|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(b) She tells her father what she heard.
(c) She goes straight to King Robert.
(d) She confronts the men having the conversation.
2. What led to King Robert's hunting injury?
(a) His equipment was stolen.
(b) One of his squires intentionally injured him.
(c) He was lost.
(d) He was drunk and reckless.
3. While Eddard is recovering from his injuries from the battle with the Lannisters, what does he learn about Tyrion?
(a) Tyrion is no longer being held captive by Catelyn.
(b) Tyrion has joined Robb's army.
(c) Tyrion is lost in the mountains near Eyrie.
(d) Tyrion did try to kill Bran.
4. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
(a) The Targaryens.
(b) The Tyrells.
(c) The Lannisters.
(d) The House of Stark.
5. What does Arya do while her sword training teacher fights Ser Meryn?
(b) Freezes in terror.
(d) Kills Ser Meryn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
2. Whom does Eddard think is the rightful heir to Robert's throne?
3. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
4. What order of Robert's does Cersei tear up?
5. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
2. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
3. What was the distraction provided by the battle in which Tyrion fought with his father's army?
4. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
5. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
6. What event causes Drogo to change his mind and invade the Seven Kingdoms?
7. How does Cersei thwart Robert's dying wish that Eddard become Protector of the Realm?
8. Why does Eddard choose his own man, instead of the King's Justice, to enforce the death sentence against Ser Gregor?
9. What knowledge about the paternity of Cersei's children does Eddard reveal to Cersei?
10. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)