|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the surviving group on board the Bahia expect the most trouble to come from in Chapter 37?
(a) Leon Trout.
(c) James Wait.
2. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2years after they are married.
(b) 2 weeks after they are married.
(c) 2 months after they are married.
(d) 2 minutes after they are married.
3. Who is Sinka?
(a) Leon Trout's wife.
(b) Selena's new seeing-eye dog.
(c) The first Kanka-bono girl who has a baby.
(d) Mary Hepburn's sister.
4. What is Guillermo Reyes's rocket compared to in Chapter 34?
(a) The dancing blue-footed booby.
(b) The colorful chameleon.
(c) The flightless penguin.
(d) The great land torotise.
5. What disease does Leon Trout contract from a Saigon prostitute?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food source is a cure for people with vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
2. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
3. Whose wife did James Wait have sexual relations with when he was still in Midland City, Ohio?
4. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
5. Who steers the Bahia during the night in Book 2: Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
2. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
3. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
4. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
5. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
6. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
7. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
8. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
9. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
10. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)