|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
(a) Kill Catelyn.
(d) Convince Catelyn of his innocence.
2. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
(a) The Others are waiting to kill anyone who travels there.
(b) The wildlings are the only form of life left.
(c) Mystical creatures still exist there.
(d) Benjen Stark lives as one of the Others.
3. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(a) Send his men against the Lannisters.
(b) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
(d) Go to the king for support.
4. Who does the wildling girl tell Robb he should be fighting?
(a) The Night Watch.
(b) The Targaryens.
(c) Mance Rayder.
(d) Jaime Lannister.
5. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(b) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
(c) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
(d) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jon want to leave the Night Watch?
2. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
3. Why does Eddard sentence Ser Gregor to death?
4. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
5. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
2. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
3. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
4. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
5. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
6. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
7. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
8. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
9. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
10. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)