|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Roy fight to stay alive to see on the Galapagos Islands?
2. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Airforce.
(d) The Marines.
3. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Killer whales and sharks.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Sea turtles and fish.
(d) Dolphins and stingrays.
4. What animal is far superior to people when it comes to distinguishing between different odors?
5. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
2. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
3. Another theory is given that the animals on the Galapagos Islands had been shooed ashore two by two down the plank of __________.
4. Who's head does the narrator get into while he rides in a taxicab from Guayaquil International Airport to the Bahia?
5. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
2. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
3. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
4. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
5. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
6. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
7. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
8. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
9. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
10. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)