|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
(b) Kill Catelyn.
(c) Convince Catelyn of his innocence.
2. Why is Jon concerned about his friend Sam, who is also with the Night Watch?
(a) Sam is seriously injured when Ser Alliser challenges him to a fight.
(b) Sam was not promoted and will be without Jon's protection.
(c) Sam becomes deathly ill and is in danger of being left behind.
(d) Sam was asked to leave the Night Watch.
3. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
(a) An illegitimate child of Eddard's.
(b) Proof of Bran's attempted assassination.
(c) An illegitimate child of Robert's.
(d) Proof of Jon Arryn's killer.
4. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
(b) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(c) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
(d) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
5. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
(a) He forces them to join his army.
(b) He drives them into a dangerous, unexplored area of Dothraki.
(c) He kills them.
(d) He uses the men as hostages to trade for ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
2. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
3. When will Lysa Arryn's son Robert be able to rule as Lord of the Eyries?
4. On what condition will Eddard be allowed to join the Night Watch?
5. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
2. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
3. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
4. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
5. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
6. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
7. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
8. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
9. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
10. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)