|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyrion hope will happen when Bran recovers from his fall from the window?
(a) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to tell about his fall from the window.
(b) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to continue sparring.
(c) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to continue caring for the crows nesting in the First Keep.
(d) Tyrion hopes Bran's parents will be able to recover from the shock of Bran's fall.
2. Why has Tyrion designed a saddle for Bran?
(a) Tyrion wants to get back into the family's good graces.
(b) Tyrion promised Jon he would help Bran.
(c) Lord Eddard ordered Tyrion to design the saddle.
(d) Tyrion needs money for the Night Watch.
3. At the beginning of chapter 17, what is Bran's condition?
(a) He is awake, but groggy.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He has recovered from his injuries but is suffering from an infection.
(d) He is fully recovered and walking around.
4. After finding out about Daenerys' wedding, what does Robert tell Eddard he wants to do?
(b) Send men to kill Lord Varys.
(c) Confront Cersei.
(d) Send men to kill Daenerys.
5. What does Eddard want to do after Catelyn tells him about Bran's assassination attempt and the dagger which was used to try to kill Bran?
(a) Eddard wants to punish the dagger's owner himself.
(b) Eddard wants to banish all Lannisters from the kingdom.
(c) Eddard wants to go to the king.
(d) Eddard wants to take his family and return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have happened to Arya if she had been found by the Lannisters' men after the incident involving Joffrey?
2. What is Sansa's reaction when she is questioned about the incident involving Joffrey and Arya?
3. When Littlefinger visits Eddard with information about Jon Arryn's death, what do they see outside Eddard's window?
4. What does Bran believe about Uncle Benjen's disappearance on the other side of the Wall after the Night Watch Guard visits Bran and Robb?
5. What do Will and Ser Royce find when they return to the scene where Will made his observation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it concern Eddard that Jaime is named Warden of the East?
2. What does Varys, the eunuch in Robert's court, tell Eddard about Cersei on the night of the tourney Robert chose not to participate in?
3. What rules must the members of the Night Watch follow?
4. What wish does Lady Catelyn express to Jon when he visits the injured Bran?
5. Why does the debt owed by the kingdom to the Lannisters concern Eddard?
6. Describe the story that Old Nan tells Bran as he recovers from his injuries.
7. What does Eddard learn about Gendry, a boy who is apprenticed to the master armorer, Tobho Mott?
8. What do the direwolf and the stag each represent?
9. Explain what happens when Joffrey and Sansa see Arya and Mycah, the butcher's son, practicing sword fighting.
10. Why does Lady Catelyn want Lord Eddard to take the job as King's Hand?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)