|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ikebana?
(a) The Chinese art of flower arranging.
(b) The Japanese art of pottery making.
(c) The Chinese art of sculpture making.
(d) The Japanese art of flower arranging.
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What film footage did Mary Hepburn show her students when she lectured on the Galapagos Islands at Ilium High School?
(a) The courtship dance of the red-footed boobies.
(b) The courtship dance of the waved albatross.
(c) The courtship dance of the finches.
(d) The courtship dance of the blue-footed boobies.
4. How does the narrator die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He was ate by a shark.
(d) He was beheaded.
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(b) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(c) These characters are royal figures.
(d) These characters are the most important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
3. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
2. Describe Jesus Ortiz . What is his brain capable of doing?
3. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
4. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
5. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
6. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
7. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
8. In Chapter 25, how is Hernando Cruz's case compared to that of Jesus Ortiz?
9. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
10. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)