|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steers the Bahia during the day in Book 2: Chapter 4?
2. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
3. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
4. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
5. Who is drunk and has the hick-ups in Chapter 37?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book 2: Chapter 7, Leon Trout must face the decision whether to go into the afterlife or stay for a million years to watch humanity evolve. He cannot let go of the unfolding story of humankind, at least not for another million years. Why do you think Leon is given a million years to stay on earth? Do you think there is a limit to the amount of knowledge the Father wants Leon to have? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, how are women viewed in the novel Galapagos? Are women overruled by their male counterparts or are women treated equally? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How are the blue-footed boobies in the novel symbolic? Why do you think the author puts such an emphasis on the blue-footed boobies? Explain.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)