|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
2. What is the result of the trial by combat chosen by Tyrion to face his charges?
3. What led to King Robert's hunting injury?
4. When Eddard speaks with Cersei while Robert is hunting, why does Eddard suggest to Cersei that she should leave town?
5. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses a variety of made-up words in A Game of Thrones. Why did the author make up words instead of using conventional terms? How does the genre of the story relate to the made-up terms? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from your understanding of the story? Does the use of these words enhance or detract from the content of the story? Select five of these made-up words and explain their meaning in the story.
Essay Topic 2
The author made up the world in which the characters live. Even though the world is much different from ours, what parallels can you draw between the world in A Game of Thrones and the world in which you live?
Essay Topic 3
"'No . . . not me. I seldom even dream of dragons anymore. There are no dragons.'" Tyrion makes this statement in chapter 13. Explain this statement as it applies to Tyrion's hopes, maturity, and child-like (not childish) beliefs.
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)