|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Leon Trout?
2. Who fathers all the Kanka-bono girl's children?
3. Who fathers Akiko's seven furry children?
4. How many times has the narrator been married?
5. What would have happened to Leon Trout if the Marine Corps found out about Leon's disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
2. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
3. How does the narrator write this story?
4. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
5. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
6. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
7. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
8. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
9. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
10. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mandarax speaks in quotes. Examine three specific quotes Mandarax uses and discuss the impact of these quotes on the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, how are women viewed in the novel Galapagos? Are women overruled by their male counterparts or are women treated equally? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Courting of a potential mate is easily seen between both animals and human beings. To what extent is animal courting similar to that of human courting? Use examples from the text to explain your answer.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)