|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robb doing when Bran is captured by the wildlings?
2. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
3. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
4. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
5. What causes Daenerys to smother Drogo with a pillow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What clues or hints does the author provide that help prepare you for the ending of the story? Did you think these clues were important as you read the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the meaning of this statement by Jon Snow in chapter 5: "'Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.'" To whom is Jon speaking? What is the situation in the story in which Jon makes this statement? What does this statement tell us about Jon? What is the importance of this statement to the plot? Do you agree with Jon's statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write a prologue introducing a sequel about Robb's life as King of the North, Tyrion's life as King's Hand, or Daenerys' life as mother of three dragons. Be sure to include the exposition in the prologue.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)