|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Arya, Chapter 8, Bran, and Chapter 9, Tyrion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lady Catelyn tells her husband about Robert Baratheon, what does their conversation reveal about Lord Eddard's feelings about Robert's wife and family?
(a) Eddard worries about Robert's wife and her family now that Robert is injured.
(b) Eddard does not like Robert's wife and her family.
(c) Eddard holds Robert's wife and her family in high esteem, so he calls a war council to plan the rescue of the family.
(d) Eddard is disappointed to hear of the divorce because his wife's family is very influential.
2. What does Jon find when he investigates a noise after they find the direwolf pups?
(a) A wounded adult male direwolf.
(b) The animal that killed the pups' mother.
(c) An albino direwolf pup.
(d) The mother of the direwolf pups lying dead.
3. According to Lady Catelyn, how might the king perceive Lord Eddard's refusal to become the King's Hand?
(a) The king might see his refusal as an opportunity to offer the job to someone less honorable.
(b) The king's brotherly feelings might be hurt because of his refusal.
(c) The king might see his refusal as weakness and take advantage of this weakness.
(d) The king might see his refusal as oppostion to him.
4. What happens when Uncle Benjen and Jon argue about the Night Watch at dinner on the night of Robert's arrival?
(a) Jon leaves in tears.
(b) Jon and Uncle Benjen agree to disagree.
(c) Lady Catelyn defends Jon.
(d) Uncle Benjen storms out.
5. What is Winterfell?
(a) The time when winter arrives.
(b) The time when winter ends.
(c) The residence of Lord Eddard Stark and his family.
(d) The continent where the story takes place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the position of Jon in Lord Eddard Stark's family?
2. As Will follows Ser Royce's order, what is odd about what he sees?
3. What is the Night Watch?
4. As Will follows Ser Royce's order, what does he see?
5. Why does Robert want Eddard's daughter Sansa to marry Robert's son Joffrey?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)