|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Peruvian pilot who has his fighter-bomber skipping from wisp to wisp of finely divided matter at the very edge of the planet's atmosphere in Chapter 34?
(a) Kilgore Trout.
(b) Willard Flemming.
(c) Guillermo Reyes.
(d) Bobby King.
2. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had freckles all over his body.
(b) He had moles all over his body.
(c) He had scars all over his body.
(d) He had acne all over his body.
3. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
(a) Manufacture -folk.
4. Who is the Captain addressing when he shouts, "Welcome to 'the Nature Cruise of the Century'!"
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
5. Who is Kamikaze?
(a) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh's son.
(c) Mary Hepburn's son.
(d) The Captain's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Leon Trout contract from a Saigon prostitute?
2. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
3. When the Bahia sinks, who has the only beard on the island?
4. How many times has the narrator been married?
5. What is Ziggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
2. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
3. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
4. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
5. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
6. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
7. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
8. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
9. How does the narrator write this story?
10. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)