|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
(a) Mystical creatures still exist there.
(b) Benjen Stark lives as one of the Others.
(c) The Others are waiting to kill anyone who travels there.
(d) The wildlings are the only form of life left.
2. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(b) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is sentenced to hard labor.
3. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(a) Send his men against the Lannisters.
(b) Go to the king for support.
(c) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
4. What does Osha the wildling tell Bran about dragonglass?
(a) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass is cursed.
(b) She tells him the children of the forest still forge it.
(c) She tells him the children of the forest use it to draw people to the other side of the Wall.
(d) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass has magic powers.
5. What does Tyrion promise to the outlaws who attack him and Bronn?
(a) Not to tell anyone about the attack.
(b) That his father will give them safe passage out of the mountains.
(c) Weapons from his father's armory.
(d) That their demands will be heard by the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
2. Who does the wildling girl tell Robb he should be fighting?
3. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
4. When Eddard and his men are attacked by the Lannisters at the brothel, who does Eddard say will be killed if the Lannisters kill Eddard?
5. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
2. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
3. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
4. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
5. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
6. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
7. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
8. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
9. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
10. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)