|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Domingo Quezeda.
(c) Jesús Ortiz.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
2. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(b) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(c) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(d) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
3. What bird is a teaser and a robber of the blue-footed boobies?
(a) The waved albatrosses.
(b) The blue heron.
(c) The frigate.
(d) The penguin.
4. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
5. Who coined the term "biology?"
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Charles Darwin.
(d) Gottfried Treveranus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a former citizen of the Soviet Union and has been granted political asylum in Great Britain?
2. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
3. Who can talk to animals?
4. What company is automating the Bahia and also employs Zenji Hiroguchi?
5. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
2. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
3. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
4. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
5. Describe Jesus Ortiz . What is his brain capable of doing?
6. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
7. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
8. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
9. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
10. Why does the narrator choose the Captain's head to get into in Chapter 23?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)