|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Kanka-bono girls hate?
(b) Mary Hepburn.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
2. Where is the Bahia headed in Book 2: Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
3. What are "ghetto blasters?"
(a) Walkie Talkies.
(b) A type of whistle.
(c) Type of weapon.
(d) Portable radios and tape-players.
4. Who fathers Akiko's seven furry children?
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Siegfried von Kleist.
5. Who is Kamikaze?
(a) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh's son.
(c) Mary Hepburn's son.
(d) The Captain's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Bahia sinks, who has the only beard on the island?
2. What does James Wait say he thought people were put on earth to do?
3. What is the theory behind people with more of a streamlined skull?
4. Who finds himself posing as a protector of children?
5. What is Guillermo Reyes's rocket compared to in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator write this story?
2. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
3. How is Prince Richard murdered? Who kills him?
4. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
5. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
6. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
7. How does Quezeda feed his brain's thirst for self-esteem and alcohol?
8. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
9. In the Captain's story he shares with Akiko, how are lobsters much like humans?
10. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)