|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert want to do when he discovers Daenerys is pregnant?
2. Why does Jon want to leave the Night Watch?
3. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
4. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
5. What do Robb and his men discover about two of the wildlings who attacked Bran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
2. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
3. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
4. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
5. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
6. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
7. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
8. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
9. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
10. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the static characters in the story? What makes them static characters? Are the static characters main characters, minor characters, or both? Who are the dynamic characters in the story? What makes them dynamic characters? Are the dynamic characters main characters, minor characters, or both?
Essay Topic 2
The author intertwines a number of topics/themes throughout the plot of A Game of Thrones. Explain one of the following topics/themes from the story, where it is present, how it's presented, and how it affects the plot and characters. Give examples from the story to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is stronger in A Game of Thrones--plot development or character development? Why? Give examples from the story to explain your answer. Do you think the author did this intentionally? Why or why not?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)