|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
(a) Human sexuality.
(c) Physical education.
2. Who is Kazakh?
(a) Selena's seeing-eye dog.
(b) Selena's father.
(c) The hotel manager.
(d) Roy Hepburn's mistress.
3. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
4. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
(a) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Andrew MackIntosh.
5. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) BMW Mini Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the capital of Ecuador?
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
3. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
4. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
2. How does Mary Hepburn recognize the Island of Santa Rosalia in Chapter 24?
3. Describe Jesus Ortiz . What is his brain capable of doing?
4. Compare and contrast the Galapagos Islands back in 1986 A.D. to a million years later.
5. Who is Akiko, and what is unique about her? Where is she born?
6. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
7. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
8. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
9. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
10. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)