|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cruise ships have their port in Guayaquil?
2. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
3. Who is Kazakh?
(a) The hotel manager.
(b) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(c) Selena's father.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
4. What happened to Adolf's parents?
(a) They got lost at sea.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They moved to the Galapagos Islands.
(d) They were killed by a meteorite.
5. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the sauna.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the shower.
(d) In the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
2. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
3. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
4. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
5. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the city of Guayaquil as it is described in Chapter 1.
2. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
3. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
4. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
5. Compare and contrast Mandarax to Gokubi.
6. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
7. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
8. In Chapter 25, how is Hernando Cruz's case compared to that of Jesus Ortiz?
9. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
10. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)