|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many warplanes does Ecuador keep at the Guayaquil International Airport?
2. Who fathers all the Kanka-bono girl's children?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) James Wait.
3. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
(a) Dwayne Hoover.
(b) Leon Trout.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
4. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
(a) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Siefried von Kleist.
5. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
2. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
3. Who does the surviving group on board the Bahia expect the most trouble to come from in Chapter 37?
4. What food source is a cure for people with vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
5. According to the narrator, what is one of the top 1000 serious inherited diseases of Homo sapiens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did James Wait ever reproduce? Explain.
2. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
3. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
4. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
5. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
6. How does the narrator write this story?
7. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
8. In the Captain's story he shares with Akiko, how are lobsters much like humans?
9. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)