|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the surviving group on board the Bahia expect the most trouble to come from in Chapter 37?
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
2. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
3. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As a college professor and a widow.
(d) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
4. What nickname does Mary Hepburn give to the Bahia?
(a) The Gray Ghost.
(b) The Walloping Willow Blind.
(c) Lady Broadway.
(d) Leaky Weeks.
5. Who will become the six Eves to Captain von Kleist's Adam on Santa Rosalia?
(a) The Kanka-bonos girls.
(b) The Kanaka Maoli girls.
(c) The Cheechako girls.
(d) The Kama'aina girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had passed since Mary last spoke to the Captain?
2. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
3. What secret does Mary Hepburn keep from the Captain in Book 2: Chapter 11?
4. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
5. When does Mary's second husband die?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)