|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
2. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Sea turtles and fish.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Dolphins and stingrays.
(d) Killer whales and sharks.
3. What is the capital of Ecuador?
4. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The penguin.
(b) The waved albatrosses.
(c) The frigate.
(d) The blue heron.
5. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
2. Who's maiden name is Boone?
3. What happened to Adolf's parents?
4. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
5. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
2. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
3. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
4. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
5. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
6. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
7. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
8. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
9. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
10. Who is Akiko, and what is unique about her? Where is she born?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)