|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is theorized that ________ created all the creatures on the Galapagos Islands, so they had no need for transportation.
2. In what language does Andrew MacIntosh speak to Jesús Ortiz in?
3. Where was the Bahia built?
4. When Wait considered himself old enough to run away, he hitchhiked to __________.
5. What television show does the Captain of the Bahia appear on?
(a) Regis and Kelly.
(b) Jay Leno.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) The Tonight Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did James Wait study for two years at the vocation high school in his home town?
2. What war did the narrator fight in?
3. What is the name of the cruise ship that takes its maiden voyage to the Galapagos Islands?
4. In Chapter 26, where does the Captain devise his emergency plan for the Bahia?
5. Who can talk to animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
2. Discuss the three examples the narrator uses to show how people can become independent from their parents.
3. When does Adolf von Kleist tell Mary Hepburn that he might be a carrier of Huntington's chorea?
4. Why is Mary Hepburn practically unseen in the Hotel El Dorado?
5. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
6. How do people describe their brains in Chapter 6?
7. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
8. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
9. In Chapter 25, how is Hernando Cruz's case compared to that of Jesus Ortiz?
10. Why does the narrator choose the Captain's head to get into in Chapter 23?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)