|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says: "Good luck, my Swedish princess. I shall dream of you."
(a) Domingo Quezeda.
(b) Hernando Cruz.
(c) Andrew MacIntosh.
(d) Jesús Ortiz.
2. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
3. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(a) Charles Darwin.
4. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(b) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(c) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
(d) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
5. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
2. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
3. Who is a bartender at the Hotel El Dorado and a 21 year old descendant of proud Inca noblemen?
4. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
5. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
2. Why does the narrator choose the Captain's head to get into in Chapter 23?
3. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
4. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
5. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
6. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
7. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
8. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
9. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
10. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)