|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who legally marries Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming?
2. Who fathers Akiko's seven furry children?
3. Leon Trout's fellow Marine recommends a young __________ doctor to treat his disease.
4. According to the narrator, what is one of the top 1000 serious inherited diseases of Homo sapiens?
5. How many times has the narrator been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
2. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
3. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
4. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
5. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
6. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
7. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
8. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
9. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
10. How does the narrator write this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mental illness is a disorder characterized by disturbances in a person's thoughts, emotions, or behavior. Compare and contrast the views of mental illness as seen in the novel to modern day society. Use at least three examples from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, how are women viewed in the novel Galapagos? Are women overruled by their male counterparts or are women treated equally? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The New York Times Book Review claims that "Vonnegut is a postmodern Mark Twain." Do you agree with this statement? Explain.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)