|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maester Aemon tell Jon he must do regarding his desire to leave the Night Watch?
(a) Confide in the Maester Prophet, who will tell Jon what to do.
(b) Remain with the Night Watch.
(c) Leave the Night Watch immediately.
(d) Choose between vows of duty and loyalty to his family.
2. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
(a) Benjen Stark lives as one of the Others.
(b) The wildlings are the only form of life left.
(c) Mystical creatures still exist there.
(d) The Others are waiting to kill anyone who travels there.
3. On the way to the Vale of Arryn, what happens to the group Catelyn and Tyrion are traveling with?
(a) The group is attacked.
(b) The group gets lost.
(c) Many men in the group become ill.
(d) The group becomes separated.
4. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
(a) She had false labor, and the baby is not yet born.
(b) The baby died.
(c) Someone kidnapped her baby.
(d) The baby is very sick and probably will not survive.
5. When Eddard speaks with Cersei while Robert is hunting, why does Eddard suggest to Cersei that she should leave town?
(a) Eddard is going to tell Robert the truth about their children's paternity.
(b) Robert is planning on divorcing Cersei to marry someone else.
(c) Cersei's own allies are planning an uprising against her.
(d) Eddard is raising armies to go against her and Jaime.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the battle at Riverrun, what concerns Catelyn about Tywin's army?
2. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
3. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
4. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
5. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
2. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
3. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
4. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
5. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
6. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
7. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
8. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
9. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
10. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)