|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the international word for a ship in distress?
2. According to the narrator, what is one of the top 1000 serious inherited diseases of Homo sapiens?
(a) Retinitis pigmentosa.
(b) External Otitis.
(d) Bird flu.
3. Who steers the Bahia during the night in Book 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
4. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
5. How many warplanes does Ecuador keep at the Guayaquil International Airport?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
2. What was James Wait's father and mother's other relation?
3. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
4. Who says: "I love you so much. Please marry me. I'm so lonesome. I'm so scared."
5. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
2. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
3. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
4. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
5. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
6. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
7. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
8. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
9. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
10. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)