|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
(a) The Targaryens.
(b) The Lannisters.
(c) The Starks.
(d) The Baratheons.
2. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She tells her father what she heard.
(b) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(c) She goes straight to King Robert.
(d) She confronts the men having the conversation.
3. Why does Drogo believe a battle against the Seven Kingdoms will be difficult and long?
(a) The Seven Kingdoms have larger, more well-equipped armies.
(b) The geography of the Seven Kingdoms is especially treacherous.
(c) The Seven Kingdoms have fortified castles.
(d) Robert is an excellent military strategist.
4. What does Cersei tell Sansa about Eddard after Sansa has been held prisoner for several days?
(a) That Eddard is now Protector of the Realm.
(b) That Eddard is dead.
(c) That Eddard is a traitor.
(d) That Eddard is not her real father.
5. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
2. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
3. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
4. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
5. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
2. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
3. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
4. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
5. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
6. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
7. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
8. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
9. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
10. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)