|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
(a) Convince Catelyn of his innocence.
(b) Kill Catelyn.
2. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She goes straight to King Robert.
(b) She tells her father what she heard.
(c) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(d) She confronts the men having the conversation.
3. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
(a) Appoints Sansa to a position of power.
(b) Sentences Eddard to death.
(c) Dismisses men loyal to Robert and Eddard.
(d) Banishes Cersei from the kingdom.
4. When Eddard and his men are attacked by the Lannisters at the brothel, who does Eddard say will be killed if the Lannisters kill Eddard?
(a) All the remaining Lannister descendants.
5. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
(a) She wants to stay with Joffrey.
(b) She says she is bored at home.
(c) She has made many close friends in King's Landing.
(d) She enjoys watching the tourneys in King's Landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
2. Why does Jon want to leave the Night Watch?
3. What order of Robert's does Cersei tear up?
4. Who tells Arya that her father wants to see her as she is sword training?
5. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
2. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
3. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
4. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
5. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
6. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
7. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
8. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
9. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
10. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)