|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
2. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
(c) Manufacture -folk.
3. Who was Mrs. Onassis's first husband?
(a) Charles Darwin.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Walt Disney.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
4. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
(a) That she was dying.
(b) That a Kanka-bono girl was pregnant.
(c) That she found a food supply.
(d) That she killed James Wait.
5. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
(b) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Princess Charlotte design after the death of her husband, Prince Richard?
2. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
3. What doubt does Mary Hepburn have that leads her to take action to get a Kanka-bono girl pregnant?
4. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
5. On May 9, 2016, who tells Mary Hepburn to go and make peace with the Captain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
2. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
3. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
4. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
5. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
6. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
7. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
8. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
9. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
10. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)