|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Viserys and Daenerys, descendants of the House of Targaryens, lose their father?
(a) Viserys killed him.
(b) In the war in which they lost their throne.
(c) In a hunting accident.
(d) In a direwolf attack.
2. What wedding gift does Daenerys receive from her husband Drogo?
(a) A sword.
(b) Three precious stones.
(c) A beautiful white mare.
(d) Three dragon eggs.
3. Who are the Others?
(a) A group of corpses who kill mindlessly.
(b) A group of direwolves.
(c) An organization of high-ranking soldiers.
(d) An organization of disgraced men.
4. Why does Uncle Benjen say Jon should not join the Night Watch?
(a) It is Jon's responsibility to remain with his family.
(b) Jon will not be accepted because of his father's position.
(c) Jon is too good for the Night Watch.
(d) Jon is not strong enough.
5. What does the Night Watch Guard tell Robb and Bran about Uncle Benjen's disappearance on the other side of the Wall?
(a) He will be saved by a highly-trained group from the Night Watch.
(b) He will be saved by the children from Old Nan's story.
(c) He is probably dead.
(d) He has probably become a member of the Night Watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to save Bran when the assassin enters his room?
2. What does Jon learn about Benjen Stark from Tyrion?
3. In Bran's dream, what is his family surrounded by?
4. Whom does Jon befriend after he and Uncle Benjen argue about the Night Watch?
5. According to Lady Catelyn, how might the king perceive Lord Eddard's refusal to become the King's Hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Cersei decide after Joffrey and Arya describe their parts in the sword fighting incident?
2. What does Daenerys discover about her husband, Drogo, after they are married?
3. Explain what happens when Joffrey and Sansa see Arya and Mycah, the butcher's son, practicing sword fighting.
4. Why is Jon Snow having difficulty while training for the Night Watch?
5. What causes the internal difficulties faced by the Night Watch?
6. In general, what does Bran's dream tell him about his family?
7. Why is Jon not permitted to participate in the activities he views from the parapet?
8. Why is the size of Tyrion's shadow important as he reenters the castle after talking with Jon?
9. Explain what happens when Bran is climbing near the First Keep and overhears a conversation.
10. When Eddard asks Grand Maester Pycelle if Jon Arryn's death could have been caused by poisoning, what does Pycelle say the use of poison suggests?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)