|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
(b) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
(c) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(d) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
2. What led to King Robert's hunting injury?
(a) He was lost.
(b) One of his squires intentionally injured him.
(c) His equipment was stolen.
(d) He was drunk and reckless.
3. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She tells her father what she heard.
(b) She goes straight to King Robert.
(c) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(d) She confronts the men having the conversation.
4. What does Tyrion promise to the outlaws who attack him and Bronn?
(a) Not to tell anyone about the attack.
(b) That their demands will be heard by the king.
(c) That his father will give them safe passage out of the mountains.
(d) Weapons from his father's armory.
5. What does Arya do while her sword training teacher fights Ser Meryn?
(a) Kills Ser Meryn.
(d) Freezes in terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jon think killed the two men found Beyond-the-Wall?
2. Why does Jon want to leave the Night Watch?
3. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
4. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
5. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
2. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
3. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
4. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
5. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
6. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
7. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
8. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
9. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
10. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)