|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
2. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
(a) These characters are the only surviving characters.
(b) These characters would be dead before the sun went down.
(c) These characters are the most important.
(d) These characters are royal figures.
3. What branch of military had Roy served in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Airforce.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
4. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(b) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(c) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
(d) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
5. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
(a) James Wait.
(b) Andrew MacIntosh.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Mary Hepburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
2. How many years does it take the Bahia to sink?
3. Who befriended Wait after he ran away from home and taught him how to be a successful homosexual prostitute?
4. What single word adequately describes Charles Darwin's transformation of the Galapagos Islands from worthless to priceless?
5. Including Wait, how many guests are staying at the Hotel El Dorado?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the Galapagos Islands back in 1986 A.D. to a million years later.
2. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
3. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
4. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
5. In Chapter 25, how is Hernando Cruz's case compared to that of Jesus Ortiz?
6. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
7. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
9. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
10. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)