|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Bahia built?
2. What magazine does Andrew MacIntosh read from cover to cover every month?
(a) Forbes Magazine.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) Reader's Digest.
(d) Times Magazine.
3. According to the narrator, what made marriage so difficult?
(a) The undersized heart.
(b) The lack of support.
(c) The oversized brain.
(d) The lack of morals.
4. Who disconnects the El Dorado's phones in Chapter 25?
(a) Mary Hepburn.
(b) Jesús Ortiz.
(c) Hernando Cruz.
(d) Adolf von Kleist.
5. What is the name of the archipelago of volcanic peaks due west of Guayaquil?
(a) The Galapagos Islands.
(b) The Solomon Islands.
(c) The Kuril Islands.
(d) The Fiji Islands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is not found on the Galapagos Islands?
2. Where did Wait meet, court, and marry his first wife?
3. What country is Peru about to declare war on in Chapter 22?
4. Who is considered the ancestor of every human being on the face of the earth and the Captain of the Bahia?
5. What is James Wait's native city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the Bahia De Darwin to the Beagle.
2. Why does Mary Hepburn believe she had a brain tumor in Chapter 7?
3. Describe the Hotel El Dorado.
4. In Chapter 9, what is Roy Hepburn's dying compared to? Explain.
5. Describe the city of Guayaquil as it is described in Chapter 1.
6. Summarize James Wait's childhood as it is described in Chapter 3.
7. Why does Kazakh never bark or play with other dogs?
8. Why do blue-footed boobies dance the way they do in courtship?
9. What mystery in 1986 A.D. is discussed in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 3, how is Charles Darwin described?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)