|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what two animals keep the human population nice and manageable, and nobody starves?
(a) Dolphins and stingrays.
(b) Blue-footed boobies and finches.
(c) Killer whales and sharks.
(d) Sea turtles and fish.
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
(a) At the dance studio.
(b) On the streets.
(c) At the bar.
(d) On a cruise.
3. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
4. What is the name of the Galapagos Islands' northernmost island?
(a) Isabela Island.
(b) Santa Rosalia.
(c) Easter Island.
(d) Cocos Island.
5. Who owns the Bahia?
(a) A pair of young German brothers.
(b) A pair of old German sisters.
(c) A pair of young German sisters.
(d) A pair of old German brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a stuffed Galapagos marine iguana on his desk?
2. Who can talk to animals?
3. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
4. Who is the 35-year-old American male who could not swim a stroke, who intended to get from the South American continent to the Galapagos Islands?
5. What make and model vehicle does Hernando Cruz drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary Hepburn want to go to the Galapagos Islands? Explain.
2. Describe the city of Guayaquil as it is described in Chapter 1.
3. How does Mary Hepburn recognize the Island of Santa Rosalia in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
5. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
6. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
7. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
8. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
9. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
10. Compare and contrast Mandarax to Gokubi.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)