|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
(a) Drogo banishes Viserys from the kingdom.
(b) Drogo has his men kill Viserys.
(c) Drogo strips Viserys of his command of an army.
(d) Drogo has his men cut off the hand that Viserys used to draw his sword.
2. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
(a) He uses the men as hostages to trade for ships.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He forces them to join his army.
(d) He drives them into a dangerous, unexplored area of Dothraki.
3. What does Tyrion promise to the outlaws who attack him and Bronn?
(a) Weapons from his father's armory.
(b) Not to tell anyone about the attack.
(c) That their demands will be heard by the king.
(d) That his father will give them safe passage out of the mountains.
4. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
(a) Eddard is named Protector of the Realm.
(b) Cersei sentences Eddard to immediate death.
(c) Cersei banishes Eddard from the kingdom.
(d) Eddard is arrested.
5. What do Robb and his men discover about two of the wildlings who attacked Bran?
(a) They were Night Watch deserters.
(b) They were sent by the Lannisters to kill Bran.
(c) They were suffering from a mentally debilitating condition.
(d) They were two of King Robert's illegitimate children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daenerys do for Drogo when she finds he has been injured in battle?
2. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
3. When will Lysa Arryn's son Robert be able to rule as Lord of the Eyries?
4. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
5. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
2. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
3. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
4. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
5. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
6. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
7. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
8. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
9. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
10. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)