|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
(c) Red Fork.
(d) King's Landing.
2. What do Robb and his men discover about two of the wildlings who attacked Bran?
(a) They were Night Watch deserters.
(b) They were two of King Robert's illegitimate children.
(c) They were sent by the Lannisters to kill Bran.
(d) They were suffering from a mentally debilitating condition.
3. What is the result of Robb's battle with Jaime Lannister's army at Riverrun?
(a) Robb is taken captive.
(b) Jaime and Robb withdraw their armies after sustaining heavy losses.
(c) Jaime is taken captive.
(d) Both Jaime and Robb are killed.
4. What causes Daenerys to smother Drogo with a pillow?
(a) She is forced to by the healer.
(b) She is angry with him for trying to invade the Seven Kingdoms.
(c) She learns he will not recover from his injury.
(d) She finds him with one of her handmaidens.
5. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She confronts the men having the conversation.
(b) She goes straight to King Robert.
(c) She tells her father what she heard.
(d) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tyrion tell Bronn is the reason Tyrion dislikes his own father?
2. What does Maester Aemon tell Jon he must do regarding his desire to leave the Night Watch?
3. Why is it significant that Arya kills a stable hand when she gets her sword, Needle?
4. What does Osha the wildling tell Bran about dragonglass?
5. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
2. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
3. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
4. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
5. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
6. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
7. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
8. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
9. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
10. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)