|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
2. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Cadillac El Dorado.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(d) BMW Mini Cooper.
3. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
(a) Willard Flemming.
(b) Jesus Ortiz.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Leon Trout.
4. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Zenji Kenzaburo.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Paloma Picasso.
5. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Sea turtles and fish.
(c) Dolphins and stingrays.
(d) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was the last human marriage in the Galapagos Islands performed?
2. Where was the Bahia built?
3. What happened to Adolf's parents?
4. What is ikebana?
5. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
2. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
4. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
6. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
7. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
8. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
9. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
10. When does Adolf von Kleist tell Mary Hepburn that he might be a carrier of Huntington's chorea?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)