|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
(a) They are looking for the wildlings who attacked Bran.
(b) They are looking for the body that belongs to the severed hand brought to Jon by his direwolf.
(c) They are looking for Benjen Stark and the missing knight.
(d) They are looking for the children of the forest.
2. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
(a) Eddard is arrested.
(b) Eddard is named Protector of the Realm.
(c) Cersei sentences Eddard to immediate death.
(d) Cersei banishes Eddard from the kingdom.
3. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
(a) Sentences Eddard to death.
(b) Appoints Sansa to a position of power.
(c) Dismisses men loyal to Robert and Eddard.
(d) Banishes Cersei from the kingdom.
4. What does Osha the wildling tell Bran about dragonglass?
(a) She tells him the children of the forest use it to draw people to the other side of the Wall.
(b) She tells him the children of the forest still forge it.
(c) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass has magic powers.
(d) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass is cursed.
5. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
(a) The children of the forest.
(b) A corpse of one of the dead men from Beyond-the-Wall.
(c) A group of wildlings.
(d) Ser Alliser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
2. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
3. Who does Jon think killed the two men found Beyond-the-Wall?
4. When Daenerys goes into labor, what do her handmaidens do?
5. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
2. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
3. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
4. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
5. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
6. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
7. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
8. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
9. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
10. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)