|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
2. Who has claimed to have been exposed to radiation when the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan?
(a) Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
(b) Hisako Hiroguchi.
(c) Willard Flemming.
(d) Selena MacIntosh.
3. What is the name given to the moment when the beaks of the blue-footed boobies are pointed in the direction exactly opposite to the pull of gravity?
4. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
(a) In the shower.
(b) In the sauna.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the ocean.
5. What did Mary Hepburn's husband, Roy, die from?
(a) Alcohol poisoning.
(b) A brain tumor.
(c) A gunshot wound.
(d) A broken heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foster homes had Wait lived in growing up?
2. Who is Willard Flemming?
3. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
4. Who wants to become a major property owner in Ecuador?
5. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
2. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
3. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
4. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
5. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
6. How does Mary Hepburn recognize the Island of Santa Rosalia in Chapter 24?
7. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
8. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
9. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
10. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)