|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
2. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
(a) Mystical creatures still exist there.
(b) Benjen Stark lives as one of the Others.
(c) The wildlings are the only form of life left.
(d) The Others are waiting to kill anyone who travels there.
3. When will Lysa Arryn's son Robert be able to rule as Lord of the Eyries?
(a) When he finishes his sword training.
(b) When he is strong enough.
(c) When he is old enough.
(d) When he produces an heir.
4. Who does Jon think killed the two men found Beyond-the-Wall?
(a) Benjen Stark.
(b) Jaime Lannister's army.
(c) The wildlings.
(d) The Others.
5. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
(a) Ser Alliser.
(b) The children of the forest.
(c) A corpse of one of the dead men from Beyond-the-Wall.
(d) A group of wildlings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Arya that her father wants to see her as she is sword training?
2. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
3. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
4. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
5. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
2. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
3. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
4. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
5. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
6. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
7. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
8. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
9. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
10. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)