|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(b) He is sentenced to hard labor.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
2. What order of Robert's does Cersei tear up?
(a) HIs order for Cersei to be banished from the kingdom because of her infidelity.
(b) His order for Joffrey to become Protector of the Realm.
(c) His order for Jaime to stand trial for killing Eddard's men.
(d) His order for Eddard to become Protector of the Realm.
3. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(b) Go to the king for support.
(c) Send his men against the Lannisters.
(d) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
4. When will Lysa Arryn's son Robert be able to rule as Lord of the Eyries?
(a) When he is old enough.
(b) When he is strong enough.
(c) When he produces an heir.
(d) When he finishes his sword training.
5. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
(a) She says she is bored at home.
(b) She has made many close friends in King's Landing.
(c) She enjoys watching the tourneys in King's Landing.
(d) She wants to stay with Joffrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
2. Why is it significant that Arya kills a stable hand when she gets her sword, Needle?
3. What does Maester Aemon tell Jon he must do regarding his desire to leave the Night Watch?
4. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
5. Whose army do Tyrion and the outlaws who attacked him join after they come out of the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
2. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
3. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
4. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
5. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
6. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
7. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
8. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
9. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
10. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)