|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
(a) Drogo has his men kill Viserys.
(b) Drogo banishes Viserys from the kingdom.
(c) Drogo has his men cut off the hand that Viserys used to draw his sword.
(d) Drogo strips Viserys of his command of an army.
2. When Daenerys goes into labor, what do her handmaidens do?
(a) They panic and become hysterical.
(b) They try to convince Daenerys ' men to take her home.
(c) They attempt to deliver Daenerys' baby themselves.
(d) They take her into the tent to get the healer.
3. Why is it significant that Arya kills a stable hand when she gets her sword, Needle?
(a) Her father used the sword for the very same reason.
(b) Her sword was meant to be decorative, not practical.
(c) She has not yet finished her sword training.
(d) She kills someone for the first time.
4. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(a) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
(b) Go to the king for support.
(c) Send his men against the Lannisters.
5. What does Daenerys do for Drogo when she finds he has been injured in battle?
(a) She dresses Drogo's wound herself.
(b) She drags Drogo to safety.
(c) She allows a healer to help him.
(d) She insists their men take him home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
2. What does Maester Aemon tell Jon he must do regarding his desire to leave the Night Watch?
3. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
4. What does Tyrion tell Bronn is the reason Tyrion dislikes his own father?
5. After learning the position of Jaime Lannister's army, where does Robb want to lead his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
2. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
3. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
4. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
5. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
6. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
7. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
8. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
9. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
10. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)