|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
2. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
(a) He is demoted.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is asked to leave the Night Watch.
(d) He is seriously injured when Ser Alliser challenges him to a fight.
3. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
(a) She is almost poisoned.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) She has a miscarriage.
(d) She is kidnapped by Cersei's guardsmen.
4. What does Osha the wildling tell Bran about dragonglass?
(a) She tells him the children of the forest use it to draw people to the other side of the Wall.
(b) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass has magic powers.
(c) She tells him the children of the forest still forge it.
(d) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass is cursed.
5. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
(a) They are looking for Benjen Stark and the missing knight.
(b) They are looking for the children of the forest.
(c) They are looking for the wildlings who attacked Bran.
(d) They are looking for the body that belongs to the severed hand brought to Jon by his direwolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
2. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
3. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
4. Where does Catelyn want to go after she discusses military strategy with Robb?
5. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
2. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
3. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
4. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
5. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
6. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
7. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
8. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
9. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
10. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)