|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, how do people comfort those who are sick?
(a) With a ceremonial dance.
(b) With prayer and worship.
(c) With soothing tones and voice.
(d) With a hot cup of chicken noddle soup.
2. What is Ziggie?
(a) Siegfried's nickname.
(b) Mandarax's nickname.
(c) James Wait's nickname.
(d) Roy Hepburn's nickname.
3. Who legally marries Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) James Wait.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
4. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(b) Acme Dynamite.
5. Whom do the Kanka-bono girls eat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
2. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
3. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
4. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
5. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
2. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
3. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
4. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
5. How does Quezeda feed his brain's thirst for self-esteem and alcohol?
6. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
7. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
8. Why does Siegfried von Kleist dance in Chapter 37?
9. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
10. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)