|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catelyn decide to take Tyrion instead of to King's Landing?
(a) The secluded location of Dragonstone.
(b) The Wall.
(c) The Dothraki lands.
(d) Her family home of Eyrie.
2. Why is Catelyn's uncle concerned about the possibility of Lysa Arryn's son Robert ruling as Lord of the Eyries?
(a) He knows that Robert will rule in name only, with Lysa controlling the decisions.
(b) He worries that Robert is not as strong as his father.
(c) He realizes the imminent danger to Robert from the Lannisters.
(d) He knows there is another heir in line to rule.
3. What does Daenerys do for Drogo when she finds he has been injured in battle?
(a) She dresses Drogo's wound herself.
(b) She drags Drogo to safety.
(c) She allows a healer to help him.
(d) She insists their men take him home.
4. Who does Cersei blame for the fight between the Lannisters and Eddard and his men at the brothel?
5. What is the result of Robb's battle with Jaime Lannister's army at Riverrun?
(a) Jaime is taken captive.
(b) Both Jaime and Robb are killed.
(c) Jaime and Robb withdraw their armies after sustaining heavy losses.
(d) Robb is taken captive.
6. What is the result of the trial by combat chosen by Tyrion to face his charges?
(a) He is sentenced to perform hard labor.
(b) He is sentenced to die.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He remains captive in solitary confinement.
7. What does Arya do while her sword training teacher fights Ser Meryn?
(a) Freezes in terror.
(b) Kills Ser Meryn.
8. Where does Catelyn want to go after she discusses military strategy with Robb?
(a) Red Fork.
(b) King's Landing.
9. What does Daenerys do as Drogo's battle injury becomes infected, endangering his life?
(a) She tries to perform a magic spell she learned as a child.
(b) She talks to Drogo about their unborn child.
(c) She insists that their men take Drogo home.
(d) She allows the healer to perform a dangerous, unpredictable spell.
10. What does Joffrey do at his first court session?
(a) Appoints Sansa to a position of power.
(b) Sentences Eddard to death.
(c) Dismisses men loyal to Robert and Eddard.
(d) Banishes Cersei from the kingdom.
11. Where does Robb want to send his army of foot soldiers?
(a) South to intercept Lord Tywin Lannister.
(b) North to fight Mance Rayder.
(c) Red Fork.
12. Where does Robb want Catelyn to go after they discuss military strategy?
(c) Red Fork.
(d) King's Landing.
13. What happens to Eddard when he confesses to treason and swears loyalty to Joffrey?
(a) He is allowed to join the Night Watch.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is placed in solitary confinement.
(d) He is sentenced to hard labor.
14. What does Cersei tell Sansa about Eddard after Sansa has been held prisoner for several days?
(a) That Eddard is not her real father.
(b) That Eddard is a traitor.
(c) That Eddard is dead.
(d) That Eddard is now Protector of the Realm.
15. When Eddard and his men are attacked by the Lannisters at the brothel, who does Eddard say will be killed if the Lannisters kill Eddard?
(d) All the remaining Lannister descendants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Jon and a group of men from the Night Watch go Beyond-the-Wall?
2. Who does the wildling girl tell Robb he should be fighting?
3. When Daenerys goes into labor, what do her handmaidens do?
4. What led to King Robert's hunting injury?
5. Who do Lysa Arryn and Lord Stannis want to go to war against?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)