|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator die?
(a) He was beheaded.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) He died of old age.
(d) He was ate by a shark.
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) A gunshot wound.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) Alcohol poisoning.
(d) A broken heart.
3. What subject is Adolf von Kleist interest in?
(b) Global warming.
4. What is Mary Hepburn wearing when she arrives at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) A silk formal dress.
(b) A cheeta print dress.
(c) U.S. Marine Corps combat fatigues.
(d) Jeans and a tank top.
5. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Siegfried von Kleist.
(c) Adolf von Kleist.
(d) Hisako Hiroguchi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Panama hats come from?
2. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
3. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
4. What is ikebana?
5. When is the Bahia scheduled to sail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
2. Why are the Kanka-bono girls laughing at the Captain in Chapter 11? Why does the Captain think they are laughing?
3. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
4. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
5. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
6. In Book 2: Chapter 12, what does the narrator suggest as a means for Mary Hepburn to keep on living with the Captain for a little while longer?
7. What is the story behind Selena MacIntosh's blindness?
8. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
9. How is the Bahia married to the South American mainland?
10. How does the narrator write this story?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)