|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
2. Whose army do Tyrion and the outlaws who attacked him join after they come out of the mountains?
3. Who does the wildling girl tell Robb he should be fighting?
4. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
5. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
2. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
3. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
4. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
5. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
6. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
7. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
8. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
9. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
10. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the nature of good and evil as it exists in A Game of Thrones. In the war between the Lannisters and the Starks, was one side all good and the other side all evil? What makes you think this? Do the Targaryens represent good or evil? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the static characters in the story? What makes them static characters? Are the static characters main characters, minor characters, or both? Who are the dynamic characters in the story? What makes them dynamic characters? Are the dynamic characters main characters, minor characters, or both?
Essay Topic 3
Subplots have the same story elements as the main plot of a story. Explain one subplot from A Game of Thrones using the typical plot structure: exposition, inciting force, central conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, and resolution. Explain how the subplot is connected to the main plot of the story.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)