|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
(a) Drogo banishes Viserys from the kingdom.
(b) Drogo has his men kill Viserys.
(c) Drogo has his men cut off the hand that Viserys used to draw his sword.
(d) Drogo strips Viserys of his command of an army.
2. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
(a) The Lannisters.
(b) The House of Stark.
(c) The Targaryens.
(d) The Tyrells.
3. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
(a) They are looking for the wildlings who attacked Bran.
(b) They are looking for Benjen Stark and the missing knight.
(c) They are looking for the body that belongs to the severed hand brought to Jon by his direwolf.
(d) They are looking for the children of the forest.
4. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
(a) Tyrion finds the part of the group that got separated.
(b) Tyrion mends a wound sustained by Catelyn's horse.
(c) Tyrion helps Catelyn and her group find their way out of the forest.
(d) Tyrion saves Catelyn's life.
5. What does Cersei tell Sansa about Eddard after Sansa has been held prisoner for several days?
(a) That Eddard is dead.
(b) That Eddard is a traitor.
(c) That Eddard is now Protector of the Realm.
(d) That Eddard is not her real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
2. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
3. When Eddard and his men are attacked by the Lannisters at the brothel, who does Eddard say will be killed if the Lannisters kill Eddard?
4. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
5. What is Robb doing when Bran is captured by the wildlings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
2. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
3. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
4. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
5. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
6. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
7. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
8. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
9. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
10. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)