|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Siegfried von Kleist die?
(a) November 27, 1986.
(b) December 25, 1986.
(c) October 31, 1986.
(d) April 13, 1986.
2. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
3. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Jesús Ortiz.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
4. What was the narrator's father's occupation?
(a) A biology teacher.
(b) A pastry chef.
(c) A science-fiction writer.
(d) A scientist.
5. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
2. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
3. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
4. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
5. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
2. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
3. Who is Akiko, and what is unique about her? Where is she born?
4. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
5. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
6. How does Quezeda feed his brain's thirst for self-esteem and alcohol?
7. Compare and contrast Mandarax to Gokubi.
8. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
9. Why is the Bahia considered to be a ghost ship in the opinion of humankind?
10. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)