|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kamikaze copulates with all the following except, __________.
2. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
3. At what age did James Wait become a sire?
4. When does Selena find out that her father has passed away on the Bahia?
5. Who steers the Bahia during the night in Book 2: Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
2. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
3. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
4. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
5. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
6. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
7. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
8. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
9. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
10. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mandarax speaks in quotes. Examine three specific quotes Mandarax uses and discuss the impact of these quotes on the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Natural selection is defined as the process by which inheritable traits make it more likely for an organism to survive and successfully reproduce. Make a case for or against natural selection. Use specific reasons and examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
An important theme to the novel is that "human perception creates and perpetrates suffering." Use specific reasons and examples from the text that support this theme.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)