|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
(a) A chameleon.
(b) A snake.
(c) A blue-footed booby.
(d) A land tortoise.
2. What animal begins attacking the Captain's bedsores?
(a) Land tortoises.
(b) Blue-footed boobies.
(c) Vampire finches.
(d) Sea lions.
3. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
(a) Victoria Island.
(b) Melville Island.
(c) Kangaroo Island.
(d) Santa Rosalia.
4. Why is James Wait laid on the sun deck of the Bahia in Book 2: Chapter 1?
(a) He is too pale and needs a tan.
(b) The rest of the ship is dark.
(c) He is to heavy to carry to bed.
(d) He is wet and needs to dry off.
5. Who is Leon Trout?
(a) The Captain of the Bahia.
(b) A paranoid schizophrenic soldier.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The father of the Galapagos Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator's mom take him as a child that his father did not approve of?
2. Who could be seen as a virtuous knight as in days of yore in Chapter 38?
3. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
4. Where did Mary meet Roy Hepburn?
5. Who is the only non-Kanka-bono who can converse with the Kanka-bonos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
2. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
3. How does the narrator write this story?
4. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
5. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
6. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
7. In the Captain's story he shares with Akiko, how are lobsters much like humans?
8. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
9. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
10. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)