|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert want to do when he discovers Daenerys is pregnant?
(a) He wants to claim her child as his own.
(b) He wants to break up Daenerys' marriage.
(c) He wants to have Daenerys killed.
(d) He wants to have Daenerys kidnapped and held for ransom.
2. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
(d) Lord Stannis.
3. What is the result of the trial by combat chosen by Tyrion to face his charges?
(a) He is sentenced to perform hard labor.
(b) He is sentenced to die.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He remains captive in solitary confinement.
4. While Eddard is recovering from his injuries from the battle with the Lannisters, what does he learn about Tyrion?
(a) Tyrion is no longer being held captive by Catelyn.
(b) Tyrion has joined Robb's army.
(c) Tyrion is lost in the mountains near Eyrie.
(d) Tyrion did try to kill Bran.
5. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
2. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
3. When Eddard speaks with Cersei while Robert is hunting, why does Eddard suggest to Cersei that she should leave town?
4. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
5. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
2. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
3. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
4. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
5. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
6. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
7. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
8. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
9. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
10. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)