|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
(b) Lord Stannis.
2. What causes Daenerys to smother Drogo with a pillow?
(a) She is forced to by the healer.
(b) She is angry with him for trying to invade the Seven Kingdoms.
(c) She finds him with one of her handmaidens.
(d) She learns he will not recover from his injury.
3. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(b) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
(c) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
(d) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
4. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
(b) Red Fork.
(d) King's Landing.
5. Who tells Arya that her father wants to see her as she is sword training?
(a) Fat Tom.
(c) Lannister guardsmen.
(d) Syrio Forel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daenerys goes into labor, what do her handmaidens do?
2. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
3. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
4. What is Catelyn's concern about Lysa Arryn's son, Robert Arryn?
5. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
2. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
3. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
4. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
5. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
6. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
7. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
8. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
9. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
10. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)