|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
2. What is the language of the majority on Santa Rosalia?
3. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(c) Acme Dynamite.
4. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
5. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
(a) Kangaroo Island.
(b) Melville Island.
(c) Santa Rosalia.
(d) Victoria Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have happened to Leon Trout if the Marine Corps found out about Leon's disease?
2. Who speaks to Leon above the stern of the Bahia?
3. What disease does Leon Trout contract from a Saigon prostitute?
4. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
5. Why is James Wait laid on the sun deck of the Bahia in Book 2: Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
2. Did James Wait ever reproduce? Explain.
3. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
4. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
5. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
6. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
7. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
9. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
10. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)