|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mycah, the butcher's son, after the incident with Arya and Joffrey?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is banished from the kingdom.
(c) He is held hostage by the Lannisters.
(d) He runs away from home.
2. After finding out about Daenerys' wedding, what does Robert tell Eddard he wants to do?
(a) Send men to kill Lord Varys.
(c) Send men to kill Daenerys.
(d) Confront Cersei.
3. After Arya leaves the table in anger, saying that she hates living in King's Landing, what does Eddard discover when he goes to speak to her?
(a) Eddard discovers that Arya has run away to find Jon at the Wall.
(b) Eddard finds her in a confrontation with Joffrey.
(c) Eddard finds that Arya has a sword, Needle.
(d) Eddard discovers that Arya has convinced her mother to take her home.
4. What does Robb tell Maester Luwin when he tries to persuade Lady Catelyn to leave Bran's bedside?
(a) Robb tells him that he will attend to business matters.
(b) Robb tells him that he will sit with Bran while his mother rests.
(c) Robb tells him that he will sit with Bran while his mother eats.
(d) Robb tells him that he will sit with Bran while his mother attends to business.
5. What was the former occupation of Ser Royce, leader of the Night Watch?
(a) A disgraced knight.
(b) A corrupt member of the ruling dynasty.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Will follows Ser Royce's order, what does he see?
2. Why does Uncle Benjen say Jon should not join the Night Watch?
3. Who took Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark as wards when the opposing king wanted them killed?
4. Why does Tyrion slap Joffrey across the face when Tyrion tells him to pay his respects to Lady Catelyn and Lord Eddard?
5. Why does Robert decide not to participate in the tourney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Queen Cersei decide after Joffrey and Arya describe their parts in the sword fighting incident?
2. What causes the internal difficulties faced by the Night Watch?
3. Why is Jon not permitted to participate in the activities he views from the parapet?
4. What is the purpose of the fire that was set in the library as Bran lay injured in his bed?
5. What wish does Lady Catelyn express to Jon when he visits the injured Bran?
6. What do the direwolf and the stag each represent?
7. Why is Jon Snow having difficulty while training for the Night Watch?
8. Explain what happens when Joffrey and Sansa see Arya and Mycah, the butcher's son, practicing sword fighting.
9. What does Eddard learn about Gendry, a boy who is apprenticed to the master armorer, Tobho Mott?
10. After speaking with her friend in King's Landing about Bran's murder attempt, why will Lady Catelyn conclude that Tyrion Lannister tried to kill Bran?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)