|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "I love you so much. Please marry me. I'm so lonesome. I'm so scared."
2. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
3. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
4. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
5. The balance between the colonists and their food supply is based on ________.
Essay Topic 1
In Book 1: Chapter 2, the narrator sees the blind Selena as an "experiment by Nature." Explain what the narrator means by an "experiment by Nature." Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Mental illness is a disorder characterized by disturbances in a person's thoughts, emotions, or behavior. Compare and contrast the views of mental illness as seen in the novel to modern day society. Use at least three examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the need for human companionship as seen in the novel. To what extent do the characters need one another? Explain.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)