|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bran dream of doing when he gets older?
(a) Being a Kingsguard.
(b) Becoming Lord of the North.
(c) Joining the Night Watch.
(d) Being the king's animal keeper.
2. As Will follows Ser Royce's order, what does he see?
(a) The beggars and thieves waiting to ambush Ser Royce.
(b) Their own camp has been completely destroyed.
(c) Men crowded around Ser Royce.
(d) The bodies of those washed away by the floodwaters.
3. Who sent the letter about Daenerys' wedding to Khal Drogo that Robert shows to Eddard while they are riding?
(a) Lysa Arryn.
(b) Lord Varys.
(c) Khal Drogo.
4. Who originally owned the dagger used in Bran's murder attempt?
(c) Ser Loras Tyrell.
(d) Jaime Lannister.
5. How does Robb treat Tyrion when Tyrion visits Bran?
(a) Robb thanks Tyrion for finding Bran when he fell, then asks Tyrion to leave.
(b) Robb is friendly.
(c) Robb is hostile.
(d) Robb ignores Tyrion.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding out about Daenerys' wedding, what does Robert tell Eddard he wants to do?
2. Why does Tyrion regret telling Jon about the Night Watch while they are traveling to the Wall?
3. Why does Jon want to keep the five direwolf pups they find when they are riding back to town after executing the Night Watch deserter?
4. Who accompanies Lady Catelyn to King's Landing?
5. Who is Lord Stannis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the direwolf and the stag each represent?
2. Explain what happens when Bran is climbing near the First Keep and overhears a conversation.
3. What is the plan of Viserys, a descendant of the House of Targaryens, for his sister Daenerys?
4. Explain the relationship between Jon Arryn, Lord Eddard Stark, and Robert Baratheon, and how they acquired their positions of authority.
5. What does Queen Cersei decide after Joffrey and Arya describe their parts in the sword fighting incident?
6. Explain what happens when Tyrion and Catelyn meet at an inn at the Crossroads.
7. After speaking with her friend in King's Landing about Bran's murder attempt, why will Lady Catelyn conclude that Tyrion Lannister tried to kill Bran?
8. How is Robert Baratheon's relationship with Lyanna important?
9. Why does the debt owed by the kingdom to the Lannisters concern Eddard?
10. Why do Cersei and Jaime hope that Bran does not recover from his fall?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)