|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "I love you so much. Please marry me. I'm so lonesome. I'm so scared."
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(d) James Wait.
2. Who will become the six Eves to Captain von Kleist's Adam on Santa Rosalia?
(a) The Kanaka Maoli girls.
(b) The Kama'aina girls.
(c) The Cheechako girls.
(d) The Kanka-bonos girls.
3. Why is James Wait laid on the sun deck of the Bahia in Book 2: Chapter 1?
(a) He is too pale and needs a tan.
(b) He is to heavy to carry to bed.
(c) He is wet and needs to dry off.
(d) The rest of the ship is dark.
4. What is the international word for a ship in distress?
5. How does Mary Hepburn introduce herself to James Wait?
(a) As a marine biologist and a divorcee.
(b) As a principal and a divorcee.
(c) As a college professor and a widow.
(d) As an ex-teacher and a widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to commit suicide by smashing a bus into something?
2. Where did Mary meet Roy Hepburn?
3. What can the narrator see that Mary Hepburn can not in Book 2: Chapter 7?
4. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
5. What did the narrator do in his sleep when he was alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mary Hepburn begin her artificial insemination program? How old is she at the time?
2. What happens to Kazakh in Chapter 31?
3. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
4. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
5. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
6. After 10 years on the Island, how does the Captain change?
7. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
8. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
9. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
10. How does the narrator write this story?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)