|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kamikaze?
2. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
3. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
4. What are "ghetto blasters?"
5. Who is Orlon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
2. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
3. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
5. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
6. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
7. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
8. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
9. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
10. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Book 1: Chapter 2, the narrator sees the blind Selena as an "experiment by Nature." Explain what the narrator means by an "experiment by Nature." Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Courting of a potential mate is easily seen between both animals and human beings. To what extent is animal courting similar to that of human courting? Use examples from the text to explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Theories of how animals landed on the Galapagos Islands vary from transportation via rafts to religious phenomena. Discuss at least three theories revealed in the text as to how animals landed on the Islands; to what extent can these theories be proven? Explain.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)