explain their meaning in the story.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)