|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many species of finch are on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
2. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A novel.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) A portrait.
3. in 1986 A.D., where was the chief seaport of the little South American democracy of Ecuador?
4. When his beauty began to fade, Wait became an instructor in __________ dancing.
5. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other subject did Mary Hepburn teach at Ilium High School?
2. Who's brain is so big that it can show him movies in his head which stars him and his dependents as millionaires?
3. What is ikebana?
4. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
5. To whom does Andrew MacIntosh reveal his real reason for flying Selena, Kazakh, and the Hiroguchis from Merida to Guayaquil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jesus Ortiz . What is his brain capable of doing?
2. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
3. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
4. Why do blue-footed boobies dance the way they do in courtship?
5. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
6. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
8. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
9. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
10. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)