|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Winterfell?
(a) The continent where the story takes place.
(b) The time when winter ends.
(c) The time when winter arrives.
(d) The residence of Lord Eddard Stark and his family.
2. How does Joffrey react when Sansa tries to comfort him after the sword fighting incident with Arya and Mycah?
(a) Joffrey thanks her and says they should marry as soon as possible.
(b) Joffrey vows to kill Arya.
(c) Joffrey scolds her.
(d) Joffrey hugs her.
3. Where is Jon when Arya finds him in Chapter 7?
(a) In his room.
(b) In the courtyard.
(c) In the godswood.
(d) On the parapet.
4. Where is the throne located that Viserys wants to regain?
(d) King's Great Hall.
5. Who does Littlefinger blame for the debt owed by the kingdom to the Lannisters?
(a) Jaime Lannister.
(d) Jon Arryn.
6. Where has Lord Stannis been since Jon Arryn died?
(a) King's Landing.
(d) The Wall.
7. What would have happened to Arya if she had been found by the Lannisters' men after the incident involving Joffrey?
(a) She would have been killed.
(b) She would have been held for ransom.
(c) She would have been banished from the kingdom.
(d) She would have been forced to marry Jaime Lannister.
8. What happens to Bran's assassin as he tries to kill Bran?
(a) As Lady Catelyn scuffles with the assassin, he hits his head on the hard stone floor and dies.
(b) The assassin is captured by the guards.
(c) Robb manages to push the assassin down a flight of stairs.
(d) Bran's direwolf kills the assassin.
9. Why does Bran fall from a window after climbing near the First Keep?
(a) He and his brother are playfully wrestling.
(b) The window frame he clings to breaks.
(c) Jaime pushes him.
(d) He loses his footing when the rocks around the window crumble.
10. Why does Maester Luwin try to persuade Lady Catelyn to leave Bran's bedside?
(a) She needs to attend to another sick child.
(b) She needs to eat.
(c) She needs to attend to business left undone when Eddard left.
(d) She needs to rest.
11. What does Bran believe about Uncle Benjen's disappearance on the other side of the Wall after the Night Watch Guard visits Bran and Robb?
(a) He is probably dead.
(b) He will be saved by the children from Old Nan's story.
(c) He has probably become a member of the Night Watch.
(d) He will be saved by a highly-trained group from the Night Watch.
12. Who accompanies Lady Catelyn to King's Landing?
(b) Ser Rodrik.
(c) Lord Eddard.
(d) Ser Loras Tyrell.
13. Why does Uncle Benjen say Jon should not join the Night Watch?
(a) Jon is too good for the Night Watch.
(b) It is Jon's responsibility to remain with his family.
(c) Jon is not strong enough.
(d) Jon will not be accepted because of his father's position.
14. Why is Robert arguing with his squires before the tourney?
(a) His armor doesn't fit.
(b) His squires don't want him to participate in the tourney.
(c) His squires were disrespectful to Queen Cersei.
(d) His horse is in heat.
15. When Jon visits the injured Bran, what does Lady Catelyn tell Jon to do?
(b) Help her find out how Bran's injury happened.
(c) Sit with Bran while she takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert decide not to participate in the tourney?
2. Why is the king's hatred of the Targaryens so strong?
3. What does Robb tell Maester Luwin when he tries to persuade Lady Catelyn to leave Bran's bedside?
4. What happens when Robb and Joffrey are not permitted to fight with real swords?
5. Who does Viserys blame for his family's losses in the war?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)