|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eddard and his men are attacked by the Lannisters at the brothel, who does Eddard say will be killed if the Lannisters kill Eddard?
(c) All the remaining Lannister descendants.
2. How does Lord Commander Mormont honor Jon's family with the sword given to Jon?
(a) He holds a ceremony to rename the sword Greatstark.
(b) He presents the sword, which originally belonged to a legendary ancestor of Jon's family, to Jon.
(c) He has the pommel fashioned to look like a wolf's head.
(d) He has the hilt of the sword covered with jewels found only in the lands of Jon's family home.
3. When Eddard speaks with Cersei while Robert is hunting, why does Eddard suggest to Cersei that she should leave town?
(a) Eddard is going to tell Robert the truth about their children's paternity.
(b) Robert is planning on divorcing Cersei to marry someone else.
(c) Eddard is raising armies to go against her and Jaime.
(d) Cersei's own allies are planning an uprising against her.
4. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(b) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
(c) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
(d) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
5. Why does Drogo believe a battle against the Seven Kingdoms will be difficult and long?
(a) The Seven Kingdoms have fortified castles.
(b) The Seven Kingdoms have larger, more well-equipped armies.
(c) Robert is an excellent military strategist.
(d) The geography of the Seven Kingdoms is especially treacherous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
2. Where does Catelyn want to go after she discusses military strategy with Robb?
3. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
4. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
5. Who tells Arya that her father wants to see her as she is sword training?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Arya disguise herself as a boy?
2. When Sansa discusses the children she and Joffrey will have, what does Eddard realize about Jon Arryn's death?
3. What does Lysa Arryn say about the Lannisters that shows she is unstable?
4. What is the threat Robert makes to Eddard if Eddard resigns as King's Hand?
5. While Bran is riding in the woods with Robb and some of their men, what do the wildlings who capture Bran want to do with him?
6. What is said about Arya's father in the conversation she overhears while she is sword training in the Red Keep?
7. Why is Jon sent to his room under guard after he has a fight with Ser Alliser at dinner?
8. Under what condition will Cersei allow Sansa to marry Joffrey?
9. What gesture does Daenerys make toward her brother Viserys that shows she is growing up?
10. Why does Bran want to go into the crypt?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)