|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(c) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
(d) He is sentenced to hard labor.
2. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
(a) King's Landing.
(c) Red Fork.
3. What does Cersei tell Sansa about Eddard after Sansa has been held prisoner for several days?
(a) That Eddard is dead.
(b) That Eddard is now Protector of the Realm.
(c) That Eddard is not her real father.
(d) That Eddard is a traitor.
4. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She goes straight to King Robert.
(b) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(c) She confronts the men having the conversation.
(d) She tells her father what she heard.
5. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(a) Go to the king for support.
(c) Send his men against the Lannisters.
(d) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
2. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
3. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
4. Because Bran keeps insisting that the children of the forest exist, what does Maester Luwin do?
5. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
2. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
3. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
4. What does Eddard see as a benefit if he joins the Night Watch?
5. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
6. What does Sam tell Jon when Jon is upset that he is made steward to the Lord Commander of the Night Watch?
7. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
8. What do Robb and Catelyn decide to do about the letter from Sansa?
9. What are Eddard's conflicting feelings about remaining in King's Landing when he resigns as the King's Hand?
10. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)