|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
2. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
3. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
(b) James Wait.
4. What two names are left off the Bahia passenger list as a matter of delicacy?
(a) Roy and Mary Hepburn.
(b) James Wait and Willard Flemming.
(c) Andrew and Selena MacIntosh.
(d) Selena MacIntosh and Kazakh.
5. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) The Bahia de Santander.
(b) The Bahia de Navidad.
(c) The Bahia de Darwin.
(d) The Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Donald?
2. What bloodsucking animal, found on the Island of Santa Rosalia, survive by pecking at the long neck of an unheeding booby until it has raised little beads of blood?
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
4. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
5. Who is considered to be wild and greedy and inconsiderate, but not insane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
2. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
3. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
4. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
5. When does Adolf von Kleist tell Mary Hepburn that he might be a carrier of Huntington's chorea?
6. Why does James Wait tell Mary Hepburn to call him by his first name? By what name does Mary call James?
7. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
8. In the beginning of Chapter 13, what is Selena and Hisako seeking and finding?
9. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
10. Give two theories that are discussed for how animals arrived on the Galapagos Islands.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)