|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do in his sleep when he was alive?
(a) Sleep walk.
(b) Wet the bed.
(c) Sleep talk.
(d) Sleep eat.
2. What was James Wait's father and mother's other relation?
(a) Father and daughter.
(c) Son and mother.
(d) Brother and sister.
3. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) His sense of direction.
(b) The rats inside the Bahia.
(c) The Maine lobster.
(d) His sense of humor.
4. How many times has the narrator been married?
5. What does Mary use to try and suffocate herself in Chapter 29?
(a) Saran wrap.
(b) Panti hose.
(c) Duct tape.
(d) Her Jackie dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
2. What are "ghetto blasters?"
3. During the first 13 years on Santa Rosalia, who is the only fertile women?
4. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
5. How many times has the narrator materialized since becoming a ghost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
2. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
3. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
4. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
5. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
6. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
7. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
8. How does Quezeda feed his brain's thirst for self-esteem and alcohol?
9. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
10. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)