|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A cheeta print dress.
(b) Jeans and a tank top.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) A silk formal dress.
2. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
(a) A cop.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A waiter.
3. Who is Donald?
(a) Mary Heburn's first husband.
(b) The captain of the Bahia.
(c) A golden retriever that Roy tied to a stake.
(d) Mary and Roy Hepburn's cat.
4. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(c) Global warming.
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Gottfried Treveranus.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
2. What is the capital of Ecuador?
3. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
4. How many wives has James Wait had?
5. Who is unmarried, never reproduced, and drowns by a tidal wave?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
2. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
3. Why do blue-footed boobies dance the way they do in courtship?
4. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
5. Compare and contrast the Galapagos Islands back in 1986 A.D. to a million years later.
6. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
7. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
8. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
9. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
10. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)