|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jon want to leave the Night Watch?
(a) He realizes the dangers of the Night Watch is not worth it.
(b) He wants to help Robb fight against the Lannisters.
(c) He is tired of Ser Alliser's abuse.
(d) He wants to marry.
2. After the guard outside of Jon's room is killed, who does Jon see trying to harm the Lord Commander?
(a) A corpse of one of the dead men from Beyond-the-Wall.
(b) The children of the forest.
(c) Ser Alliser.
(d) A group of wildlings.
3. What happens to Viserys when he draws a sword on Daenerys at a ceremony honoring her unborn child?
(a) Drogo banishes Viserys from the kingdom.
(b) Drogo has his men cut off the hand that Viserys used to draw his sword.
(c) Drogo has his men kill Viserys.
(d) Drogo strips Viserys of his command of an army.
4. What does Tyrion promise to the outlaws who attack him and Bronn?
(a) Not to tell anyone about the attack.
(b) Weapons from his father's armory.
(c) That his father will give them safe passage out of the mountains.
(d) That their demands will be heard by the king.
5. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
(a) The Dothraki lands.
(b) The secluded location of Dragonstone.
(c) The Wall.
(d) Her family home of Eyrie.
6. On the way to the Vale of Arryn, what happens to the group Catelyn and Tyrion are traveling with?
(a) Many men in the group become ill.
(b) The group is attacked.
(c) The group becomes separated.
(d) The group gets lost.
7. Once Jon takes his vows as a member of the Night Watch, where does he hope to be assigned?
(a) Steward to the Lord Commander.
(b) The wildlings.
(c) A sword-fighting trainer.
(d) The rangers.
8. After Drogo tells Daenerys he no longer intends to invade the Seven Kingdoms, what happens to Daenerys while she is visiting a market?
(a) She is almost poisoned.
(b) She is robbed.
(c) She is kidnapped by Cersei's guardsmen.
(d) She has a miscarriage.
9. When Daenerys wakes from a fever, what does she learn about her baby?
(a) The baby died.
(b) The baby is very sick and probably will not survive.
(c) Someone kidnapped her baby.
(d) She had false labor, and the baby is not yet born.
10. What happens to Sansa when she refuses to sit in court with Joffrey?
(a) He has her taken to the gatehouse and beaten.
(b) He has the Hound force her to go.
(c) He threatens to send her to Beyond-the-Wall.
(d) He humiliates her in front of the crowd gathered for a trial.
11. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
(d) He is sentenced to hard labor.
12. What is Catelyn's concern about Lysa Arryn's son, Robert Arryn?
(a) Catelyn thinks he needs to be sent away to learn discpline.
(b) Catelyn thinks he needs a special doctor to treat his illness.
(c) Catelyn thinks he is in mortal danger from the Lannisters.
(d) Catelyn thinks he is not really Jon Arryn's son.
13. What does Tyrion tell Bronn is the reason Tyrion dislikes his own father?
(a) Tyrion's father disinherited him.
(b) Tyrion's father killed Tyrion's mother.
(c) Tyrion's father reneged on a promise to Tyrion.
(d) Tyrion's father humiliated him.
14. To what family does Maester Aemon belong?
(a) The Targaryens.
(b) The Starks.
(c) The Baratheons.
(d) The Lannisters.
15. What is the result of Robb's battle with Jaime Lannister's army at Riverrun?
(a) Both Jaime and Robb are killed.
(b) Robb is taken captive.
(c) Jaime is taken captive.
(d) Jaime and Robb withdraw their armies after sustaining heavy losses.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tyrion and Catelyn are on the way to the Vale of Arryn, what does Tyrion attempt to do?
2. Because Robert knows he is dying, whom does he make Protector of the Realm?
3. While Eddard is recovering from his injuries from the battle with the Lannisters, what does he learn about Tyrion?
4. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
5. What does Robb want to do when he learns of the fight between Eddard and the Lannisters?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)