|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eddard sentence Ser Gregor to death?
(a) Ser Gregor poisoned Jon Arryn.
(b) Ser Gregor murdered his own brother at the tourney.
(c) Ser Gregor's violent behavior in Riverrun.
(d) Ser Gregor tried to assassinate Bran.
2. Why does Drogo believe a battle against the Seven Kingdoms will be difficult and long?
(a) Robert is an excellent military strategist.
(b) The geography of the Seven Kingdoms is especially treacherous.
(c) The Seven Kingdoms have larger, more well-equipped armies.
(d) The Seven Kingdoms have fortified castles.
3. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
(a) The Dothraki lands.
(b) Her family home of Eyrie.
(c) The Wall.
(d) The secluded location of Dragonstone.
4. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
(a) Appoints Sansa to a position of power.
(b) Dismisses men loyal to Robert and Eddard.
(c) Banishes Cersei from the kingdom.
(d) Sentences Eddard to death.
5. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
(a) The House of Stark.
(b) The Tyrells.
(c) The Lannisters.
(d) The Targaryens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
2. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
3. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
4. When Eddard speaks with Cersei while Robert is hunting, why does Eddard suggest to Cersei that she should leave town?
5. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
2. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
3. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
4. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
5. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
6. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
7. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
8. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
9. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
10. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)