|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Andrew MacIntosh receive fifty million dollars?
(a) He inherites the money.
(b) He wins it at the casino.
(c) It is loaned to him from the bank.
(d) It is loaned to him from a relative.
2. Who's portrait is behind the bar at the Hotel El Dorado?
(b) Charles Darwin.
3. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
4. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Darwin.
(b) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
(c) The Bahia de Santander.
(d) The Bahia de Navidad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
2. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
4. Who owns the Bahia?
5. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
2. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
4. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
5. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
6. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
7. Compare and contrast Mandarax to Gokubi.
8. What is the launching of Reyes's missile compared to in Chapter 34?
9. Is Siegfried von Kleist successful at committing suicide in Chapter 38? Explain.
10. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)