|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
(a) Drogo strips Viserys of his command of an army.
(b) Drogo banishes Viserys from the kingdom.
(c) Drogo has his men cut off the hand that Viserys used to draw his sword.
(d) Drogo has his men kill Viserys.
2. Why does Drogo believe a battle against the Seven Kingdoms will be difficult and long?
(a) The geography of the Seven Kingdoms is especially treacherous.
(b) Robert is an excellent military strategist.
(c) The Seven Kingdoms have fortified castles.
(d) The Seven Kingdoms have larger, more well-equipped armies.
3. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
(a) The Targaryens.
(b) The Lannisters.
(c) The Baratheons.
(d) The Starks.
4. What order of Robert's does Cersei tear up?
(a) His order for Jaime to stand trial for killing Eddard's men.
(b) His order for Joffrey to become Protector of the Realm.
(c) His order for Eddard to become Protector of the Realm.
(d) HIs order for Cersei to be banished from the kingdom because of her infidelity.
5. What does Osha the wildling tell Bran about dragonglass?
(a) She tells him the children of the forest use it to draw people to the other side of the Wall.
(b) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass is cursed.
(c) She tells him that anyone who possesses dragonglass has magic powers.
(d) She tells him the children of the forest still forge it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
2. Who does the wildling girl tell Robb he should be fighting?
3. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
4. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
5. Who does Jon think killed the two men found Beyond-the-Wall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
2. Even though Tyrion survives the battle with Robb's army, why is he upset about the flank of the army to which his father assigned him?
3. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
4. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
5. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
6. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
7. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
8. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
9. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
10. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)