|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Lady Catelyn to King's Landing?
(a) Ser Rodrik.
(b) Ser Loras Tyrell.
(d) Lord Eddard.
2. When Tyrion announces at breakfast the morning after Bran fell from the window that Bran will probably survive, how do Jaime and Cersei react?
(a) Cersei and Jaime excuse themselves.
(b) Cersei and Jaime exchange a meaningful glance.
(c) Cersei bumps Jaime's leg under the table.
(d) Cersei and Jaime change the subject.
3. Why does Tyrion regret telling Jon about the Night Watch while they are traveling to the Wall?
(a) Tyrion realizes too late that he divulged secret information.
(b) Jon becomes even more determined to join the Night Watch.
(c) Jon retaliates by mocking Tyrion's physical disability.
(d) Tyrion offends Jon.
4. Who took Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark as wards when the opposing king wanted them killed?
(a) Cersei and Jaime Lannister.
(b) King Aerys Targaryen.
(c) Jon Arryn.
(d) Maester Aemon Targaryen.
5. How does Robb treat Tyrion when Tyrion visits Bran?
(a) Robb is friendly.
(b) Robb ignores Tyrion.
(c) Robb is hostile.
(d) Robb thanks Tyrion for finding Bran when he fell, then asks Tyrion to leave.
6. Who originally owned the dagger used in Bran's murder attempt?
(b) Ser Loras Tyrell.
(d) Jaime Lannister.
7. Who does Viserys blame for his family's losses in the war?
(a) The Dothraki king.
(b) Lord Eddard Stark.
(c) Jon Arryn.
(d) Robert Baratheon.
8. After Arya leaves the table in anger, saying that she hates living in King's Landing, what does Eddard discover when he goes to speak to her?
(a) Eddard finds that Arya has a sword, Needle.
(b) Eddard discovers that Arya has run away to find Jon at the Wall.
(c) Eddard discovers that Arya has convinced her mother to take her home.
(d) Eddard finds her in a confrontation with Joffrey.
9. What news does Lady Catelyn Stark have about Robert Baratheon for her husband when she finds him in the godswood?
(a) Robert Baratheon and his family are coming to visit.
(b) Robert Baratheon is divorcing his wife.
(c) Robert Baratheon has been seriously injured in an ambush.
(d) Robert Baratheon and his family have been taken prisoner by a rival family.
10. Who tries to save Bran when the assassin enters his room?
(b) Ser Rodrik.
(c) Lady Catelyn.
11. What does Jon give Arya before he leaves to go to the Wall?
(a) His direwolf pup.
(b) His favorite book.
(c) A lute.
(d) A sword.
12. When Jon visits the injured Bran, what does Lady Catelyn tell Jon to do?
(c) Help her find out how Bran's injury happened.
(d) Sit with Bran while she takes a nap.
13. While Sansa prepares to spend an afternoon with the queen and Princess Myrcella, what does Joffrey ask Sansa to do?
(a) Attend a formal gathering celebrating their engagement.
(c) Go fishing with him.
(d) Go for a horseback ride with him.
14. What is Lord Eddard Stark doing when his wife finds him in the godswood on the night he rescued the direwolf pups?
(a) Wrestling with the direwolf pups.
(b) Attending to various civil matters of the kingdom.
(c) Holding a war council.
(d) Thinking about the day's events.
15. What happens when Robb and Joffrey are not permitted to fight with real swords?
(a) Robb and Joffrey agree to meet later and fight in secret.
(b) Robb and Joffrey respectfully obey.
(c) Robb and Joffrey fight with each other.
(d) Robb and Joffrey turn on their adult supervisors
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bran's assassin as he tries to kill Bran?
2. Who wins the jousting championship?
3. How does Joffrey react when Sansa tries to comfort him after the sword fighting incident with Arya and Mycah?
4. When do the Others show themselves?
5. Why does Robert decide not to participate in the tourney?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)