|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do in his sleep when he was alive?
(a) Sleep walk.
(b) Wet the bed.
(c) Sleep eat.
(d) Sleep talk.
2. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
(a) Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Willard Flemming.
3. Who is the only non-Kanka-bono who can converse with the Kanka-bonos?
(a) Robert Wojciehowitz.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
4. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had freckles all over his body.
(b) He had acne all over his body.
(c) He had moles all over his body.
(d) He had scars all over his body.
5. Who legally marries Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming?
(b) James Wait.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Selena MacIntosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
2. The narrator's mom once told him that he had the blood of a ________ noblemen flowing through his veins.
3. As far as humanity is concerned, the Bahia is the new __________.
4. How many times has the narrator materialized since becoming a ghost?
5. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
2. Did James Wait ever reproduce? Explain.
3. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
4. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
5. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
6. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
7. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
8. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
9. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
10. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)