|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Selena MacIntosh.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) James Wait.
2. Where did Mary meet Roy Hepburn?
(a) At an Indiana state park.
(b) At a dance studio.
(c) At an amusement park.
(d) On the Galapagos Islands.
3. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
(a) Bobby King.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Kilgore Trout.
(d) Guillermo Reyes.
4. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her notebook.
5. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
(a) Her Jackie dress.
(b) Saran wrap.
(c) Panti hose.
(d) Duct tape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ziggie?
2. What is the international word for a ship in distress?
3. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
4. Who is Sinka?
5. Who speaks to Leon above the stern of the Bahia?
Short Essay Questions
1. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
2. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
3. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
4. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
5. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
6. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
7. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
8. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
9. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
10. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)