|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
(a) Tyrion saves Catelyn's life.
(b) Tyrion finds the part of the group that got separated.
(c) Tyrion helps Catelyn and her group find their way out of the forest.
(d) Tyrion mends a wound sustained by Catelyn's horse.
2. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
(b) He is sentenced to hard labor.
(c) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(d) He is beheaded.
3. How does Lord Commander Mormont honor Jon's family with the sword given to Jon?
(a) He holds a ceremony to rename the sword Greatstark.
(b) He has the pommel fashioned to look like a wolf's head.
(c) He presents the sword, which originally belonged to a legendary ancestor of Jon's family, to Jon.
(d) He has the hilt of the sword covered with jewels found only in the lands of Jon's family home.
4. Why does Eddard sentence Ser Gregor to death?
(a) Ser Gregor tried to assassinate Bran.
(b) Ser Gregor murdered his own brother at the tourney.
(c) Ser Gregor poisoned Jon Arryn.
(d) Ser Gregor's violent behavior in Riverrun.
5. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
(a) The Starks.
(b) The Lannisters.
(c) The Targaryens.
(d) The Baratheons.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
2. What led to King Robert's hunting injury?
3. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
4. What do Robb and his men discover about two of the wildlings who attacked Bran?
5. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
2. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
3. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
4. On what condition will Cersei grant mercy for Eddard?
5. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
6. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
7. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
8. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
9. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
10. What is the deal Catelyn makes with Lord Walder of the Twins so Robb's army can cross the river?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)