|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had acne all over his body.
(b) He had freckles all over his body.
(c) He had moles all over his body.
(d) He had scars all over his body.
2. What disease does Leon Trout contract from a Saigon prostitute?
3. What did the narrator do in his sleep when he was alive?
(a) Sleep eat.
(b) Wet the bed.
(c) Sleep walk.
(d) Sleep talk.
4. What is Guillermo Reyes's rocket compared to in Chapter 34?
(a) The dancing blue-footed booby.
(b) The flightless penguin.
(c) The great land torotise.
(d) The colorful chameleon.
5. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
(a) Siefried von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steers the Bahia during the day in Book 2: Chapter 4?
2. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
3. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
4. Who is Leon Trout?
5. Why is James Wait laid on the sun deck of the Bahia in Book 2: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
2. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
3. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
5. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
6. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
7. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
8. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
9. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
10. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)