|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bran fall from a window after climbing near the First Keep?
(a) He loses his footing when the rocks around the window crumble.
(b) He and his brother are playfully wrestling.
(c) Jaime pushes him.
(d) The window frame he clings to breaks.
2. What does Robert Baratheon tell Lord Eddard about Jon Arryn's death?
(a) It was sudden.
(b) It was suspicious.
(c) It was long and painful.
(d) It was supposed to be kept secret.
3. What does Tyrion do when he sees the reactions of Jaime and Cersei after he announces at breakfast that Bran will survive his fall from the window?
(b) Immediately asks them about their reactions.
(c) Makes a mental note to speak to them privately after breakfast.
(d) Makes a mental note to speak to Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn after breakfast.
4. While they are at the inn at the Crossroads, when does Tyrion see that Catelyn is also there?
(a) When a musician dedicates a performance to Tyrion.
(b) When the owner of the inn makes a toast to Catelyn.
(c) When Tyrion arrives at the inn and sees Catelyn's horses and carriage in the stable.
(d) When Catelyn offers to buy Tyrion dinner.
5. Where is the throne located that Viserys wants to regain?
(d) King's Great Hall.
6. When Jon injures Grenn, a Night Watch recruit, during training, how does Grenn react?
(a) Grenn tells their training leader.
(b) Grenn injures Jon in the same way Jon injured him.
(c) Grenn throws Jon's sword in the river.
(d) Grenn and others attack Jon in his cell.
7. Who took Robert Baratheon and Eddard Stark as wards when the opposing king wanted them killed?
(a) Maester Aemon Targaryen.
(b) Cersei and Jaime Lannister.
(c) Jon Arryn.
(d) King Aerys Targaryen.
8. What wakes Bran from his coma?
(a) The crow in his dream.
(b) Water splashed on his face by his mother.
(c) The sunshine on his face after a shadow blocking it moves.
(d) His direwolf howling outside his bedroom window.
9. Why is the king's hatred of the Targaryens so strong?
(a) The Targaryens killed both his parents.
(b) The Targaryens' despicable treatment of Lyanna.
(c) The Targaryens are polluting their land.
(d) The king is tired of the centuries-old feud.
10. What does Eddard tell Robert when Robert offers him the job of King's Hand?
(a) He says he needs time to think aboout it.
(c) He explains his reasons for why he does not want to be King's Hand.
(d) He immediately says no.
11. When Littlefinger visits Eddard with information about Jon Arryn's death, what do they see outside Eddard's window?
(a) Queen Cersei and Jaime Lannister engaged in deep conversation.
(b) Lord Baelish and Ser Hugh of Vale walking toward the house.
(c) Arya sparring with her trainer.
(d) Two spies.
12. Why does Robert want Eddard's daughter Sansa to marry Robert's son Joffrey?
(a) Robert wants to unite the houses of Baratheon and Stark.
(b) Joffrey must marry in order to be heir to the throne.
(c) The remote location of Robert's residence makes it difficult for Joffrey to find a wife.
(d) Robert wants access to the House of Stark's armies in exchange for Joffrey.
13. What is Winterfell?
(a) The continent where the story takes place.
(b) The residence of Lord Eddard Stark and his family.
(c) The time when winter ends.
(d) The time when winter arrives.
14. Why does Maester Luwin try to persuade Lady Catelyn to leave Bran's bedside?
(a) She needs to attend to another sick child.
(b) She needs to eat.
(c) She needs to attend to business left undone when Eddard left.
(d) She needs to rest.
15. What does Eddard want to do after Catelyn tells him about Bran's assassination attempt and the dagger which was used to try to kill Bran?
(a) Eddard wants to punish the dagger's owner himself.
(b) Eddard wants to go to the king.
(c) Eddard wants to take his family and return home.
(d) Eddard wants to banish all Lannisters from the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Robb treat Tyrion when Tyrion visits Bran?
2. Who wins the jousting championship?
3. What does Jon later realize about what Tyrion told him about the Night Watch while they were traveling to the Wall?
4. When Jon visits the injured Bran, what does Lady Catelyn tell Jon to do?
5. What does Ser Royce order Will to do at the scene where Will made his observation?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)