|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Daenerys and Viserys argue about when he finds her walking alone in the Dothraki Sea?
(a) They argue about the name of the baby she is going to have.
(b) Viserys is impatient to command an army.
(c) Viserys tells her she should not be walking alone.
(d) Viserys wants the priceless dragon eggs given to Daenerys as a wedding gift.
2. What happens to some of the recruits who Jon beats while training for the Night Watch?
(a) They lose sword fighting privileges.
(b) They are injured.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are banished from the Night Watch.
3. What was the former occupation of Ser Royce, leader of the Night Watch?
(a) A thief.
(b) A corrupt member of the ruling dynasty.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A disgraced knight.
4. What does Tyrion hope will happen when Bran recovers from his fall from the window?
(a) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to continue sparring.
(b) Tyrion hopes Bran's parents will be able to recover from the shock of Bran's fall.
(c) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to continue caring for the crows nesting in the First Keep.
(d) Tyrion hopes Bran will be able to tell about his fall from the window.
5. Who accompanies Jon and Tyrion to the Wall?
(b) Lord Eddard.
(c) Uncle Benjen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jon befriend after he and Uncle Benjen argue about the Night Watch?
2. What is the sole responsibility of the Night Watch?
3. When Lady Catelyn tells Littlefinger why she is in King's Landing, what does he tell her?
4. After finding out about Daenerys' wedding, what does Robert tell Eddard he wants to do?
5. Who does Viserys blame for his family's losses in the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story that Old Nan tells Bran as he recovers from his injuries.
2. Why does Lady Catelyn decide to travel to King's Landing after the attempt on Bran's life?
3. Explain the relationship between Jon Arryn, Lord Eddard Stark, and Robert Baratheon, and how they acquired their positions of authority.
4. Why is Jon Snow having difficulty while training for the Night Watch?
5. What is the purpose of the fire that was set in the library as Bran lay injured in his bed?
6. Why is Jon not permitted to participate in the activities he views from the parapet?
7. What rules must the members of the Night Watch follow?
8. Why do Cersei and Jaime hope that Bran does not recover from his fall?
9. What does Varys, the eunuch in Robert's court, tell Eddard about Cersei on the night of the tourney Robert chose not to participate in?
10. What do the direwolf and the stag each represent?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)