|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eddard find a prostitute is in possession of at the brothel?
(a) An illegitimate child of Eddard's.
(b) An illegitimate child of Robert's.
(c) Proof of Bran's attempted assassination.
(d) Proof of Jon Arryn's killer.
2. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
(a) Kill Catelyn.
(b) Convince Catelyn of his innocence.
3. Because Bran keeps insisting that the children of the forest exist, what does Maester Luwin do?
(a) He tells Bran about the children of the forest.
(b) He takes Bran to see that the children of the forest do not exist.
(c) He tells Bran that he is falling under the evil spell of the children of the forest.
(d) He tells Bran that if he continues to talk about the children of the forest, he will not be permitted to become a knight.
4. What happens to Jon as he trains and serves with the Night Watch?
(a) He is asked to leave the Night Watch.
(b) He is promoted.
(c) He is seriously injured when Ser Alliser challenges him to a fight.
(d) He is demoted.
5. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
(a) Send his men against the Lannisters.
(c) Go to the king for support.
(d) Hold a Lannister for ransom.
6. On the way to the Vale of Arryn, what happens to the group Catelyn and Tyrion are traveling with?
(a) The group becomes separated.
(b) Many men in the group become ill.
(c) The group gets lost.
(d) The group is attacked.
7. What happens to Eddard when he tries to have Cersei arrested?
(a) Cersei sentences Eddard to immediate death.
(b) Cersei banishes Eddard from the kingdom.
(c) Eddard is arrested.
(d) Eddard is named Protector of the Realm.
8. What does Arya do after overhearing the conversation about her father while she was sword training in the Red Keep?
(a) She goes straight to King Robert.
(b) She confronts the men having the conversation.
(c) She formulates her own plan to thwart the plot against her father.
(d) She tells her father what she heard.
9. What order of Robert's does Cersei tear up?
(a) His order for Eddard to become Protector of the Realm.
(b) His order for Jaime to stand trial for killing Eddard's men.
(c) His order for Joffrey to become Protector of the Realm.
(d) HIs order for Cersei to be banished from the kingdom because of her infidelity.
10. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
(a) He has the Hound force her to go.
(b) He has her taken to the gatehouse and beaten.
(c) He threatens to send her to Beyond-the-Wall.
(d) He humiliates her in front of the crowd gathered for a trial.
11. What does Bran learn from the wildling girl about what exists on the other side of the Wall?
(a) The Others are waiting to kill anyone who travels there.
(b) Benjen Stark lives as one of the Others.
(c) The wildlings are the only form of life left.
(d) Mystical creatures still exist there.
12. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
(a) The Baratheons.
(b) The Lannisters.
(c) The Starks.
(d) The Targaryens.
13. What does Drogo do with the men he discovers destroying a village?
(a) He forces them to join his army.
(b) He uses the men as hostages to trade for ships.
(c) He drives them into a dangerous, unexplored area of Dothraki.
(d) He kills them.
14. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
15. What does Tyrion do for Catelyn when their travel to the Vale of Arryn is disrupted?
(a) Tyrion saves Catelyn's life.
(b) Tyrion mends a wound sustained by Catelyn's horse.
(c) Tyrion helps Catelyn and her group find their way out of the forest.
(d) Tyrion finds the part of the group that got separated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cersei tell Sansa about Eddard after Sansa has been held prisoner for several days?
2. When Eddard tells Arya and Sansa that he is sending them home, why does Sansa not want to return home?
3. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
4. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
5. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)