|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(c) Charles Darwin.
2. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
3. What is James Wait's native city?
(b) Midland City.
4. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
(a) Adolf von Kleist.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Siegfried von Kleist.
(d) Bobby King.
5. Who is Donald?
(a) The captain of the Bahia.
(b) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
(c) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(d) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
2. How many wives has James Wait had?
3. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
4. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
5. The narrator's mother could do all of the following dance forms except which one?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
2. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
3. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
4. Who is Akiko, and what is unique about her? Where is she born?
5. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
6. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
7. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
8. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
9. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
10. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)