|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Hernando Cruz have?
2. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(b) The hotel manager.
(c) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
(d) Selena's father.
3. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A song.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A novel.
(d) A poem.
4. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Navidad.
(b) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(c) The Bahia de Santander.
(d) The Bahia de Darwin.
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
2. How does Mary Hepburn die?
3. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
4. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
5. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator choose the Captain's head to get into in Chapter 23?
2. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
3. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
4. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
5. When does Adolf von Kleist tell Mary Hepburn that he might be a carrier of Huntington's chorea?
6. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
7. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
8. In Chapter 25, how is Hernando Cruz's case compared to that of Jesus Ortiz?
9. Compare and contrast the Galapagos Islands back in 1986 A.D. to a million years later.
10. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)