Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
2. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
3. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
4. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
5. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses a variety of made-up words in A Game of Thrones. Why did the author make up words instead of using conventional terms? How does the genre of the story relate to the made-up terms? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from your understanding of the story? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from the content of the story? Select five of these made-up words and explain their meaning in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Why did the author title the book A Game of Thrones? What events in the story could be considered a "game"? What does the word "game" usually mean? Do you think any of the characters would use the word "game" to describe the events in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Name a character, other than the main characters, who is important to the story. Why is the character important? Could the story have been written without this character? Why or why not?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)