|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
2. Why was James Wait ashamed to take off his shirt?
(a) He had moles all over his body.
(b) He had freckles all over his body.
(c) He had acne all over his body.
(d) He had scars all over his body.
3. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
(a) The more successful the fisher person.
(b) The more successful the cooking person.
(c) The more successful the business person.
(d) The more successful the farming person.
4. What heirloom does Mary promise to leave Akiko when she dies?
(a) Her notebook.
(c) Her wedding ring.
5. Who fathers all the Kanka-bono girl's children?
(a) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) The Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many symphonies did James Wait tell Marry Hepburn he had composed?
2. Who bathes the Captain every day and shampoos and combs his beard and hair?
3. Who does Hisako Hiroguchi perform her first intimate act with in Chapter 32?
4. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
5. What is Ziggie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
2. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
4. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
5. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
6. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
7. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
8. How does Quezeda feed his brain's thirst for self-esteem and alcohol?
9. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
10. Why does Siegfried von Kleist dance in Chapter 37?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)