|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said: "Progress has been much more general than retrogression."
(b) Charles Darwin.
(d) Henry Adams.
2. Who is Sinka?
(a) Selena's new seeing-eye dog.
(b) Mary Hepburn's sister.
(c) The first Kanka-bono girl who has a baby.
(d) Leon Trout's wife.
3. After the Bahia is raided, what is the Captain still in possession of?
(a) The rats inside the Bahia.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His sense of direction.
(d) The Maine lobster.
4. Who is drunk and has the hick-ups in Chapter 37?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(c) Leon Trout.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
5. What is the name of the latest advance in the evolution of high explosives?
(b) Acme Dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island does Mary and the Captain land the Bahia?
2. Who has become deaf after the explosion in Chapter 36?
3. Who was head of the English Department at Ilium High School who had proposed marriage to Mary Hepburn?
4. Who steers the Bahia during the night in Book 2: Chapter 4?
5. When does Selena find out that her father has passed away on the Bahia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
2. Who does Kamikaze catch by the spring and is about to copulate with?
3. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
4. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
5. Why does Mary Hepburn like James Wait immediately?
6. In the Captain's story he shares with Akiko, how are lobsters much like humans?
7. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
8. According to the narrator, are there anymore left handed people in the world? Explain.
9. Who does Akiko name one of her daughters after? Explain.
10. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)