|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks to Leon above the stern of the Bahia?
(a) His Father.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) Samuel Johnston.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
2. Whom do the Kanka-bono girls eat?
3. What is Ziggie?
(a) Roy Hepburn's nickname.
(b) Siegfried's nickname.
(c) James Wait's nickname.
(d) Mandarax's nickname.
4. When does Mary's second husband die?
(a) 2years after they are married.
(b) 2 minutes after they are married.
(c) 2 weeks after they are married.
(d) 2 months after they are married.
5. How many times has the narrator materialized since becoming a ghost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fathers Akiko's seven furry children?
2. Which group survives in the greatest numbers in the watery environment of the Galapagos Archipelago?
3. What doubt does Mary Hepburn have that leads her to take action to get a Kanka-bono girl pregnant?
4. Why is James Wait laid on the sun deck of the Bahia in Book 2: Chapter 1?
5. Who is Leon Trout?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
2. What does the narrator say after the death of Kazakh and James Wait? Why does he say this?
3. In the Captain's story he shares with Akiko, how are lobsters much like humans?
4. According to the narrator, why do people get hiccups?
5. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
6. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
7. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
8. What is the irony behind the marriage of Mary Kaplan and Willard Flemming in Book 2: Chapter 4?
9. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
10. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)