|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) The Maine lobster.
(c) His sense of direction.
(d) The rats inside the Bahia.
2. Who steers the Bahia during the day in Book 2: Chapter 4?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Mary Hepburn.
(d) James Wait.
3. Who is Kamikaze?
(a) Andrew MacIntosh's son.
(b) Mary Hepburn's son.
(c) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(d) The Captain's son.
4. Who was head of the English Department at Ilium High School who had proposed marriage to Mary Hepburn?
(a) Charles Carryl.
(b) Samuel Butler.
(c) Joseph Conrad.
(d) Robert Wojciehowitz.
5. Who says: "I love you so much. Please marry me. I'm so lonesome. I'm so scared."
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(c) James Wait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Mary Hepburn give to the Bahia?
2. How many warplanes does Ecuador keep at the Guayaquil International Airport?
3. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
4. What animal is Mary Hepburn hallucinating to be while suffocating herself?
5. Who could be seen as a virtuous knight as in days of yore in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did James Wait ever reproduce? Explain.
2. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
3. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
4. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
5. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
6. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
7. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
8. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
9. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
10. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)