|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubt does Mary Hepburn have that leads her to take action to get a Kanka-bono girl pregnant?
(a) Whether Kamikazi was able to reproduce.
(b) Whether a woman could be impregnated by another one.
(c) Whether the Kanka-bono girls were furtile.
(d) Whether the Captain was able to reproduce.
2. Who does the surviving group on board the Bahia expect the most trouble to come from in Chapter 37?
(b) James Wait.
(c) Leon Trout.
3. How many warplanes does Ecuador keep at the Guayaquil International Airport?
4. What food source is a cure for people with vitamin and mineral deficiencies?
(a) Shark fin.
(c) Whale tongue.
5. How many Maine lobsters were in aerated tanks of saltwater on board the Bahia before it was looted.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did James Wait become a sire?
2. What is the international word for a ship in distress?
3. Where does Siegfried von Kleist tell Selena her father went in Chapter 31?
4. Who fathers all the Kanka-bono girl's children?
5. What was James Wait's father and mother's other relation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
2. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
3. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
4. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
5. Why does Siegfried von Kleist dance in Chapter 37?
6. How does the narrator write this story?
7. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
8. Did James Wait ever reproduce? Explain.
9. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
10. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)