|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
(a) Leon Trout.
(b) Charles Darwin.
(c) James Wait.
(d) Zenji Hiroguchi.
2. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
3. What name does Zenji Hiroguchi travel under?
(a) Zenji Kenzaburo.
(b) James Wait.
(c) Paloma Picasso.
(d) Willard Flemming.
4. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
(a) Ford Mustang.
(b) Mercedes Benz SLR.
(c) Cadillac El Dorado.
(d) BMW Mini Cooper.
5. What subject did Mary Hepburn teach at the public high school in Ilium, New York?
(d) Social Studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the body of water named in honor of Charles Darwin?
2. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
3. What war did the narrator fight in?
4. What branch of military had Roy served in?
5. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Mary Hepburn "Mother Nature Personified?"
2. What two promises does Roy Hepburn ask his wife to keep on his deathbed?
3. What does the cancellation of "the Nature Cruise of the Century" mean to everyone in the bus in front of the Hotel El Dorado?
4. How many times has the narrator seen the blue tunnel in to the Afterlife? Where has he seen it appear?
5. What is Mandarax? Who created it? How many Mandarax were made? What is its function?
6. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
7. Describe the city of Guayaquil as it is described in Chapter 1.
8. Does Leon Trout obey the Father's request for him to go into the blue tunnel? Explain.
9. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
10. Describe Jesus Ortiz . What is his brain capable of doing?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)