|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mary Hepburn the Bahia has landed on the Island of Santa Rosalia?
(a) An iguana.
(b) A little bird.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Andrew MacIntosh.
2. How many children do the Hepburn's have?
3. Mary Hepburn whispers, "You are my enemy. Why would I want to carry such a terrible enemy inside of me?" What is she referring to?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her brain.
(c) Her spirit.
(d) Her kidneys.
4. What extra credit response did Noble Claggett turn in to Mary Hepburn that stayed with her until the day she died?
(a) A portrait.
(b) A poem.
(c) A novel.
(d) A song.
5. How many tombs are on the Galapagos Islands?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what are the people of the Galapagos Islands only tool?
2. The Bahia is technically a ship designed for ________.
3. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
4. What is the name of the Ecuadorian currency that has become worth less than a banana peel?
5. What do the two stars by the names of certain characters in the story mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Mandarax to Gokubi.
2. Describe Andrew MacIntosh's personality as it is described in Chapter 19.
3. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
4. Who discovered the Galapagos Islands in 1535 A.D.?
5. Who stated, "The dry and parched surface, being heated by the noon-day sun, gave to the air a close and sultry feeling, like that from a stove: we fancied even that the bushes smelt unpleasantly?" What is this statement in reference to?
6. Describe the city of Guayaquil as it is described in Chapter 1.
7. Why does Siegfried von Kleist have no children?
8. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
9. In a desperate attempt to keep his passengers from canceling their cruise on the Bahia, what does Bobby King do?
10. What had Hernando Cruz planned to do to the Bahia if the trip was canceled?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)